• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought back a lot of feels. I loved when Cartoon Network had marathons of this and the old Hanna Barbara cartoons like Josie and the Pussy Cats and Jabber Jaw. Also Johhny quest.

Also... who are your western animated waifus?

360pages

So theres no real prize? No money? No luxury cruise? Not even people recognizing your novel?

Well, you can get 2 free paper back copies of it. But if it was an actual writing contest it would probably take a hell of a lot more time an money. It's mostly for those who want to get started and actually have a goal to finish something. (A deadline is actually a great motivator)

360pages

Brought back a lot of feels. I loved when Cartoon Network had marathons of this and the old Hanna Barbara cartoons like Josie and the Pussy Cats and Jabber Jaw. Also Johhny quest.

I have the complete first season of Scooby doo...it was really awful, in the funny kind of way

Well, you can get 2 free paper back copies of it. But if it was an actual writing contest it would probably take a hell of a lot more time an money. It's mostly for those who want to get started and actually have a goal to finish something. (A deadline is actually a great motivator)
Hmph humph I see, I see...well the writing count 50000 words in one month thats a lot of work and if theres two phrases I hate more than any others its "work hard" and "hard work" but I guess I can try it.

Nooo but he's bad at videogames and whines and is basically dsp tho. I have to claim superiority over him to boost my busted ego and shit on everything he says and does due to insecurities.
Woolie is literally the antichrist come to destroy humanity.
:lol It's fucking ridiculous. I should get over it, they probably just want attention now.
Does anyone have a picture of Woolie's 2snacks head? I want to make a stupid thing and I couldn't find it.
Can't find a clean one, but here's a cap that you could use if you crop him out.

Jman014

Uhh..Korra I guess, but idk if she counts since the animation is done in South Korea.

Oberon

Banned

Mhmm, from the top of my head, I guess pepper Ann
Pepper-Ann-Leaning-pepper-ann-2923122-290-400.jpg

joe2187

Banned

I had a thing for Hawkgirl during the first run of the justice league show.

croten

When I was younger I used to have a thing for Frankie from Fosters home.

Harley Quinn or Doctor Mrs. The Monarch/Dr. Girlfriend, I don't care about the voice she knows how to get shit done

Oberon

Banned
Daphne from the Scoobs is up there, and I can't think of any others right now.

Anyway, Hell in a Cell! This IC title match is pretty rad.

Why would you chose Daphne when Velma is the obvious right choice?
Daphne is basically the Yukiko of the Scooby-Doo universe.

Woof, that's a lot to choose from.

Dexter's Mom 'cause I ain't afraid of no booty like Liam is.
Sedusa (Powerpuff Girls) for reasons.
Velma because she was the only one with any sense in her head on that show.
Princess Ilana (Sym-Bionic Titan).
Starfire, the superior Titan waifu.
Jynx for her counterpart.
Flame Princess, with Breakfast Princess as a close runner up if she was older.
Garnet.

To name a few.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Congratulations!
On mobile, can't link.

Game is pretty great guys, like so much fun to play even tho ive seen countless LPs of it in the past.

Thing is, in the beginning I was doing pretty good getting golds and silvers each chapter, than all of a sudden, I started getting stone after stone after stone.

croten

Game is pretty great guys, like so much fun to play even tho ive seen countless LPs of it in the past.

Thing is, in the beginning I was doing pretty good getting golds and silvers each chapter, than all of a sudden, I started getting stone after stone after stone.

Some of those later enemies are tough

Finished Bayonetta 2. Fucking fantastic game, GOTY, this game fucking does what Capcom and Team Ninja couldn't do with DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2: Make a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every conceivable way.

I'd still rank it just under Wonderful 101, but hey, being the second best Platinum title still makes it one hell of a game.

Oh god whats wrong with Foxs voice?
That's his voice actor since... One of the newer games. I forget.
Finished Bayonetta 2. Fucking fantastic game, GOTY, this game fucking does what Capcom and Team Ninja couldn't do with DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden 2: Make a sequel that surpasses its predecessor in every conceivable way.

I'd still rank it just under Wonderful 101, but hey, being the second best Platinum title still makes it one hell of a game.
Final boss thoughts? I keep asking this, but it's the only thing I can levy against the game. It's amazing how good the core mechanics are.

JoJo94

Code Lyoko will, reset it all! Code Lyoko, stronger after all!

...I listened to that song earlier today...

Let's see western waifus: Starfire as a kid, but Raven now
Velma...still is lol
Sam totally Spies
Frankie Fosters

I know there are more but the ones I remember off the top of my head

Final boss thoughts?
In terms of scope, it's not as amazing as Wonderful 101 or Bayo 1's finale
plus the fact that a fusion of Sheba and Jubileus is summoned and you steer the final boss to its death is kind of a rehash (though it's still awesome regardless).

However, the actual fight itself feels closer to something like an Armstrong. It's an intense, personal fight compared to a giant, which I will always prefer. Had a lot of fun regardless, even with me dying constantly.

On the subject of Code Lyoko, what the fuck was the plot of that show?
There was like an evil computer program that liked to fuck with the earth and some nerd found a computer that let his friends live in the database and there was a pink haired computer chick who could do stufg with the eagle vision towers and the second season she became real and there was a blue haired guy that later joined them and then he became vergil and then after that I dunno what happened. Only thing I really remember lf that show was the bad CG.

ultimax

There was like an evil computer program that liked to fuck with the earth and some nerd found a computer that let his friends live in the database and there was a pink haired computer chick who could do stufg with the eagle vision towers and the second season she became real and there was a blue haired guy that later joined them and then he became vergil and then after that I dunno what happened. Only thing I really remember lf that show was the bad CG.

just looking at CG for that show made me wanna throw up. im being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom