• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too late to suggest "Women's Virginity are at risk" as the next title?

But it has nothing to do with the best friends.....

37635-What-is-this-fuckery-4c1r.gif

Agent York

Neo Member
Seriously, more people need to know of the ridiculousness that is Jack Rakan. He's like if crazy over-the-top Shonen bullshit was given physical form and set loose upon the universe. He's a sick looking badass that uses a multitude of weapons, one of them being a battleship sized sword that was once used to cut through actual battleships, he gets around long distance by throwing his sword and surfing on it, and not content with just shooting beams from his hands, he instead has to show off by shooting them from his entire body.

Duplolas

Banned
Anyone know if there is a complete video tour of Matt's Apartment? Like one that actually shows it off as if he were trying to sell it.

I honestly want to see what everything looks like, but most of the shots from his previous vid were zoomed it and didn't get a good complete view.

I saw the Video Game Setups thread and it got my curious.

Oberon

Banned
Seriously, more people need to know of the ridiculousness that is Jack Rakan. He's like if crazy over-the-top Shonen bullshit was given physical form and set loose upon the universe. He's a sick looking badass that uses a multitude of weapons, one of them being a battleship sized sword that was once used to cut through actual battleships, he gets around long distance by throwing his sword and surfing on it, and not content with just shooting beams from his hands, he instead has to show off by shooting them from his entire body.

He sounds so stupidity powerfull, that he could be a One Piece character.

Anyone know if there is a complete video tour of Matt's Apartment? Like one that actually shows it off as if he were trying to sell it.

I honestly want to see what everything looks like, but most of the shots from his previous vid were zoomed it and didn't get a good complete view.

I saw the Video Game Setups thread and it got my curious.

He said he was going to wait to get fully settled in to do one but I guess he forgot/decided it was a good idea not to

Duplolas

Banned
Congrats. You've climbed one level on the GAF hierarchy. Now, go make a dumb thread and earn youself a tag
or a ban.

I don't know what I would make a thread about, nor what would get me banned.

I mean. One was about a guy having sex with a pregnant woman. Everyone loved it. No ban though.

Agent York

Neo Member
I think I have to check this out now
If you missed mine and Aaron's Negima talk, a word of caution before you jump in. The series doesn't start as the sick Kung-Fu Wizard bullshit that it becomes. After Love Hina, Akamatsu wanted to make an action series, but his publisher forced him to make another harem series since the last one made them boatloads o' money. He was only able to slowly change the series into what he wanted to start with. So for the first 7 volumes, Negima mostly consists of horrendous harem bullshit with way too much fanservice. By around volume 15 it starts to resemble more the series that it ends as. I don't blame anybody that doesn't have the patience to stick around through all the bullshit, cause I only coincidentally grew up to dislike harem bs at the same time that the series started to become more action oriented.

If you missed mine and Aaron's Negima talk, a word of caution before you jump in. The series doesn't start as the sick Kung-Fu Wizard bullshit that it becomes. After Love Hina, Akamatsu wanted to make an action series, but his publisher forced him to make another harem series since the last one made them boatloads o' money. He was only able to slowly change the series into what he wanted to start with. So for the first 7 volumes, Negima mostly consists of horrendous harem bullshit with way too much fanservice. By around volume 15 it starts to resemble more the series that it ends as. I don't blame anybody that doesn't have the patience to stick around through all the bullshit, cause I only coincidentally grew up to dislike harem bs at the same time that the series started to become more action oriented.

Is it bad that I liked Negima's harem aspect when I was 13? I stopped right before the kung fu stuff since I didn't care for manga for a periiod.

I have high tolerance for bullshit, I'll probably be fine.

Duplolas

Banned
Make one about how the Wii U is a dumb name.

Title: The U in Wii U is Corrupting Our Society As A Whole

"You see the U after Wii? That U is dumb. What proof do I have to support this claim? Well, see for yourself. The evidence is in plain view. What more could you need to see that I am right and you are wrong? It doesn't take much to see that the U is dumb. Those who don't see the U as dumb are, in essence, dumb themselves.

I don't mean to start a war here, but a war may be what is needed. Maybe society should just restart. I don't think this world is able to handle something as dumb as that specific U. We wern't meant to understand it, I think. Only those of the true sight may understand.

But that power to see what others don't corrupts us. It makes us unholy. Dirty. Tainted.

That is what the U does to us. Why would you ever think that that was a smart thing?"

Is that good enough?

Zenfalcia

Essentially they used the same plot again.
Sensei is crunched to draw a manga again and people have to pitch in and stay up late to finish it.
Shit was boring. Other than that I agree the show is good.

Something something manga is good too.

Something something spoilers for everything
they do repeat jokes a lot, expect more in the future, but they arent that bad.
tons of ships in the water though. It would be a shame if any of them were sunk with some canon(s) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom