• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
I have to wonder if he was actually creepy or not.

When I'm creepy I'm at least somewhat self aware that I'm creepy afterwords.

The thing is he tried to play it off like he was being meta and just joking, but that contradicts with his entire post history on GAF.

When people called him out on that he just started spouting random nonsense and getting creepier.

The thing is he tried to play it off like he was being meta and just joking, but that contradicts with his entire post history on GAF.

When people called him out on that he just started spouting random nonsense and getting creepier.

I do think the mod was right in closing that thread. It seems pretty wierd that he would keep going, but I guess anymore and he would crack. Sometimes its best not to even post in those types of threads.

Anyone awake that has been to any type of tournament?

I'm not sure what to bring if I'm going to stay there all day.

I've been to a lot of fighting game tournaments and as far as what you should take, there's really not much you'll need, there should be water there and it's usually in a pretty centrally located place, so fast-food should only be a few blocks away.

I'd say make sure you know people, since depending on the crowd/type of game it can be hard to make new friends in a competitive environment. I'm usually pretty good about this, but one tournament I went to I knew nobody and nobody there was interested in getting to know me, so I was pretty much stuck there with nobody to talk to for a full day and a half.

I've been to a lot of fighting game tournaments and as far as what you should take, there's really not much you'll need, there should be water there and it's usually in a pretty centrally located place, so fast-food should only be a few blocks away.

I'd say make sure you know people, since depending on the crowd/type of game it can be hard to make new friends in a competitive environment. I'm usually pretty good about this, but one tournament I went to I knew nobody and nobody there was interested in getting to know me, so I was pretty much stuck there with nobody to talk to for a full day and a half.

Alright. Water and food.

I'm going with a couple of friends that I haven't seen since I started college, so that won't be a problem. I hope convention centers have Wifi so I can post to GAF.

Its for the Card game, Cardfight Vanguard.

If I top, I get paid to go to the National tournament.

Yeah its pretty fun and best thing is, there is no fee

Okay okay okay, cardgames are a different story, I've been to plenty of Yugioh tournies back in the day. Same things I said before apply, but cardgame people are pieces of shit, watch out. You're going to meet some of the cockiest asshole kids ever.

Cardgames are a life and death ordeal, putting the poor spirit of competition in videogames to shame.

Oh, and good luck.

Okay okay okay, cardgames are a different story, I've been to plenty of Yugioh tournies back in the day. Same things I said before apply, but cardgame people are pieces of shit, watch out. You're going to meet some of the cockiest asshole kids ever.

Cardgames are a life and death ordeal, putting the poor spirit of competition in videogames to shame.

Oh, and good luck.

Alright... Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

I think I'll post to GAF for updates.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hahaha, Pat thinks we Americans don't know who Tom Green is.

We couldn't be that lucky, Pat. Once he got his MTV show he was EVERYWHERE for like five years.

Alright... Thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

I think I'll post to GAF for updates.

One time at a Yugioh tournament I went up against a ten year old kid dressed as Inuyasha. I hadn't lost that whole tournament so they put me up against someone who hadn't won once, for some reason of balance. I sat down and this shitty cosplaying kid said deadly seriously "I haven't won much today, so don't be upset if I beat you." I just stared at him, said "Uh-huh." Then fucking destroyed him without the slightest hint of mercy. That piece of shit kid still makes me furious to this day and I fully recognize that I was several years older than him and am now ten years removed from that time, but it still infuriates me.

We couldn't be that lucky, Pat. Once he got his MTV show he was EVERYWHERE for like five years.

I've always been completely out of touch with popular culture and even I know who that asshole is.

joe2187

Banned

He's still doing stuff on TV, I just saw him on some show the other day while flipping through channels, called Tom greens haunted house.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It does make me wonder, though, if Canadians don't realize that some bits of their popular culture do get exported to the US (I mean besides Nickelback and Avril Lavigne and Bieber). I remember a few podcasts ago, they thought none of their US listeners would know who Red Green was. Shiiiiiiit, Red Green is awesome. His show aired for YEARS over here on PBS. Hell, I think it still does, in reruns.

Alfebit

Banned

I wonder why you thought we'd like it...
KQZ0Xwn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom