• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
It does make me wonder, though, if Canadians don't realize that some bits of their popular culture do get exported to the US (I mean besides Nickelback and Avril Lavigne and Bieber). I remember a few podcasts ago, they thought none of their US listeners would know who Red Green was. Shiiiiiiit, Red Green is awesome. His show aired for YEARS over here on PBS. Hell, I think it still does, in reruns.

I used to watch Red Green on PBS with my dad.

holy crap that was forever ago.

Somehow I knew this would be Kougane before I clicked.

Also I'm going to see this video at least five times on my Facebook wall today. Oh the joys of having a shit-ton of friends who love Kamen Rider. :D

Maybe it was the hentai kamen avatar I have. He stole the show in every scene he was in. I need to give it a good rewatch because for some reason I only remember his scenes and Date's.

I wish my friends liked Kamen Rider. All of my friends are "mainstream" with their "anime", they won't give Japanese live action a chance.

Here I am once again, staying up past midnight browsing GAF and doing drawings. I know it's the weekend, but I sure hope it's not gonna fuck up my sleep schedule in the long run.

Oh well. Have a good one, BestGAF.

Xiraiya

tumblr_nepo9p3DAu1sk3o1to1_1280.png
Sometimes I need better ways to spend my time.

Oberon

Banned
By modding in P:M or Brawl Minus.

PM can't be played on a European game.
So Brawl wins by default. Great Modder, you can bring back your precious melee, but can't do that for PAL?
Nobody will play it anyway when smash 4 comes out, and I really hope Nintendo prevent it from happening on that game.

So today was a pretty good day...I got a 3ds and my ps3 back...I actually talked to a cute check out girl and told her her raindeer horns were cute...id say today was a success...I also had 6 slices of pizza....yeah...

Oberon

Banned
Getting my gallbladder taken out in the morning after going through some bad pains. Wish me luck frienders.

Good luck, gallbladder are basically useless anyway.
So today was a pretty good day...I got a 3ds and my ps3 back...I actually talked to a cute check out girl and told her her raindeer horns were cute...id say today was a success...I also had 6 slices of pizza....yeah...

Mhm, is this a thing people do now days?

Good luck, gallbladder are basically useless anyway.

Mhm, is this a thing people do now days?

Talking to the monster girl in your doujinshi doesn't count.

We are now FuckedUpGallbladderGAF.
She was a cute cashier girl working at a walgreens, its already christmas here in consumer america so they have to wear dumb stuff like that. She was super cute and she wasnt a fictional character.

She was a cute cashier girl working at a walgreens, its already christmas here in consumer america so they have to wear dumb stuff like that. She was super cute and she wasnt a fictional character.

My stores barely even have Christmas decorations put up yet, let alone forcing their employees to wear antlers. The fuck kinda police state you living in, bro?

Man in Ireland the only people who dress up for work are the ones who do it of their own free will.

We are a country of no fucks given.

Hell, last week a lady dressed as a skeleton stopped me from buying some PS2 games.

My stores barely even have Christmas decorations put up yet, let alone forcing their employees to wear antlers. The fuck kinda police state you living in, bro?
Texas
dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Get in there.
I live like a block away from that walgreens so finding excuses to see her isnt that hard since my mom and brother usually send me...though I hope she doesnt think im a teenager cause I was wearing my old tennis team shirt from high school...god damn it....maybe this will turn into a romcom...nah not even I can believe it.

Texas
I live like a block away from that walgreens so finding excuses to see her isnt that hard since my mom and brother usually send me...though I hope she doesnt think im a teenager cause I was wearing my old tennis team shirt from high school...god damn it....maybe this will turn into a romcom...nah not even I can believe it.

Be careful, man, I was sure that girl that worked at the grocery store across the street was into me, had everyone telling me she was, then she had a boyfriend. I wouldn't draw it out too long, just ask her out and see how it goes, waiting longer is probably not going to help anything.

Be careful, man, I was sure that girl that worked at the grocery store across the street was into me, had everyone telling me she was, then she had a boyfriend. I wouldn't draw it out too long, just ask her out and see how it goes, waiting longer is probably not going to help anything.
Well then im fucked cause if there are one thing thats impossible for me to do is to ask a girl out in person. I can text it but its physically impossible to directly ask a girl out.

Well then im fucked cause if there are one thing thats impossible for me to do is to ask a girl out in person. I can text it but its physically impossible to directly ask a girl out.

Ask one of the other employees what her situation is, you run the risk of looking creepy depending on how you do it and if you ask a girl she's almost assuredly going to find out you asked, but it's easier to go from there than to just keep flirting without any knowledge of what her deal is. It's obviously easier and better to just ask her directly, but that's understandably embarrassing.

Oberon

Banned

Then why even bother?
lol

I too was in a similar position once
aparantly smelling on someones armpit and asking for a kiss on the cheek means nothing

Ask one of the other employees what her situation is, you run the risk of looking creepy depending on how you do it and if you ask a girl she's almost assuredly going to find out you asked, but it's easier to go from there than to just keep flirting without any knowledge of what her deal is. It's obviously easier and better to just ask her directly, but that's understandably embarrassing.
Wanna know whatd be easier tho? Counts my loses and seeing just telling a girl and making her giggle as a win.
plus every single girl ive ever liked already liked someone else...though I remember one time in my bible class my mom forced me into I was so charming with this girl in class that I think I made her legit forget her boyfriends name cause she told me she had one and I asked her what his name was and she was like "I dont know" it might have been her joking but in my eyes....I was super charming...im gonna be alone for the rest of my life arent I? Well thats the life of a weird geek who cares more about fiction then reality...

Wanna know whatd be easier tho? Counts my loses and seeing just telling a girl and making her giggle as a win.

I used to count that as a win, kept doing it, kept getting those wins, figuring out what made people smile, what was funny, what was light, eventually I became as charming as I am today and now every girl I ever talk to laughs, smiles and tells me about her day without my even asking or trying. It's not really anything, I can't count that as a win anymore and I shouldn't have counted that as a win when I did want a girlfriend. If you want a girlfriend, accepting any minor positive step as good enough is what will make you end up alone. Sometimes you gotta get a little greedy to get your happiness.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, and I'm terrible at being motivational, but being happy with minor victories leads to complacency. And complacency leads to things never changing. And things never changing leads to depression. And depression, leads to suffering! If you think that girl is cute, then you go and ask her cute ass out, friender! Worst case scenario is she says no, in which case the whole interaction will become awkward and you'll regret it horribly every time you see her and go to the store! But fuck all that shit, just do it, son!

That was like a month ago, so no
do you want to hear the whole story?

I kind of have to, now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom