• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duder? Guys,
I think we have a mole! He's with the GBT!
If you're not a Friender you're just a Duder. Acquaintancers?
I had no idea GB called their fans that.
I'm joking though. You guys are Frienders through and through.
Or maybe talk about the SBF!

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?.
I've watched every single playthrough completely. They're all pretty good. Worst ones are probably Oldschool Playthroughs, but only when they played a bad game. Like 50% of them were solid videos.
No! Not MrGoodwill! He's like a brother to us! Do all our threads together mean nothing to you!?
I can't beleive he'd accuse me after the blood, sweat, and tears,
as well as other bodily fluids.

Ignored:
Anything involving Woolie.
The Last of Us.
Most of Season 2 of The Walking Dead.

Enjoyed:
Deadly Premonition.
Prison Break.
Streetwise.
DownComing.

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?.

Favorites:
-Downcoming.
-RE2/4
-Barkley
-Sadness Double Feature.

Didn't like:
-Oldschool playthroughs. Pretty much all of them.
-Eternal Darkness
-Streetwise
-Beyond
-Predator

Didn't watch:
-Last of Us
-Killer is Dead
-Revengeance
-Chrono Trigger
-Wolf Among us
-Berserk
-Walking Dead 2

I will never, ever be able to watch the Chrono Trigger playthrough. That game was so absurdly long.

Also any of their really old videos where they were recording audio/video from the camera. Too much reminder of DSP.

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?

Ignored:
Walking Dead S1: Lee is my character. Also I haven't played S1 yet.
Deadly Premonition:I still need to play that. The PC port really doesn't like my laptop.

Enjoyed:
Trilogy of sadness: A huge examples of bad game design. It was pretty informative on not to have choices in games.
Dark Souls II: I heavily empathized with Woolie since I was somewhat terrible at DaS2.
Killer is Dead: An informative guide into the character action genre.
Yakuza 4: This game has gotten me back into Kamen Rider and the whole Japanese dramas in general.
Barkley: I liked Space Jam. I don't know anything else about basketball lore.
Disaster Day of Crisis: I wish 'Murcia got this niche story game.
Downpour: Made me not buy it. Also Tourguide Nixon.

Ignored:
Walking Dead S1: Lee is my character. Also I haven't played S1 yet.

d3b.gif

Metroid Fusion LP and Prison Break LP are my perennial favorites.

One introduced the world to gunjumper Liam and the other gave us a Patrick breakdown.

Biggest runner ups are Deadly Premonition and Heavy Rain.

Revengence is cool too, I guess.

More the "Lee is my character" part that I'm confused about when combined with not having played it.

I have played it. I didn't watch it at the time and it was apparently really spoiler heavy. When I picked up the IOS demo of Season 1, it felt like I could actually shape his personallity. I'm on the last episode now. I was also thinking about watching S1 when S2 Machinima episode came out, but I bought S1.

I could make fun of you guys for not watching every playthrough, but instead I'll list my favorites since I forgot:
-Downpour
-Deadly Premonition
-D4 (It's already amazing)
-Prison Break
-Barkley: SU&JG
-I Have No Butt and I Must Fart
-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
-Chrono Trigger
-Eternal Darkness
-Streetwise (You have to power through when Pat gives up on life)

It's missing all the brawls and one offs, but the question is LPs.

Also the worst playthrough was Viewtiful Joe.

I've never watched the I have no mouth LP either, mostly because I heard the game changed shit from the story and I love it too much to deal so I never got around to watching their or Retsupurea's videos of it.

I'll get to it one day.

Ignored:
The Swery LPs. Sorry, I'm simply not interested in these games.
No More Heroes
Most of the old school LPs
And apparently Viewtiful Joe was a LP.

Dropped:
Nuzlocke. Could read the coming storm from a mile away.
Walking Dead S2. Jokes became one note, and the actual game's writing quality wasn't up to par.
Shaolin Monks. Boring.

Enjoyed:
Prison Break
Barkley
RE2/RE4
Ground Zeroes
Heavy Rain
Rising

I see your posts in other threads and a single tear always rolls down my face. Also, nobody fuck off, just post whenever you feel like it! We'll always be here, forever and forever and forever!

You duders should hang out when new videos and stuff happen. Not to mention if you post something on topic, people totally reply.

Don't sweat it. You're not missing much.

Daily Videos uploaded at 3 and 9 PM. 2 videos a day.

That's when the thread goes on topic for at least 3-4 pages.

Also, TY for the early morning smile for that Onett video.

Haha you guys sure know how to make a friender feel at home. Thanks dawgs

It doesn't really have to do with being on-topic or anything, it's just that I've been focusing more on art so everytime I would take a break and look at Gaf, you guys would have 10+ new pages. Not that I'm complaining, I find it impressive.
Though pretty much everytime I looked in here, you guys were either talking about a Senran game or arguing about Naruto. Both of which just make me turn away.

But I'm back now, especially with Smash on the horizon.
tumblr_llgetduL7a1qe8ehjo1_400.gif

And I had to share that Onett goodness, too hype.

My favourite playthroughs are
-Chrono Trigger
-Deadly Premonition
-Downcoming
-Indigo Prophecy
-Prison Break
-Revengeance
-Barkley
-Berserk
-Donkey Kong Country
-I Have No Mouth
Basically I really like everything these guys do.

I can rewatch Downpour and the Brawls all day, it's that kind of stuff that makes me love these guys fervently.
Eh, it was alright. It's no Streetwise or Predator.
Predator was a playthrough I enjoyed a lot more marathoning it when it was over. Watching it week to week at the start was ruff.
Though pretty much everytime I looked in here, you guys were either talking about a Senran game or arguing about Naruto. Both of which just make me turn away.
Nobody was happy about that.

Favourite LPs
Barkley
Heavy Rain
Yakuza 4
Deadly P

Liked
DKC (most of Old School Playthroughs were rough but I stand by this one)
Streetwise
RE 2
RE 4
Indigo Prophecy
Chrono Trigger
Man vs Wild
Beyond
IHNMAIMS
Walking Dead S1
100% Flawless Full LP of Shadow the Edgehog
Dark Souls 2
Pokeman Road to Final Victory Only

I've watched all the LPs and the only one I considered not watching was Shaolin Monks,

OMG That Ray, Raiden doing cool guy things, the music!
I splooged when Pat splooged.
These guys got me to buy Revengeance, which led to buying Bayo and Vanquish, which led to buying DMC HD collection, which led to DMC4.

It was the best thing ever. They also are the reason I got into anime with Gurren Lagann.
That's not how you spell Nuzlocke.
Fuck... it's... close. Eh... Nuzlocke was longer so it's worse. Ending was good though.

I'm actually interested in when some of you guys started watching the videos. Like which one was your first.

Mine was the Deadly Premonition one of from a couple of years ago. I think it was the Season 1 finally.

croten

These guys got me to buy Revengeance, which led to buying Bayo and Vanquish, which led to buying DMC HD collection, which led to DMC4.

It was the best thing ever. They also are the reason I got into anime with Gurren Lagann.

That's the exact same with me although I had played the DMC games when I was younger.

I'm actually interested in when some of you guys started watching the videos. Like which one was your first.
I think it was the Mortal Kombat Machinima episode, and after XBL Indie games I was hooked. I found the main channel while they were finishing up Downpour and fell in love.
That's the exact same with me although I had played the DMC games when I was younger.
I feel like I owe them something. They basically handed me my favorite things ever.

Mine was the Deadly Premonition one of from a couple of years ago. I think it was the Season 1 finally.

"Two Best Friends Play Kirby's Epic Yarn."

Day one baby. I was there for the Cartoon bullshit then suddenly this video was uploaded and I was like "What is this bullshit?"

The first exposure I ever had to them was through one of the Best Sisters Play videos. Then I saw the Revengeance playthrough.

Okingjrr

I can rewatch Downpour and the Brawls all day, it's that kind of stuff that makes me love these guys fervently.

Predator was a playthrough I enjoyed a lot more marathoning it when it was over. Watching it week to week at the start was ruff.

Nobody was happy about that.

They're so good to rewatch, especially the MK64 one!

the first video I saw of theirs was Indie Games 1, I found their own personal channel when they started the Streetwise LP and I've been here since

"Two Best Friends Play Kirby's Epic Yarn."

Day one baby. I was there for the Cartoon bullshit then suddenly this video was uploaded and I was like "What is this bullshit?"

Oh shit, I think I actually saw some pre-tbf videos before Machinima. I think Mat had a very poorly edited Commando video way back when that I saw.

croten

It was the Metal Gear Solid one off on machinima, I thought they were a bunch of dumb nerds so I went to their channel and watched more of their videos. I think they were LPing Way of the Samurai and Chrono Trigger at he time.

I think mine was... Actually the video when Woolie and Matt were playing with the Godzilla toys & being big Dorks.

JoJo94

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?

Ignored:
...Some Shitstorms because homework

DIsliked:
No More Heroes 2 once Woolie switched to the big slow sword.

Favorite:
I pretty much like all of them but some personal favorites

All the Brawls and FNF
Have No Mouth
Barkley
Sadness Trilogy
Rule of Rose
RIsing
Prison Break
Deadly P
D4

Jman014

I constantly rewatch the Barkley, Man vs Wild, Prison Break and Deadly Premonition playthroughs, but DP has to be my favorite they've done.

Okingjrr

Same.

Mine was the LA noire machinima video.
Then Heavy Rain on the channel.

I think my first video was one of the season one videos, can't actually remember which one it was. After Basic Training, I actually didn't get back into the Zaibatsu, until they started Rustlemania.

JoJo94

Haha you guys sure know how to make a friender feel at home. Thanks dawgs

It doesn't really have to do with being on-topic or anything, it's just that I've been focusing more on art so everytime I would take a break and look at Gaf, you guys would have 10+ new pages. Not that I'm complaining, I find it impressive.

But I'm back now, especially with Smash on the horizon.
tumblr_llgetduL7a1qe8ehjo1_400.gif

And I had to share that Onett goodness, too hype.

Man I missed seeing that nose lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom