• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archgan

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?
I have watched every LP except for the Shaolin Monks, which I dropped half-way through. I really like Barkley, DP and Yakuza. I also think that the Chrono Trigger has one of my favorite stories:
Matt and Pat said:
Pat: The kids have a right to know what happens after they leave for school. Their parents fight all the time—
Matt: —They don’t though…
Matt: I don’t like that thing anymore…
Pat: Oh… You don’t like it…?
Matt: No.
Pat: You don’t like the idea of your mom and dad fighting? Over how dumb you are—
Matt: —but you… shutup! You know you’re not saying that in that context…
Pat (sarcastic):Matt’s wasting his life! With these internet things! He’s so stupid! What did we do? Why couldn’t he become a butcher like we wanted him to—
Matt: Shutup mom! It’s my dream! …. To hang out with some stupid guy— we play video games all day—
Pat: When I told my folks, that I was gonna, like, live my life by just hangin’ out with you, and just playin’ video games all day they were like, “Are you serious, you can do that?” and I’m like “Yea…” They’re like “PFfftbbtfff!! You’re smarter than your brother!”
Matt (laughs)
Pat (laughs)
Matt: I thought it would be funny if you said, like… you told ‘em that you’d do that and they’d just be like… “Oh that’s really great, doing something that you want. That’s really great.” But you just assume they’d be negative. You’re like “SHUTUP!!”
Pat: Yeah… You wanna hear something really awkward? They watch a bunch of them. And so, when you fuckin’ hate on my mom all the time, she calls me up.
Pat (laughs)
Pat: And it’s like… “Tell Matt that that joke he made about me being a slut is really funny.”
Pat (laughs)
Matt (concerned): You’re not serious th—
Pat: I’m dead fuckin’ serious— and she means it! Like, I just said it with, like, a passive aggressive voice… she says “Oh I was laughing!” And I’m like “Mom, please don’t encourage this—”
Matt: Right.
Pat: “This, behavior… I can’t… I can’t… I can’t.”
Matt: ‘Cause when I was with her last night she didn’t say that—-
Pat: OooOOhh! Haw! Haw! Oh!! I can’t even… Oh, Crono’s almost dead!
Matt: Cause you threw your head back you were guffawing so!
Pat (sarcastic): Oh it’s so funny… when you do these things… it’s really great……. you son of a bitch.
Matt (under breath): That’s pretty funny…
Pat: Aww fuck off… you fuckin’ douche-nozzle…
I'm actually interested in when some of you guys started watching the videos. Like which one was your first.
I think the first one I watched was the Skyrim Machinima. After watching the rest of the Seasons, I found their main channel near the end of RE2.
Since people are talking about this, what did the best friends get you into?
They got me into Jojo, Gurren Laggen, and got me to go back to Berserk. I had read up to the
Eclipse
but dropped because of how
uncomfortable
it was.

Man, this post is long.

That's too west and north for my blood, even though France is right next to the UK.

tumblr_mkpe42ERDn1rf90k7o1_400.gif

I wish I remembered that story from the Chrono Trigger LP.

That story is GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

The one story I remember is that pyrotechnics are banned in Montreal or Toronto because of Metallica and Matt gets upset that it ruined WWE shows.

I have watched every LP except for the Shaolin Monks, which I dropped half-way through. I really like Barkley, DP and Yakuza. I also think that the Chrono Trigger has one of my favorite stories:

Oh man, I love that exchange. Chrono Trigger started really strong, it's a shame Matt got sick.

I also downloaded the episodes in order to force them to 4:3. (The stretched 16:9 video bugged me.)

360pages

Shalion monks LP got pretty dull, it had a pretty hype start, but the game didn't have enough going on for a full LP.

Hell, they probably would have to do a lot of cuts from action games like DMC3 and Bayo to keep everything interesting. Bayo less so because there is usually something to always talk about.

Shalion monks LP got pretty dull, it had a pretty hype start, but the game didn't have enough going on for a full LP.

Hell, they probably would have to do a lot of cuts from action games like DMC3 and Bayo to keep everything interesting. Bayo less so because there is usually something to always talk about.

That and God Hand, which they most likely will NEVER do and most of it would be "Holy shit we're getting our asses kicked"

Oberon

Banned
Pat made me buy re4 and got me to play P4

Matt got me to watch bojack the horseman (its one of the best cartoons I have ever seen, seriously go watch it)

Woolie got me into to hip hop and I don't remember why

Amd liam got me to buy a vita

Jojo, persona, TTGL sort of,KLK, Platinum,

I wish I did then. I was a little shit back in 2007 and Gurren Lagann would have snapped me out of that earlier.

Watamote and Gurren Lagann are the two anime that pretty much changed my life.
Jojo and persona helped too.

Welp, shit, I'm gonna rewatch Gurren again.
Watamote and Gurren Lagann are the two anime that pretty much changed my life.
Jojo and persona helped too.
Gurren Lagann is easily my favorite anything that's not a videogame. It basically changed my whole outlook on media, if not everything. Persona I played around the same time, and it contributed somewhat in a personal way. Gurren is why I even started watching anime, in some vain hope of finding something like that. JoJo is close in terms of enjoyment.

Watching this Best Friends Brawl has made me realize just hot integral Liam is to the dynamic. It feels so empty and lonely with only Matt, Pat and Woolie.

Gurren Lagann is easily my favorite anything that's not a videogame. It basically changed my whole outlook on media, if not everything. Persona I played around the same time, and it contributed somewhat in a personal way.

TTGL is my favorite intellectual property of anything ever. Even more than I love RE1, Majora's Mask and Persona 4. It's so special to me in so many ways.

Watching this Best Friends Brawl has made me realize just hot integral Liam is to the dynamic. It feels so empty and lonely with only Matt, Pat and Woolie.

It's not nearly as vital because they're cutting it, but yup. Depends on the game too though. They're still pushing their characterized personas and talking shit to fill more air, but it works.

I want a new Brawl goddammit.
TTGL is my favorite intellectual property of anything ever. Even more than I love RE1, Majora's Mask and Persona 4. It's so special to me in so many ways.

I like videogames too much, but only a few are above Gurren. Gurren Lagann deserves a fucking good videogame. Anime in general is something I enjoy, but it's definitely second to games.

croten

Yeah I agree. Seeing Simon develop was something that spoke to me. I felt very similar to him in the first few episodes but unlike him I never had a Kamina to look up to. The believe in the me that believes in you line really got me. I've never been confident or anything, talking to people is difficult to me but Gurren pretty much taught me that if I think I can do it, I can just do it.

sjay1994

Matt got me to watch bojack the horseman (its one of the best cartoons I have ever seen, seriously go watch it)

Jojo.

And I thank them for it

JoJo, Gaf, TTGL, Character Action games, Liam introduced me to anime rap remixes when he brought up Where the Idols At

They were not so subtle about this being an FNF thing.

I bet they will do a new brawl when the new smash arrives
I miss the brawls a lot
The only difference is the stakes and shittalking. I don't think people would mind if they didn't edit it, though I'd like to see edited Brawls too.

Those 2 Brawls that are lost forever are a fucking tragedy.
Yeah I agree. Seeing Simon develop was something that spoke to me. I felt very similar to him in the first few episodes but unlike him I never had a Kamina to look up to. The believe in the me that believes in you line really got me. I've never been confident or anything, talking to people is difficult to me but Gurren pretty much taught me that if I think I can do it, I can just do it.

I agree on pretty much every front. I'm not really ashamed to say I cried a few times my first time through, and I don't think any other peice of media has made me do that ever.

The only difference is the stakes and shittalking. I don't think people would mind if they didn't edit it, though I'd like to see edited Brawls too.

Those 2 Brawls that are lost forever are a fucking tragedy.

I think FNF pretty much just means they don't need to play any more fighting games on Brawls and could focus on more games like the best Brawl, Worms.

Not even tho. The Brawls were hype with just 3 of them.

Liam just adds more one liners guaranteed to make any of the others salty.

Liam has the best comedic timing and deadpan out of all of the Zaibatsu.

He reminds me of Bo Burnham/Demitri Martin with the delivery he has on his jokes and gags. I'll say it once again: Liam is a stand-up comic in the making.

Four's DLC chapter in Drakengard 3...woof.

That was...yeah...

Fuck you, Four, you hollow piece of shit.

Well, onto Five and her boy toy Dito. Let's see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom