• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer Y

Or maybe talk about the SBF!

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?

Ignored:
Dark Souls 2 DLC playthrough- Just because I haven't played them yet.
SuperFriends: Wonderful101 finale - just til I beat it myself, they are so much better at it than I am.
Killer is Dead: Same as W101, but I still haven't finished it.
D4- Cause I just bought so I'll be playing it later.
Pretty much any game I plan on playing I skip their LP of it.

Enjoyed:
Pretty much everything, not many examples of videos I didn't enjoy.

Looking forward to the Evil Within LP

My nephew is playing a wrestling game, chose Scott Steiner an a woman as his opponent, now he's just beating the shit out of her in a corner. I don't know how to react to this, on one hand that's fucked up, but on the other that's hilarious.

Alfebit

Banned
Or maybe talk about the SBF!

What LPs have you guys avoided / have not watched / don't care for? And on the flip side, which are the ones you look foward to / enjoyed the most?

Avoided:
None, I've watched everything they put out.

Didn't care for:
Nuzlocke
Shaolin Monks

Favorites:
DP
MGR
I Have No Mouth
Prison Break
Walking Dead S1
The Sadness Trilogy

My nephew is playing a wrestling game, chose Scott Steiner an a woman as his opponent, now he's just beating the shit out of her in a corner. I don't know how to react to this, on one hand that's fucked up, but on the other that's hilarious.
Once, me and my friends created Chris Brown, and had him fight divas.

I don't like wrassle games, but that shit was hilarious.
Less hilarious than when we created Klan members. Or in Fight Night, when I created roided hood homies, and had the beat up skinny white boys. Casul teenaged stupidity was the best.

Since people are talking about this, what did the best friends get you into?
Pat made me buy re4 and got me to play P4

Matt got me to watch bojack the horseman (its one of the best cartoons I have ever seen, seriously go watch it)

Woolie got me into to hip hop and I don't remember why

Amd liam got me to buy a vita

Matt got me to watch bojack the horseman (its one of the best cartoons I have ever seen, seriously go watch it)

Kamen Rider, Berserk (Though I've barely started) and Vagabond. I already shared a lot of interests so there wasn't much to get me into.

Okingjrr

I can't say that I fully enjoyed the MGR LP. At the time I hadn't even laid eyes on a Metal Gear game and everything pertaining to the lore passed over my head. Thankfully I've forgotten a bit of the game, so my current playthrough that I just started 20 min ago!!! should be awesome in terms of discovery and "Oh that's cool!" moments.

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

I can't say that I fully enjoyed the MGR LP. At the time I hadn't even laid eyes on a Metal Gear game and everything pertaining to the lore passed over my head. Thankfully I've forgotten a bit of the game, so my current playthrough that I just started 20 min ago!!! should be awesome in terms of discovery and "Oh that's cool!" moments.

RRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
Don't use nano paste

Okingjrr

Gurren Lagann and JoJo, Neogaf, Platinum games (the first time I heard about Bayo, some guy was shitting on it, kinda turned me off back then, but know look at me, with my FPE).

Don't use nano paste

I don't even remember what it does :p

When he lost he said "I'm gonna grow up real strong and punch her so hard in the face!" while punching the palm of his hand repeatedly. I'm beginning to suspect that Scott Steiner might not be a good influence.

RUH-ROH!

Oh man, so much stuff I missed out on in my babby days.

Gurren & Animu in general, Persona, Platinum games, reignited my love for Wrestling, niche Japanese shit like DP and D4(so basically everything SWERY).

Thanks to them I now have a place to share geeky manchild interests(GAF is my home)

Unit24

I'm starting to experience what Woolie was explaining on a recent podcast. I keep going back to Bayonetta 2 and thinking "why the FUCK can't games be this good more often?!". It's driving me nuts.

Xiraiya

When he lost he said "I'm gonna grow up real strong and punch her so hard in the face!" while punching the palm of his hand repeatedly. I'm beginning to suspect that Scott Steiner might not be a good influence.

Beat him up and force him to learn how to cook dinner so he can know the reality of what kind of person he's saying he would like to be towards other people.

Nobody was happy about that.

The Naruto Wars will haunt us all for the rest of our lives.
We're done with Naruto now that it's gone and dead.

Good.
Man I missed seeing that nose lol.

tumblr_n917d2kQOO1sh43kgo1_500.gif

Jojo and Ippo, though I'm still just in the beginning for both. Watched Prison Break because of their LP, good stuff.
And all their mentionings of Gaf got me more into it.

I take so long to watch TBF vids, I'm still catching up with Rule of Rose.

Okingjrr

We were just talking about the Best Friends now we talking bout ball scratching? I'm out...

I'm really going out frienders, night!

Best friends got me into Metal Gear, Souls, fighting games, neogaf, aaand getting a 2DS.

Pat definitely got me into Yakuza. I know Matt has mentioned that and Disaster were some of their least viewed playthroughs, but I would not have given a damn about that series had I not seen their LP of 4.

And at the very least, Matt's Godzilla Week made me more aware of Godzilla's history and certain films I should check out.

Not much else I can think of, they like action games, fighting games, and other awesome shit I like as well. The already large overlap in interests is why I enjoy them so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom