• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

tumblr_mt4rpgjKNb1qzp9weo1_500.gif

If Bayo 2 could be funded, anything is possible.

Then again a Bayo 2 sequel makes more sense.

If you ask people in general about both Madworld and Bayo people would say "Oh Bayonetta is apparently one of the best action games from last gen" and when you ask them about madworld most will say "wasn't it that M rated game on the wii"

sjay1994

I remember back in that weird time when people knew about Madworld because it was a gory game on the wii.

And people knew about the Conduit because it was an FPS on the wii.

I remember back in that weird time when people knew about Madworld because it was a gory game on the wii.

I remember the tag line for the conduit "the best fps on the wii". That still makes me laugh.

Kamiya wasn't involved with Madworld tho.

Besides, the Wii U lacks third party. Maybe Ninty will open their hearts(and wallets) again?

JoJo94

Yup. Good times. I just remember you said you skipped a few. It was a good ending.

Well I actually watched all of them, but I ignored them because I was doing my homework so I caught very little. THe only one I paid attention to really was Rule of Rose

sjay1994

Kamiya wasn't involved with Madworld tho.

Besides, the Wii U lacks third party. Maybe Ninty will open their hearts(and wallets) again?

I know Kamiya wasn't involved with Madworld, but I have enjoyed every platinum game I have played.

The only one I gave up on was the original Bayo, Its my secret shame. I loved the demo.... but the technical issues on the PS3 version made me quit it around temperantia.

Couldn't deal with how long the load times were. I couldn't believe I needed a loading screen to pause the game. Fucking Sega fucking up things as usual.

When I buy a wii U, I'm catching up on the platinum games I missed.

Eh
some, the first bayo didn't do so hot

this one isn't doing so hot, this like yakuza is one of those sega decisions like " yeah I can see why you don't wanna play for it"

It's super silly to see people complain when the Yakuza games don't come over, when their reasoning is Sega hates us, instead realizing that the games simply were not making the money back.

I know Kamiya wasn't involved with Madworld, but I have enjoyed every platinum game I have played.

The only one I gave up on was the original Bayo, Its my secret shame. I loved the demo.... but the technical issues on the PS3 version made me quit it around temperantia.

Couldn't deal with how long the load times were. I couldn't believe I needed a loading screen to pause the game. Fucking Sega fucking up things as usual.

When I buy a wii U, I'm catching up on the platinum games I missed.

The port for Bayo 1 on Wii U is really solid gamewise.

Framerate holds up, no long loading times, and Bayo looks just as awesome as she does in 2.

It's super silly to see people complain when the Yakuza games don't come over, when their reasoning is Sega hates us, instead realizing that the games simply were not making the money back.

I really don't see why though.

Yakuza 4, at least, reminds me of Japan's own take on the GTA franchise.

It does quite a bit of silly stuff and it's self-referential, but it's grounded enough in realism

sjay1994

So... I decided I wanted to listen to Mysterious Destiny.

On the side of it, is a video called "this is how you don't play Bayonetta" obviously its just DSP footage.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of DSP. Like I can understand the pewdiepie appeal because his audience are mostly still in middle or high school..... but who watches DSP?

360pages

SMTIV has the worst overworld map I have seen in a very, very long while. Even more so because enemies block its tiny roads and rush you as soon as you're close, even if they're significantly lower level than you. Can't have you run away with certainty either, because that wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, it's legit garbage, part of the reason I rate it lower than EO4. That and its shit mission structure, there is no icon on where the mission is going to take place and there are so many names that will probably seem odd to you unless you live in japan

On the side of it, is a video called "this is how you don't play Bayonetta" obviously its just DSP footage.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of DSP. Like I can understand the pewdiepie appeal because his audience are mostly still in middle or high school..... but who watches DSP?

Prepare to be extra salty then.

Woolie was compared to DSP in his gameplay in the DS2 DLC.

JoJo94

SMTIV has the worst overworld map I have seen in a very, very long while. Even more so because enemies block its tiny roads and rush you as soon as you're close, even if they're significantly lower level than you. Can't have you run away with certainty either, because that wouldn't make sense.

Have fun running around roads trying to figure out where to go. The map is the worst part of the game, and actually makes me hate replaying it sometimes.

At first it's probably the amount of content he uploads, then it becomes people think he's funny...for about a day. Once someone notices he does nothing but blame the game and act like an idiot then they really start hating him. This is coming from someone who actually watched DSp for about a week before I said fuck this.

I'm not ashamed to say that that map made me drop the game. I played Nocturne after 4 and was quite happy that the over world was much better. maybe I'm just a video game lazy asshole but I really don't like running around in over worlds in general. the dorms and the shop area of Freedom Wars is killing me, earning the right to the fast travel system was a #gamechanger

JoJo94

I'm not ashamed to say that that map made me drop the game. I played Nocturne after 4 and was quite happy that the over world was much better. maybe I'm just a video game lazy asshole but I really don't like running around in over worlds in general. the dorms and the shop area of Freedom Wars is killing me, earning the right to the fast travel system was a #gamechanger

It's understandable to drop the game because of the map I think. Like I said, it's really a tiring thing to do especially on multiple playthroughs, and plus you can literally get lost at where to go.

It's funny because all they had to do was make significantly lower level mobs just run away. They try to emulate the encounter rate from previous SMT games, but those games have very open overworlds, a godawful map exaggerates this annoyance to infinity.

It should be cool, since it's actually a map of real life Tokyo, but it's just awful. That and the sidequests made me want to drop it.
Nocturne is the best game ever.

And Five's chapter in Drakengard 3 has been completed. Definitely twisted in an oddly hilarious way, and probably has the only time that Dito and Five are on the same wavelength.

Still need to buy Zero's DLC chapter, but so far, in quality, I'd rate the sisters' DLC as Two > Four > One > Five > Three.

Now to grind out their levels to unlock the remaining Memoirs of the Intoners, and read their weapon stories in the database.

JoJo94

Exactly! The vast majority of missions seem to be "collect x amount of y from enemy z" or "Kill a certain boss", both of which are in a certain area like "Kasumigakesi" or some shit. How the hell am I supposed to remember where that shit is? Even more so because the map is a cluttered piece of shit and it's a pain to find your way through areas alone, let alone find the right area. You don't have a proper map, you can't even see or look up the names of the areas you've been to and it's...it's just the worst.

Yeah, right now I'm just walking through areas trying to figure out where the fuck I am and where I'm supposes to go. I've come across and beaten lvl75 bosses, so I don't think I'm where I am supposed to be.

I don't have that problem as long as long as the overworld isn't utter garbage. This one has one of the worst overworlds I've ever seen, so I don't blame you for quitting.

Yeah I don't think they realized that no one is going to take the time to remember some of the locations. Happy to see you got passed the quest where you have to
talk to some guy in the bar
that tripped me up because you never have to do that again. It gets easier and tougher to navigate you'll run into short areas or areas with easy landmarks, and then it just turns into roads again.

360pages

Exactly! The vast majority of missions seem to be "collect x amount of y from enemy z" or "Kill a certain boss", both of which are in a certain area like "Kasumigakesi" or some shit. How the hell am I supposed to remember where that shit is? Even more so because the map is a cluttered piece of shit and it's a pain to find your way through areas alone, let alone find the right area. You don't have a proper map, you can't even see or look up the names of the areas you've been to and it's...it's just the worst.

Yeah, right now I'm just walking through areas trying to figure out where the fuck I am and where I'm supposes to go. I've come across and beaten lvl75 bosses, so I don't think I'm where I am supposed to be.

I don't have that problem as long as long as the overworld isn't utter garbage. This one has one of the worst overworlds I've ever seen, so I don't blame you for quitting.

There is a skill later in the game that lets you kill low level mobs instantly on the overworld. Though you get it rather late and unless you are using all 24 of your demon slots and have a free space for an attack, you better off putting an actual skill on the demon.

It doesn't help that the game feels super low budget, it's weird that this is still there second biggest franchise. (Next to Persona) yet it feels less time and money went into it than the Etrian Odyssey 4/untold, hell it feels like Persona Q got a bigger budget and that game is legit a spin-off of a spin-off.

It's understandable to drop the game because of the map I think. Like I said, it's really a tiring thing to do especially on multiple playthroughs, and plus you can literally get lost at where to go.

Exactly! T

If I ever give the game another shot, which may not happen since I've got a tonne of stuff in my backlog, I'm definitely going through it with a guide, from what I've heard 2 of the endings are bad anyway.

360pages

If I ever give the game another shot, which may not happen since I've got a tonne of stuff in my backlog, I'm definitely going through it with a guide, from what I've heard 2 of the endings are bad anyway.

One ending is just a bad end.

The other two have so little build up and execution that it just kind of happens and then it ends. Chaos and Law, are pretty meh, and honestly feels more like a thank you for playing than a proper ending.

Neutral is the only ending that feels like it has any foreshadowing in it, and has build up resolution and feels like a proper ending to everything that happened. Too bad you have to do a lot of shit to get it.

You guys played SMT4 without a guide on where to go?

I would die.

Also it's obviously a game for people that have lived in Tokyo. The names of locations not being explained and 1:1 map are meant for people that live there.

JoJo94

One ending is just a bad end.

The other two have so little build up and execution that it just kind of happens and then it ends. Chaos and Law, are pretty meh, and honestly feels more like a thank you for playing than a proper ending.

Neutral is the only ending that feels like it has any foreshadowing in it, and has build up resolution and feels like a proper ending to everything that happened. Too bad you have to do a lot of shit to get it.

I'm still in the middle of Neutral playthrough because of all the shit you have to do...it's been a year.

360pages

You guys played SMT4 without a guide on where to go?

I would die.

Also it's obviously a game for people that have lived in Tokyo. The names of locations not being explained and 1:1 map are meant for people that live there.

I would argue that, that's the job for the localization team or someone to either put small points on the map. I wouldn't expect anyone in Japan to know all the states in the usa and use that knowledge to complete a game by going to different areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom