• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that, that's the job for the localization team or someone to either put small points on the map. I wouldn't expect anyone in Japan to know all the states in the usa and use that knowledge to complete a game by going to different areas.

Yup, and that's my biggest gripe, but I'm not sure if ATLUS localization is even qualified or capable to edit the game in that way to add waypoints or a map.

Which sidequest was that exactly?

Yeah, but like you said, that's apparently late game. I have to manually kill them every single time right now.

They are? Which is good and should I try to aim for that?

I was thinking about the exact same thing. I would have liked it if enemies either ran away (ideal) or if you could always run away from regular battles if you were of a higher level. Right now the areas are small, cluttered and enemies block your path. All you can do is wait until they disappear and try to spawn before they spawn again on top of you, but that just completely ruins the pacing.

I've heard that Neutral is the best ending but it requires a bunch of work, I have no idea what it entails

They are? Which is good and should I try to aim for that?

I was thinking about the exact same thing. I would have liked it if enemies either ran away (ideal) or if you could always run away from regular battles if you were of a higher level. Right now the areas are small, cluttered and enemies block your path. All you can do is wait until they disappear and try to spawn before they spawn again on top of you, but that just completely ruins the pacing.

Chaos > Law, and there's an intentionally bad end, that's just a bad end. Neutral is the best ending, but getting on the neutral path is difficult since it requires a balance of Law/Chaos, and it makes you
do almost every sidequest.

The 3D exploration sections are actually pretty solid too, despite getting lost a handful of times there as well. I have no answer for the overworld though. It's not threatening and oppressive like it's meant to feel, it's just annoying.

360pages

Chaos > Law, and there's an intentionally bad end, that's just a bad end. Neutral is the best ending, but getting on the neutral path is difficult since it requires a balance of Law/Chaos, and it makes you
do almost every sidequest.

The 3D exploration sections are actually pretty solid too, despite getting lost a handful of times there as well. I have no answer for the overworld though. It's not threatening and oppressive like it's meant to feel, it's just annoying.

A game lost a lot of it's isolated feeling. Even if SMT I and II had NPCs it still felt more closed off and that you were alone even when you had people with you due to the first person view and how corners and areas were laid out,

SMTIII you were legit a lone outside of some demons.

SMTIV feels like a regular RPG with some dark themes on it, I do think Strange Journey is over all a better game, keeping some core elements from the first 2 while making the Chaos/Law/Neutral system less irritating. (They actually gave you neutral choices so you don't pretty much have to flip flop a lot of time to get the Neutral ending unlike in IV)

... he was banned

Well, now I know. And
gijoe-300x145.jpg

A game lost a lot of it's isolated feeling. Even if SMT I and II had NPCs it still felt more closed off and that you were alone even when you had people with you due to the first person view and how corners and areas were laid out,

SMTIII you were legit a lone outside of some demons.

SMTIV feels like a regular RPG with some dark themes on it, I do think Strange Journey is over all a better game, keeping some core elements from the first 2 while making the Chaos/Law/Neutral system less irritating. (They actually gave you neutral choices so you don't pretty much have to flip flop a lot of time to get the Neutral ending unlike in IV)
I need to play more of SMT1 and play 2, but I agree.

In III all your friends
are basically your antagonists.

Strange Journey is actually SMT4 for all intents and purposes, SMTIV feels like it's trying to bridge the gap between it and SMT1/2 with 3 and the PS2 spinoffs, but it fails in other areas. If we're criticizing the atmosphere, it nails it sometimes and drops the ball others. It's a mixed bag, but if it wasn't so annoying to play, I'd like it way more.
still safe from that...never leaving this thread. Though I am tempted to start a thread.

DO IT NERD
I hope it's about the Wii U

360pages

I need to play more of SMT1 and play 2, but I agree.

In III all your friends
are basically your antagonists.

Strange Journey is actually SMT4 for all intents and purposes, SMTIV feels like it's trying to bridge the gap between it and SMT1/2 with 3 and the PS2 spinoffs, but it fails in other areas. If we're criticizing the atmosphere, it nails it sometimes and drops the ball others. It's a mixed bag, but if it wasn't so annoying to play, I'd like it way more.

DO IT NERD
I hope it's about the Wii U

Yeah, I don't mind a little humor, even in the darkest games, but some of it in SMTIV seems a little out of place. (Even though it brought one of my favorite scenes) If they wanted to make a lighter SMT game then make it lighter, but SMTIV seems to have some tone confusion going on.

sjay1994

leaving this thread doesnt guarantee a ban
look at me ive posted in lots of threads
so its obvious the mods dont give a damn about my avatars

Yeah, but honestly this thread is more fun.

What annoys me is that I commited to exiling myself to this thread.. hell even made a skull avatar and everything.

And a day after I commited this.... I got banned for a month, because I think I made fun of a guy for not wanting a watch because Assassins Creed Unity is 900p.

So yeah. If I fuck up one more time.... I get permabanned.

Because the first time I got banned, I made a joke in a LTTP Catherine
by saying "its a trap" when someone said they wanted to be with Erica. Didn't mean to offend anyone. And since I didn't go back to the thread after posting that, I never saw peoples warning to take it down. Got banned for 2 weeks for being transphobic :/

So yeah.... probably exiled here for eternity. But thats ok. You guys are more fun.

Wait, that's not how it is supposed to be played? I always
do every sidequest I possibly can
. And yeah, the 3d exploration is quite fun and actually getting lost there can be enjoyable. Problem with the overworld is that it's just a massive, annoying clusterfuck that simply isn't fun to traverse. That all being said, this game is surprisingly easy, aside from the occasional boss.
If you are then that makes it way easier. I got really fucking sick of the sidequests since it meant more overworld use.

The difficulty curve is weird since it's actually an SMT game that starts hard and gets easier, usually the difficulty is more linear/consistent along with some gimmick bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom