• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I just fucked myself by doing the sidequests? I'm only lvl 23 and looking around an area that starts out with an i (like I said, fuck the names of these places) and most of my demons are around lvl 19, but I took the time to put a lot of "resist element X" skills on them and I generally manage to get through most areas with ease and only die when bosses are either far too high leveled or choose to cheat and hit perfectly with low hitrate/high crit attacks multiple times.
Not at all, it's gonna be easy eventually, and more sidequests will happen as you go. I just meant that the game ends up getting easier as you go no matter what.

JoJo94

So...I just fucked myself by doing the sidequests? I'm only lvl 23 and looking around an area that starts out with an i (like I said, fuck the names of these places) and most of my demons are around lvl 19, but I took the time to put a lot of "resist element X" skills on them and I generally manage to get through most areas with ease and only die when bosses are either far too high leveled or choose to cheat and hit perfectly with low hitrate/high crit attacks multiple times.

Were you just playing the game, or were you actually trying for a neutral ending?

sjay1994

Ah, all right, I didn't know that. I'm assuming this is the case for the in-game animated cutscenes as well? Are these budget animation studios or something? I guess atlus isn't exactly wealthy enough to hire higher quality studios.

I thought the animation in Catherine and Persona 4 were pretty good.

Ah, all right, I didn't know that. Also, rather than just the animated series, who does the in-game animated cutscenes? Are these budget animation studios or something? I guess atlus isn't exactly wealthy enough to hire higher quality animation studios.

A1-Pictures is alright. They did SAO which had pretty good animation (Doesn't make it any less shit.) Can't speak for AIC since I'm not familiar with their work.

Edit: Oh wait, AIC did OreImo which had meh animation.

Zenfalcia

So.. SMT has
a manga about france.. why france?
in other news i spent too much time grinding. I'm level 11 when i can only go 3 floors deep. Unless that's normal.

3a1aae2ec087caf1e66e8ab056101c5a-d5irtsg.jpg

my new wallpaper from the Nintendo making more spinoffs thread

Hey guys, what if they made a SMT cross FE game. They could even announce it early and get people really hype and then never mention it unless questioned about it.

Yeah.

I played that new WWE game on PS3 today... BOY what a disappointment. I Really do Believe that THQ was the only company to make a great wrestling game last gen and that game was WWE All-Stars.

I played that new WWE game on PS3 today... BOY what a disappointment. I Really do Believe that THQ was the only company to make a great wrestling game last gen and that game was WWE All-Stars.

Fun fact:

WWE 2k15 and Alien:Isolation have the same score on IGN.

Guess how bad it is?

Bonus points for if you guess who wrote the alien review.

didnt Rustlemania teach you anything?
avoid the new WWE games at all costs
also guys picture it
DOA but with Smash characters

croten

So, in KLK,
is Satsuki the head of the school or the entire city? She's currently playing the role of dictator it seems, but seeing as people here keep saying she's the best character in the show, I'm sure there will be more to her than being a cold hearted dictator.
Ryuko seems like your standard cool character, though I don't know how I feel about that energetic one...

I don't know if it's explained in episode 1
but the school is in control of the city so yes on both fronts and Make dabes

So, in KLK,
is Satsuki the head of the school or the entire city? She's currently playing the role of dictator it seems, but seeing as people here keep saying she's the best character in the show, I'm sure there will be more to her than being your generic heartless dictator.
Ryuko seems like your standard cool character, though I don't know how I feel about Mako

Episode 7. Every single character gets amazing during episode 7. Mako gets awesome, Satsuki gets a couple great moments, Ryuko's motivation gets more complex.

So, in KLK,
is Satsuki the head of the school or the entire city? She's currently playing the role of dictator it seems, but seeing as people here keep saying she's the best character in the show, I'm sure there will be more to her than being a cold hearted dictator.
Ryuko seems like your standard cool character, though I don't know how I feel about that energetic one...
IIRC, the school is running the city.
EXTREMELY MILD SPOILERS BELOW FOR YOU MARA.

Your placement in school determines your social status.

Fun fact:

WWE 2k15 and Alien:Isolation have the same score on IGN.

Guess how bad it is?

Bonus points for if you guess who wrote the alien review.

It was either that review or the polygon review that gave it a low score because the reviewer didn't like stealth or horror games so I can see why he would give it a low score.

should have just gotten another reviewer

Not so far, no. And Mako won't stop talking every second she's on screen.
So it's basically like Episode 8 of TTGL. Cool.
Also, Mrgoodwil, I read the top part of your post, but will not quote you because I don't want to read the bottom part.

Seriously. Episode 7. Stick with it until episode 7. It's not like it's a hard show to watch. But after episode 7...

JoJo94

Not so far, no. And Mako won't stop talking every second she's on screen.
So it's basically like Episode 8 of TTGL. Cool.

Also, Mrgoodwil, I read the top part of your post, but will not quote you because I don't want to read the bottom part.

Mako does become good...if you don't like her we can't be friends anymore jk.

JoJo94

Yeah, I'm liking it already. Animation quality seems pretty sub-par (though it might improve like it did with TTGL later on), but the style makes it easily bearable.

I doubt I won't like her.

Then we can remain friends...and I don't have to eat your liver.

too much? too much.

Shadow of the Colossus
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Persona 4
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Pikmin 2
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Tales of Symphonia
Super Smash Bros. Melee