• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo94

My condolences Pat

S7ZXcQP.jpg

Wonder how mad Pat's mom is at the mad amounts of shit Matt and Woolie talk about her

I think they mentioned before that she loves it.

Xux

LttP, but I can't remember my exact first TBF video. Something around season 1 or 2 for sure.

The group introduced me to Berserk and Jojo's. Woolie prompted me to start Vagabond, but it hasn't grasped my attention very hard yet. It is good though.
Mine was the Man Vs. Wild Machinima video. After that I watched the bloopers and then the rest of the Machinima episodes and what was on their channel.

They introduced me to Killer is Dead and the Souls games which are some of my favorites now and put The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 on my radar super hard.

Man, registering for classes is never fun. Such a pain getting a decent schedule and classes that don't conflict with each other.

Oh well. At least I got enough credits for me to still be considered a full time student.

But now the challenge of getting through this semester alive and passing the courses I need that are prerequisites for the ones I just registered for...

JoJo94

Man, registering for classes is never fun. Such a pain getting a decent schedule and classes that don't conflict with each other.

Oh well. At least I got enough credits for me to still be considered a full time student.

But now the challenge of getting through this semester alive and passing the courses I need that are prerequisites for the ones I just registered for...

OH...yeah...I gotta do that...

The show stops drawing attention to the stripper outfits after a little while in, but I thought the start of the show was more of a parody of anime than a serious show.
Giving the girl character a extremely revealing outfit is parodying all the fanservice in other shows. That tone changes later on though.

I think Kill La Kill might've become what it sought to make fun of, and became a TTGL wannabe along the way. Still really a enjoyable show somehow though.

Maybe if you don't pay any attention to the characters, sure

Archgan

My condolences Pat

S7ZXcQP.jpg

Wonder how mad Pat's mom is at the mad amounts of shit Matt and Woolie talk about her

I'm going to re-post this story from the Chrono Trigger LP:
Matt and Pat said:
Pat: The kids have a right to know what happens after they leave for school. Their parents fight all the time—
Matt: —They don’t though…
Matt: I don’t like that thing anymore…
Pat: Oh… You don’t like it…?
Matt: No.
Pat: You don’t like the idea of your mom and dad fighting? Over how dumb you are—
Matt: —but you… shutup! You know you’re not saying that in that context…
Pat (sarcastic):Matt’s wasting his life! With these internet things! He’s so stupid! What did we do? Why couldn’t he become a butcher like we wanted him to—
Matt: Shutup mom! It’s my dream! …. To hang out with some stupid guy— we play video games all day—
Pat: When I told my folks, that I was gonna, like, live my life by just hangin’ out with you, and just playin’ video games all day they were like, “Are you serious, you can do that?” and I’m like “Yea…” They’re like “PFfftbbtfff!! You’re smarter than your brother!”
Matt (laughs)
Pat (laughs)
Matt: I thought it would be funny if you said, like… you told ‘em that you’d do that and they’d just be like… “Oh that’s really great, doing something that you want. That’s really great.” But you just assume they’d be negative. You’re like “SHUTUP!!”
Pat: Yeah… You wanna hear something really awkward? They watch a bunch of them. And so, when you fuckin’ hate on my mom all the time, she calls me up.
Pat (laughs)
Pat: And it’s like… “Tell Matt that that joke he made about me being a slut is really funny.”
Pat (laughs)
Matt (concerned): You’re not serious th—
Pat: I’m dead fuckin’ serious— and she means it! Like, I just said it with, like, a passive aggressive voice… she says “Oh I was laughing!” And I’m like “Mom, please don’t encourage this—”
Matt: Right.
Pat: “This, behavior… I can’t… I can’t… I can’t.”
Matt: ‘Cause when I was with her last night she didn’t say that—-
Pat: OooOOhh! Haw! Haw! Oh!! I can’t even… Oh, Crono’s almost dead!
Matt: Cause you threw your head back you were guffawing so!
Pat (sarcastic): Oh it’s so funny… when you do these things… it’s really great……. you son of a bitch.
Matt (under breath): That’s pretty funny…
Pat: Aww fuck off… you fuckin’ douche-nozzle…

The first scene where her Kamui forces himself on her and the "teach you about your body" moment with the teacher. Those are the rapey scenes I'm talking about. But anyway, I'm kind of enjoying it. Its scenes are hit and miss and I'm still not sure what I think about the costume designs, but it's fun when it gets going.

That second one isn't so bad since it's her taking it out of context but woof, yeah. It's a really fun show though, despite all that kind of stuff

So....might not need my gallbladder taken out....but have a tube shoved down my throat instead. More important than that though, I haven't eaten in over a day.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vxQqdFOeoM

that is unfortunate, any idea when they will know?
Someone's gotta shop Pat into Abe Lincoln's spaghetti video after last night's FNF

Clone High is one of my favourite cartoons

and to bring it back to relevant, Tom Green was on that show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxQvc2Q8kEg

It's not the way she interprets it for sure, but the scene still looked incredibly rapey at first.
She was even barely conscious and almost fully naked at that point as well. It was certainly not unintentional
. But again, I like the show, but some scenes...just really push their luck.

It gets even worse?
Uncomfortably worse.

JoJo94

It's not the way she interprets it for sure, but the scene still looked incredibly rapey at first.
She was even barely conscious and almost fully naked at that point as well. It was certainly not unintentional

It gets even worse?

...You're in for a wild ride.

croten

It gets even worse?

Let's just let Mara experience it for himself.

^This as well

It gets even worse?

Uncomfortably worse.

It's fineeeeee
Just keep watching.
now I feel like one of the people pushing me along Eva

Oh geez. You're familiar with Radiohead I'm sure. I know Google Play has Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) music, Spotify might? That's just off the top of my head. Somebody will post something better than me.
I know about Radiohead, but I still need to binge on them.

I really don't want to throw myself to the flames that is MusicGaf.

360pages

Still writing for writing month.

Had a short action scene between the Vampire girl and the dragon, so that was good considering the pacing had been rather slow up to that point.

croten

god the Unlimited Blade Works anime intro is so sick

I think I'm going to stop watching it, I want to marathon it so bad.

So peeps playing Rebirth, anyone manage to become Lord of the Flies yet or know what it does? I got it once and it made me fly but I feel like it does more.

Is arbys still a thing? I thought they went out of business
Still a thing.

I've never eaten at arby's, what's the deal?
Its....alright. Just one of those places that gets a bad image for...I don't know why.
Damn, that sucks(?) I'll eat whatever is in this god forsaken kitchen, thinking of you.
You're a true friender.
that is unfortunate, any idea when they will know?
Procedure? Waiting on details still. Eating? Nurse just told me it's best to not eat until I have it done so it doesn't complicate it and I don't feeling like crap after.

Still writing for writing month.

Had a short action scene between the Vampire girl and the dragon, so that was good considering the pacing had been rather slow up to that point.

giphy.gif

On the subject of Arby's, their sandwiches cover that shameful flavor indulgence that I just need on rainy days.

No Durstyroll tonight, friend.

I like just about everything, as long as it's not too abrasive (Grindcore, and the like) or overly poppy. Just throw some names, and I'll add them to this pastebin I'm compiling.

Roykksopp, Ronald Jenkees, Digitalism, Danny Baranowsky, Bastion/Transistor music (idk if those last two are there or if people can put their music on it, I don't know how spottify works), Glitch Mob, Brad Sucks, Mord Fustang.

JoJo94

No Durstyroll tonight, friend.

I like just about everything, as long as it's not too abrasive (Grindcore, and the like) or overly poppy. Just throw some names, and I'll add them to this pastebin I'm compiling.

Uhm...Caravan Palace are the first ones that come to mind for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom