• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started BOI:Rebirth. I barely touched the original, but having it on the Vita is pretty nice from a control standpoint. I'm playing on normal, which is supposedly easy, and getting my shit kicked in. Gotta git gud I guess.
Ok then just make Liam do it, he needs the money for body pillows.
Woolie replayed Guacamelee, could sic him on it.

Unless... that was
LIES.

I just started BOI:Rebirth. I barely touched the original, but having it on the Vita is pretty nice from a control standpoint. I'm playing on normal, which is supposedly easy, and getting my shit kicked in. Gotta git gud I guess.
Woolie replayed Guacamelee, could sic him on it.

Unless... that was
LIES.

im getting it Tuesday alongside Tales of Hearts R
i only played some of the original so this will basicly be a whole new experience for me

I'm watching the Mankind vs The Undertaker hell in the cell match for like the 5th time in my life and it's still one of my favourite WWE moments

Mankind is a fucking trooper. Love him

Xiraiya

I'm watching the Mankind vs The Undertaker hell in the cell match for like the 5th time in my life and it's still one of my favourite WWE moments
Mankind is a fucking trooper. Love him

That match was like amazing anime tier never give up fighting, it was great, literally the only time I loved wrestling.

It's fiiiiiiiiine. That's how it is for everyone at first. I wouldn't say normal mode is easy. It's the same as it was in BoI, it's just now there's a lot of new items and synergies that make the game a breeze.

It's fiiiiiiiiine. That's how it is for everyone at first. I wouldn't call normal mode is easy. It's the same as it was in BoI, it's just now there's a lot of new items and synergies that make the game a breeze.
My most recent run got me a four-shot. I think once I get lucky I'll be golden. Some item made my heart display disappear and that was weirdly really frustrating.

FINAL RATING: Great So Far/10

Its not optimal, but I onced use my local anime store to find some Berserk chapters.

For some reason I really like physical media instead of
looking at it on a computer screen.

yeah I agree with you 100% I have a bunch of the Berserk manga and I feel it is totally worth it, it does take up a bunch of room though.

nothing against local anime stores and I will gladly use them for items that have not been brought over

My most recent run got me a four-shot. I think once I get lucky I'll be golden. Some item made my heart display disappear and that was weirdly really frustrating.

A lot of the game is RNG. You need proper upgrades if you want to make it far. The more you progress the easier and harder it gets. Easier because you unlock new items and harder because you face tougher bosses.

Archgan

Yeah, I got the item that makes your heart display disappear too and it also bothered me a lot. I never realized how much I base my decisions in that game on the number of hearts I have.

OMG GUYS
Whaaaaaat

whaaaatttt

You have to play a PERFECT, FLAWLESS game with
The Lost
He has no health at all.

No one is getting 100%. No one.

Cobalt and Dick are fucked
The Lost has no hp at all
1 hit your dead
Binding of Isaac now has Hell and Hell mode i guess
this is going to be a VERY hard 100%

demidar

A lot of the game is RNG. You need proper upgrades if you want to make it far. The more you progress the easier and harder it gets. Easier because you unlock new items and harder because you face tougher bosses.

The game gets passively harder once you unlock "Everything is Terrible!" which I think happens when you beat one of the final bosses (I don't remember which one).

The game gets passively harder once you unlock "Everything is Terrible!" which I think happens when you beat one of the final bosses (I don't remember which one).

Yeah, I know. It's after you beat
Mom's heart
a certain number of times.
I didn't want to spoil that for him.

I've played a handful of rougelikes and disliked them, but now that I played a good amount of Crypt of the Necrodancer I have more of an idea on how to play these types of games, (though that game uses Rogue Legacy rules where you upgrade after each run forever.)
Yeah, I got the item that makes your heart display disappear too and it also bothered me a lot. I never realized how much I base my decisions in that game on the number of hearts I have.
It was my best run yet too. I'm sure I'll do better than that in no time though.

Wait... where's that picture from?

I base all of my decisions off of how much health I have left, so those times that I can't see it really kill me...

The Binding of Isaac is a simple, yet very tough game to get into. Your first successful runs will be all about that RNG, but after a while, unless you have been given a metric fuckton of bad luck, you should be able beat the game, without much issue.

The key is good play, and knowledge of synergy between items. Don't be afraid to experiment. That's how you get better in the game.

Prepare to love that Isaac crack. Game is hard to put down.

Interesting, although im distracted by the rest of that blog which seems to be about fetishized shark people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

By the way, have I mentioned how much I love snakes?

tumblr_n6meurS6VI1r8lwhmo1_1280.png

Lookit this good momma protecting her eggs.

The Binding of Isaac is a simple, yet very tough game to get into. Your first successful runs will be all about that RNG, but after a while, unless you have been given a metric fuckton of bad luck, you should be able beat the game, without much issue.

The key is good play, and knowledge of synergy between items. Don't be afraid to experiment. That's how you get better in the game.

putting it on a handheld just makes it worse

I've played a handful of rougelikes and disliked them, but now that I played a good amount of Crypt of the Necrodancer I have more of an idea on how to play these types of games, (though that game uses Rogue Legacy rules where you upgrade after each run forever.)

Rogue Legacy a shit. Why don't you play a real rogue-like game like Dwarf Fortress or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

I'm expecting this handheld version to literally never leave my side. So that will be nice/horrid.
Rogue Legacy a shit. Why don't you play a real rogue-like game like Dwarf Fortress or Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

I hated Rogue Legacy. It played like shit. I actually tried setting up 16-bit graphics to make DF look good to play Dwarf Fortress once. I got distracted after like 20 minutes of work. Your second example eludes me.

Archgan

You should probably be playing Crypt of the Necrodancer in hardcore, though. I find having all the upgrades make it too easy.
Says the guy who hasn't beaten hardcore yet.

But seriously, Necrodancer is great, especially for an early access game. It's at the point where they could have just released as is and it would still be worth full price. I think that this will be my rule for my early access from now on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7clG1Rm8sQ#t=45

The question is how many bird eggs does it have in its stomach while protecting its eggs

Probably not much since BPs aren't egg eaters.

And I love spiders

Buuuuut have to refrain from posting them because there are a lot of arachnophobic people on NeoGAF... Sad, really...

I think I already covered those pictures a few pages back.

demidar

Is Dwarf Fortress considered a roguelike?

Anyway, for a good platformer roguelite try Spelunky.

Edit Actually Spelunky is probably a roguelike since there's no persistence between runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom