• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archgan

My thoughts on the following games:

Crypt of the Necrodancer:

I think the reason I like it so much is rogue-likes and rhythm games are 2 of my favorite genres. So even after I learned the enemy's patterns, I still had fun doing my pattern to the beat.

Edit: And with that, I'm going to bed. Night, Frienders.

Stepmania KICKS ASS. You can play every song ever.

As long as we're listing semi-obscure rhythm stuff, there's also osu!. Antiquated now that the community is a bit weaker, but still fun.

Really? I thought its the strongest it has ever been.

I once saw there was even a tournament for osu with over 5k people watching it.

I would love to play some more, but without a drawing tablet, I might get carpal tunnel.

demidar

I think the reason I like it so much is rogue-likes and rhythm games are 2 of my favorite genres. So even after I learned the enemy's patterns, I still had fun doing my pattern to the beat.

Edit: And with that, I'm going to bed. Night, Frienders.

Yeah that's fair enough, different strokes and all that jazz.

Really? I thought its the strongest it has ever been.

I once saw there was even a tournament for osu with over 5k people watching it.

I would love to play some more, but without a drawing tablet, I might get carpal tunnel.

Seriously? I admit I'm out of the loop lately. I always just played with a mouse years ago. It was good times.

That Hyper Light Drifter game doesn't seem to interesting to me.

From what the SBF showed us, I'm not either. From a gameplay perspective it doesn't look in-depth.

The gif they showed us was hype, but how would you do it in actual combat? How cool can I look playing it? The art and world seem nice, but what I want is good gameplay.

Seriously? I admit I'm out of the loop lately. I always just played with a mouse years ago. It was good times.

It got really popularized due to LoL.

A lot of streamers who play LoL also stream/play some osu! due to the practice of accurately hitting creep at the right time.

At least something positive came from LoL.

Village

Well, shit, that explains it. I haven't heard an Outkast song since 8 years ago.

They havent made an album in a very long time, their last musical venture as a duo with new music was Idlewild. Big boi produces, and raps by himself on many a occasion. And Mr. Andree 3 stacks produces sometimes, but seems to have dedicated a lot of his time to more formal musical education, and rebuilding relationships apparently. He occasionally leaves the funk dimension he resides in to lay down a verse for some for some lucky soul. He had a cartoon for a bit. Cee lo and Big boi usually are two most active stayed relevant members of the dungeon family, I would add ludacrhris but he hasn't been doing much.

If you have some time, turn on spotify and go down outkast memory lane, very weird rap I tell ya.

360pages

It's not every day you can just make up whatever you want, put it down in type or ink, and it becomes a thing.

I can be creative with a general comprehension of the language I'm writing in. It's so liberating.

I know, but at the same time I have to establish a lot of stuff. How the world works, which is probably why I tend to write in our world.

Hell, I wanted to make a story where the demon and human world merges and a Half-demon adventurer meeting other demons and getting a crew and having more adventures, but the sheer amount of time I would need to set it up and why would be super jarring.

demidar

HOLY SHIT GUYS
read the the last 2 issues of Attack on Titan
MAJOR MAJOR REVELATIONS

Spoil me, not like I'm gonna read/watch it anyway.

I know, but at the same time I have to establish a lot of stuff. How the world works, which is probably why I tend to write in our world.

Hell, I wanted to make a story where the demon and human world merges and a Half-demon adventurer meeting other demons and getting a crew and having more adventures, but the sheer amount of time I would need to set it up and why would be super jarring.

So a DMC shounen series.
Or DmC huehuehuehue

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
From what the SBF showed us, I'm not either. From a gameplay perspective it doesn't look in-depth.

The gif they showed us was hype, but how would you do it in actual combat? How cool can I look playing it? The art and world seem nice, but what I want is good gameplay.

It got really popularized due to LoL.

A lot of streamers who play LoL also stream/play some osu! due to the practice of accurately hitting creep at the right time.

At least something positive came from LoL.
Dont forget that LoL gave us meaningful F2P.

Oh yeah, having rules and all that is important, but it's a hell of a lot easier for me to do that through words than, say, draw it all out.

Spoil me, not like I'm gonna read/watch it anyway.

Seconded, I can't keep up with all of it because I just stopped caring when they stacked on mystery after mystery with nothing being solved.

ok spoilers time for Attack on Titan
Erens father was a titan,Historias family member had the ability to control titans, Erens father ate her gaining that power, Eren ate his father gaining that power,Historia is about to be turned into a Titan, Eren is about to go batshit crazy to try to stop it, also the king has been overthrown

Erens father was a titan,Historias family member had the ability to control titans, Erens father ate her gaining that power, Eren ate his father gaining that power,Historia is about to be turned into a Titan, Eren is about to go batshit crazy to try to stop it, also the king has been overthrown

TITAAAAAAAAANS

So why are there other titans?

demidar

lol

Just replayed the first act of Vanquish on a whim. Maybe it's because I'm not as fond of shooters these days that are cover based, but I enjoy playing that game on casual just because I don't get killed as quickly for boosting around all recklessly and being cool. That first Bogey is fight is still pretty damn fun, and nothing's more satisfying than boosting into a kick attack that sends you flying while shooting in slow motion.

joe2187

Banned

So when does spider man show up?

Man I am not catching up with this shit unless there's another season animated

Just replayed the first act of Vanquish on a whim. Maybe it's because I'm not as fond of shooters these days that are cover based, but I enjoy playing that game on casual just because I don't get killed as quickly for boosting around all recklessly and being cool. That first Bogey is fight is still pretty damn fun, and nothing's more satisfying than boosting into a kick attack that sends you flying while shooting in slow motion.

Does Vanquish have auto aiming? I really do need to pick up Vanquish.

BossRush

That sounds like a mess

Just like the rest of the manga

Does Vanquish have auto aiming? I really do need to pick up Vanquish.
Well, there is a difficulty called Casual Auto so I assume there's significant auto aim applied to that. I've not really noticed it and enjoy controlling it as is, which is weird for me because I generally hate playing shooters with dual analog controls.

Definitely pick it up sometime, it's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom