• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about
Dads key
?
Dad's Key is a activated item that opens any door that doesn't require a key in a room, even if there are enemies it it. It allows the player to access rooms they would not be able to, like boss trap rooms, with more than one red heart, or, if in a pinch, run away.

croten

Dad's Key is a activated item that opens any door that doesn't require a key in a room, even if there are enemies it it. It allows the player to access rooms they would not be able to, like boss trap rooms, with more than one red heart, or, if in a pinch, run away.

Oh right, yeah I figured that one out.

Trust me, as much as it's a bitch waiting it's kinda necessary/worth it. Also there's women in those commercials?
Not sure if serious...
Good to hear you're okay, man. And trust me, if it comes down to a choice, have it removed. I'm going on three weeks without mine and I honestly can't tell the difference, except that it doesn't hurt when I eat big meals now. Don't put it off needlessly like I did.
That's what I did basically. Went to the ER earlier in the year and even the Doctor now asked me why they didn't do it then. My ex would tell me all the time to get it out. The thing is, it would hurt almost every time no matter what I ate. Thanks everyone. Wish I had my Wii U or laptop so I can watch all these damn videos coming out. I'll probably take the week off from school since its veterans day anyways and catch up then.

Archgan

"Kill Mom using The Bible" for BoI: Rebirth might be the best trophy description I've ever seen.

Now I just hope none of my non-gamer friends on Facebook question me about it. That'd be weird. :lol

I actually got really lucky in my first run of Rebirth and got the Bible right before Mom.

Do you resize your images to 100 x 120 for neogaf or are you talking about other sites as well. Is there no easy way to select the background and delete it on gimp?

I didn't realise I had to reduce it.

Usually there is, but for some reason this image wasn't playing nicely.with GIMP. I'm thinking it could have to do with the smoky bits in this image.

Zenfalcia

I didn't realise I had to reduce it.

Usually there is, but for some reason this image wasn't playing nicely.with GIMP. I'm thinking it could have to do with the smoky bits in this image.

I'm guessing it is. The small particles screw up deleting the background you need to hand delete it with the eraser tool.

Archgan

Look at this guy, using the bible against mum. Real babies use their blood, sweat and tears. Literally

When God gives you a bible and tells you to kill your Mom with it, you don't just ignore him.
I did beat Mom a bunch more times without it later, though.

croten

When God gives you a bible and tells you to kill you Mom with it, you don't just ignore him.
I did beat Mom a bunch more times without it later, though.

I've still never killed her with it. Not that I haven't had the chance but I always find the bible when I already have the ability to fly anyway, or my current item is better

Squishy3

this episode of kamen rider black

the evil organization's plot is to have a wasp mutant make everyone sick and then have the city quarantined

oh man now there's b-boys SICK oh shit it's basically westside story

I've still never killed her with it. Not that I haven't had the chance but I always find the bible when I already have the ability to fly anyway, or my current item is better

in the first one, I struggled to beat mom's heart with Blue Baby for quite a while, I finally did it and was super pumped. I decided to go for another run with him after that and got the bible. it completely kills any tension for those floors

Same. I'm only going to follow the LP as far as I've gotten on my brother's Xbone. After that I'm holding out until I've got a copy of my own to playthrough.

I'm going to watch it all because I don't have an XBone and really can't see myself ever buying one since I don't really care about any of the other exclusives. I may get a PS4 at some point, though. Or at least I'll get a Liam. Either way, I don't see a reason to get a Microsoft console, nothing really screams "You have to play this."

Fuck exclusives. I don't know why Microsoft Studios can't release their games on PC, considering Microsoft makes Windows.

I'm guessing it is. The small particles screw up deleting the background you need to hand delete it with the eraser tool.

Yeaaaaah... I'm too lazy for that. Gonna try resizing and if that doesn't work I'll try and find some other art of Mui. For some reason their doesn't seem to be a whole lot of Mahou Sensou art out there, or at least not of Mui.

Squishy3

I'll put Black on my list after I finish Fourze.
i'm still not even 20 episodes in yet, i'm going through it super slowly, it's legit though

I'm going to watch it all because I don't have an XBone and really can't see myself ever buying one since I don't really care about any of the other exclusives. I may get a PS4 at some point, though. Or at least I'll get a Liam. Either way, I don't see a reason to get a Microsoft console, nothing really screams "You have to play this."

Fuck exclusives. I don't know why Microsoft can't release their games on PC.
we're talking about the evil within not d4

croten

Is there like an item database? I've never actually played the games

Yeah but there are no descriptions.
Isaac doesn't exactly have the deepest lore or anything, it's just about a kid whose mum went nuts. Everything that's happening to him is all in his head as a way for him to escape from reality due to the abuse he seems to get from his mother such as being locked in his room and having everything taken from him. Items like the Guppy items show that he used to have a cat that died at some point as well as another cat called Tammy and a dog called Cricket. Every time you beat the game after your first win it always ends by opening a chest, this chest seems to be the only thing Isaac actually has in reality and seems to lock himself inside it which is where he is having this "dream". There is a lot more other things too like the bottle of pills item that implies that his mother might have a substance addiction which would explain the messages from God.

This is all what I have picked up and like Pat with Dark Souls lore I am probably wrong

JoJo94

All right finally started planning out my schedule...I may or may not be dead next semester jk.

(I'm actually a pretty hard worker and probably will make it seem easier than it is...or I'll die jk)

You're not looking hard enough and it's not a very popular series.

And yet SAO is beloved by all. I mean, I'm not saying it's Madoka good or something, but it was pretty decent, especially since besides Space Dandy, Pupa (which was only five minutes an episode), and maybe Nisekoi I can't think of anything from this past Winter season that was any worth watching.

EDIT - Welp, was searching for more art and found a fucking Mui dakimakura for $231.

we're talking about the evil within not d4
Waifus are expensive.

Dammit, I think two conversations mixed in my head or something.

Evil Within, though, I'm never gonna get because that game hurts me to play. It feels like when my internet or computer is slow. It's even worse, though, because all those shitty design choices were intentional and in fact were chosen for the fact that they're shitty.

in the first one, I struggled to beat mom's heart with Blue Baby for quite a while, I finally did it and was super pumped. I decided to go for another run with him after that and got the bible. it completely kills any tension for those floors

Okay, I've got a point to make about that. You know how Isaac taking the bible is basically him accepting his mom's hallucinations (and his own) as true and using them against her? Well, it makes perfect sense that that would make everything easier, but it's the wrong choice. It's gameplay and story integration, is how I see it. Haven't played rebirth myself, but given what I know about the game, this seems like a good way to interpret it.

And yet SAO is beloved by all. I mean, I'm not saying it's Madoka good or something, but it was pretty decent, especially since besides Space Dandy, Pupa (which was only five minutes an episode), and maybe Nisekoi I can't think of anything from this past Winter season that was any worth watching.

Boy, you must not be from around hurr. *Knuckles Cracking*
Just kidding, it's decent, you're right, and it's downright good early on, but it's more popular than we think it deserves to be.

croten

Okay, I've got a point to make about that. You know how Isaac taking the bible is basically him accepting his mom's hallucinations (and his own) as true and using them against her? Well, it makes perfect sense that that would make everything easier, but it's the wrong choice. It's gameplay and story integration, is how I see it. Haven't played rebirth myself, but given what I know about the game, this seems like a good way to interpret it.

Well it makes sense that the bible is an instant kill because when you first beat her a cutscene plays where she is knocked out (killed?) by a bible that falls off of a shelf. Either way the game continues on from there in later playthroughs.

Also hes talking about Mahou sensou not SAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom