• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, the point I was getting at is that character designers need to be more responsible, realistic, and conscious about these things. I WAS NOT TRYING TO SKEEZE ON MAY. That is fucked up and I am not happy about the way that looked. I apologize for the fact that this is now in the thread forever.

Quick, have a happy pangolin family to distract you from the lewd.

wDexGj3.jpg

Fun fact, their scales are made from fused keratin, the basis of hair and fingernails.

Zomba13

Pop in to see if people will be discussing how hype bayo 2 is and talking about the shitstorm but nope, discussing the boobs on a 10 year old character.

xpectd.gif

360pages

Pop in to see if people will be discussing how hype bayo 2 is and talking about the shitstorm but nope, discussing the boobs on a 10 year old character.

xpectd.gif

Hey, I actually don't have much to say about Clocktower, maybe it's because I saw the Jontron review of it, but that felt kind of meh.

We talked about Among the sleep for a bit yesterday.

Nah, I think Bayo just plays oddly, I'm decent at DMC3 and 4, but Bayo I had difficulty even on normal mode. Enemies are just over all more aggressive, compared to Rising.
Bayo has a weird learning curve, but Bayo 2 I'm much better at than Bayo 1. Having Devil Trigger be so strong is extremely useful, and the speed change just feels more natural.

There's a really heavy emphasis on dodging correctly and often though, and a few poorly timed dodges mean immediate death.

360pages

Except that in this scenario Kamogawa is telling Ippo "What the fuck are you doing boxing take out your sword you're not optimized for this"

Honestly the fist weapons seem super gimmicky and not actually that useful at all. There are probably swords just as fast, with longer range that would seem better for that kind of playstyle. Unless you want to be a big dick G.

Nah, I think Bayo just plays oddly, I'm decent at DMC3 and 4, but Bayo I had difficulty even on normal mode. Enemies are just over all more aggressive, compared to Rising.

I'm generally awful at all character action games. I just don't have the dexterity to play them. I'm much better slow paced games (Souls series) or games with extremely simple control schemes (Binding of Isacc, shmups) I have no problem accepting this, even though I want to git gud at fighting games (because I love them, and would prefer not to suck) and action games.

Honestly the fist weapons seem super gimmicky and not actually that useful at all. There are probably swords just as fast, with longer range that would seem better for that kind of playstyle. Unless you want to be a big dick G.
Like pat said theyre mainly pvp weapons and arent great for 1vmultiple guys which DS2 has a lot of.

360pages

Bayo has a weird learning curve, but Bayo 2 I'm much better at than Bayo 1. Having Devil Trigger be so strong is extremely useful, and the speed change just feels more natural.

There's a really heavy emphasis on dodging correctly and often though, and a few poorly timed dodges mean immediate death.

Well, my main complaints about Bayo 1 was that magic was only really useful for dealing a large amount of damage to a single foe or for certain builds. Outside of that, it really didn't have much use to it, which seemed they have fixed somewhat in Bayo 2.

Well, my main complaints about Bayo 1 was that magic was only really useful for dealing a large amount of damage to a single foe or for certain builds. Outside of that, it really didn't have much use to it, which seemed they have fixed somewhat in Bayo 2.
That true, especially on your first playthrough. Certain special moves in Bayo 2 eat a small section of your magic bar as well. The back to forward punch/kick can be an instant Wicked Weave if you have 3 sections of magic bar.

demidar

New topic. I started playing Divinity: Original Sin yesterday and damn, that's a good video game. It's the perfect fusion between combat, non-combat and explorations systems interacting all at once. The game is dense as fuck with characters and interactable items. Almost every item in a town belongs to an NPC and item possession and stealing is its own system, every NPC has their own inventory and you can barter with all of them. The quest system is like the best parts of WRPGs, I haven't encountered a "Kill X number of Y" quest yet, they've all been fairly involved. Combat's pretty tough as well, it's turn-based but movement is done as vectors, not a grid like XCOM. Characters generate AP that you can spend on movements, attacks, spells, abilities, equipping armour or other weapons or throwing barrels/items that you find in the world to block/blow up/set fire to. The writing's great as well, but the dialogue is a little overdone, it can sometimes make it a bit much to parse.

Playing this game for even hour is mentally exhausting, but it's super fun.

360pages

Soooooooooo

Anyways what video do you all think was the best one for today?

Clocktower was actually pretty meh, and haven't seen Dark Souls yet. Though I loved the Beat Em up they played today, it's honestly super interesting and it seems that it's an update of a less playable game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom