• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So writing, yeah writing. (Don't worry, once the page reaches 50 "or 100 for you weirdos" everything will be washed away.)

The only writing I do is casual RP stuff. I've never felt the urge to knuckle down and write a full blown story on my own.

I've gotten a Platinum trophy in every chapter of my 3rd Climax run so far, and then the Lumen Sage shows up and ruins my day with his warping and combo breaking. :c
I got gold but still

New topic. I started playing Divinity: Original Sin yesterday and damn, that's a good video game. It's the perfect fusion between combat, non-combat and explorations systems interacting all at once. The game is dense as fuck with characters and interactable items. Almost every item in a town belongs to an NPC and item possession and stealing is its own system, every NPC has their own inventory and you can barter with all of them. The quest system is like the best parts of WRPGs, I haven't encountered a "Kill X number of Y" quest yet, they've all been fairly involved. Combat's pretty tough as well, it's turn-based but movement is done as vectors, not a grid like XCOM. Characters generate AP that you can spend on movements, attacks, spells, abilities, equipping armour or other weapons or throwing barrels/items that you find in the world to block/blow up/set fire to. The writing's great as well, but the dialogue is a little overdone, it can sometimes make it a bit much to parse.

Playing this game for even hour is mentally exhausting, but it's super fun.

Does it have a conversation and relationship mechanic like Dragon Age?

20130528_Bray_Wyatt_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Bray Wyatt and his brothers are creepy hillbillies with kind of a cultist thing going on

He was vaguely mystical, but nothing overtly magical. Then today a literal fucking ghost pops up.

360pages

The only writing I do is casual RP stuff. I've never felt the urge to knuckle down and write a full blown story on my own.

No, do it! Seriously, I think most people should at least try it. Since it's probably easily the most cheap hobby you can have and all you need to know is a few rules of writing and prose.

Jman014

New topic. I started playing Divinity: Original Sin yesterday and damn, that's a good video game. It's the perfect fusion between combat, non-combat and explorations systems interacting all at once. The game is dense as fuck with characters and interactable items. Almost every item in a town belongs to an NPC and item possession and stealing is its own system, every NPC has their own inventory and you can barter with all of them. The quest system is like the best parts of WRPGs, I haven't encountered a "Kill X number of Y" quest yet, they've all been fairly involved. Combat's pretty tough as well, it's turn-based but movement is done as vectors, not a grid like XCOM. Characters generate AP that you can spend on movements, attacks, spells, abilities, equipping armour or other weapons or throwing barrels/items that you find in the world to block/blow up/set fire to. The writing's great as well, but the dialogue is a little overdone, it can sometimes make it a bit much to parse.

Playing this game for even hour is mentally exhausting, but it's super fun.
It's great, isn't it.
It has dialogue choices and stuff but no romance. I believe there was supposed to be optional romance between the main characters but that was taken out during development.

You only get a party of four total at a time and two are the two main characters Roderick and Scarlett. The other two are for people you can find and recruit from various places that have their own ideals and opinions.

Been replaying Bayo 2 on 3rd Climax. I was originally going to try it with
Jeanne
but the change in timing for witch time became way tighter than I was expecting and got my ass kicked super hard in the prologue, so I went back to using Bayonetta.

Favorite weapon load outs for me are Rakshasa/Salamandra and Chernabog/Alruna. I sometimes switch the arrangement, but those four are my primaries. Just decimating the early game enemies with those is so good.

I write erotic novels bro. Just do that. It's fun.

Yeah, I remember that from the last thread.

Favorite weapon load outs for me are Rakshasa/Salamandra and Chernabog/Alruna. I sometimes switch the arrangement, but those four are my primaries. Just decimating the early game enemies with those is so good.

Salamandra/Alruna is a perfect combination, I'm trying to decide which I like on the hands and feet better. I'll make use of the bow/Alruna for my secondary loadout for those times where the whip just doesn't reach.

Mr.Towel

Why does the wwe think main events at ppvs are the perfect time to start new feuds. Good thing I just stick to watching NXT now, I'm a lot happier that way.

Oh! Something i wanted to ask the thread:

Did watching the beat em up video make you want a RE beat em up?

Because those zambambos and those dags in the beginning of the video made me think how rad a Resident Evil beat em up would be.

I'll just go ahead and say, you won't.
But there is a thing that is slightly Aliens like. You'll notice it.

Looking forward to it!

oh man, Undertaker and Kane are going to have to go to Hell to free Benoit's soul from the clutches of the Hillbilly Brigade and the last thing we see when they succeed will be this
sX9ceEJ.gif

So I'm back and not dead. Which is of great relief to myself. Good work on going through an entire thread in my absence.

Anyway, I've watched half of Nichijou and have come to one amazing, life-determining decision: we need to kickstart a series of shorts of Matt, Pat and Woolie as the Professor, Nano, and Mr. Sakamoto.

Also I beat Danganronpa 2.

ultimax

Yay. Finished Bayo 2

and Mrgoodwill, i agree
final boss is kind of disappointing for a platinum game. Armstrong is still best boss lol

Luka is still the best ever

So I'm back and not dead. Which is of great relief to myself. Good work on going through an entire thread in my absence.

Anyway, I've watched half of Nichijou and have come to one amazing, life-determining decision: we need to kickstart a series of shorts of Matt, Pat and Woolie as the Professor, Nano, and Mr. Sakamoto.

Also I beat Danganronpa 2.

I noticed that you hadn't posted in a while. Welcome back.

What did you think of DR2 and more importantly Nagito?

demidar

Sort of but not really. You don't have a relationship gauge, they just sort of exist and comment on your actions regardless of what you do. But that can totally change, I'm not too far into the game. They've got their own quests too so that might do something.

The weirdest thing though is that you start the game with 2 characters that you create, but they argue with each other. This game was apparently made for multiplayer so this mechanic would make sense, but since I'm playing single player I'm essentially arguing with myself. One of my character's is like "We should be considerate and let them go", but I can also make the other one go like "Nah dude, he got himself into this situation so he should take the consequences", and if neither budge (the argument is presented in text form, so you're trying to convince the person playing the game, not the player character themselves) you play rock-paper-scissors, with social skills giving you a bonus to points gained on a win (10 points to win the argument).

When talking to an NPC though, you generally talk as a group until the aforementioned situation arises between the two main player characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom