• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Soft is very bad in the technical aspects of game design. Ninja Blade was a horrific mess of a game, Demon's Souls frequently dropped into the teens, and even single digits, Dark Souls 1 has Blighttown, and Dark Souls 2 feels broken, no matter what you do, on consoles. There was a time where the Armored Core games ran smoothly, but that time has past.

The only from game I played was dark souls so I have no idea what they have made besides demon and dark 1,2. So I have no idea about the history behind the bad frame rates of from games

croten

The only from game I played was dark souls so I have no idea what they have made besides demon and dark 1,2. So I have no idea about the history behind the bad frame rates of from games

Thing is 30 FPS isn't actually bad. It's just not as good as 60. 30FPS is totally tolerable.

360pages

As long as it consistent, I would take a game that caps at 30 and runs smoothly than a game that caps at 60 and is all over the place.

The main difference, and I'll post it their too, is that gamespeed was tied to framerate back then, and those games are 2D.

When Pat says "Break it like an SNES game" it's that slowdown, and the same thing as framerate dips.

I don't remember slowdown ever happening in the SNES era.

It happened a lot during the NES era for me though.

Rizzi

I wasn't expecting Bloodborne to hit 60. This is From we're talking about.
But don't piss on my head and call it rain.

I don't remember slowdown ever happening in the SNES era.

It happened a lot during the NES era for me though.
NES games have it in spades, and SNES games have it much less. When there's just too many things on screen the game slows down.

2D games are a lot different than 3D ones in terms of framerate expectations though. It's worth talking about expectations back during the PS1/N64 era, which also had slowdown issues.
I have an old, reserve 16:10 screen that can't go higher than 900p. Should be fine for bayo and W101 right? It certainly doesn't have the highest image quality, but it's not terrible.

Nothing.
Playing a game is better than not.

NES games have it in spades, and SNES games have it much less. When there's just too many things on screen the game slows down.

2D games are a lot different than 3D ones in terms of framerate expectations though. It's worth talking about expectations back during the PS1/N64 era, which also had slowdown issues.

Playing a game is better than not.

I wish I was a fly on the wall for those conversations.

No, because fuck people who lie. It's bullshit PR speak that is such a blatant goddamn lie.

Did Japan Studio Lie about this? btw it wasn't From Soft it was a Japan Studio Rep. I really don't care about framerate. I feel every companies PR are sounding more and more like ubisoft which should be a crime on its own.

croten

Not much. Friends somewhat though,
even you nerds in this thread have cheered me up once or twice

When I'm sad I get that gross depression feeling where I can't derive joy from most things I normally would. Is not very fun.

One time when I was new to Gaf and this thread I got upset by my dad and asked you guys to cheer me up. So you guys also cheer me up too. Thanks.

Squishy3

Did Japan Studio Lie about this? btw it wasn't From Soft it was a Japan Studio Rep. I really don't care about framerate. it's a tiring subject.
People still shouldn't say idiotic things like "30 FPS is the best for action games." Get out of here with that goddamn bullshit.

Squishy3

absolutely but you shouldn't write off the game because of what one idiot said.
No, but I can write off a system that I'd be buying one game for in the foreseeable future. Nothing else for PS4 excites me, while I want a Xbox One for D4, Killer Instinct, keeping an eye on Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, and obviously Scalebound Crackdown and Phantom Dust in the future. :p

If I already owned a PS4, I'd still buy Bloodborne. But I don't own a PS4.

Jman014

What picks you up when you feel sad?

Lately Civilization Beyond Earth has been doing that for me.

Non-video game wise, Korra.

After Korra, well..

giphy.gif

IDK

absolutely but you shouldn't write off the game because of what one idiot said.

Exactly. BloodBorne is still going to be fine. Nothing will change.
No, but I can write off a system that I'd be buying one game for in the foreseeable future. Nothing else for PS4 excites me, while I want a Xbox One for D4, Killer Instinct, keeping an eye on Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, and obviously Scalebound Crackdown and Phantom Dust in the future. :p

Wait for December. Maybe it will change your mind then. After All Playstation's 20th anniversary is just around the corner...

I'm glad it wasn't by a guy from From, it's just Sony. FROM are my developer waifu.

dontstartthatagain.jpeg

Not much. Friends somewhat though,
even you nerds in this thread have cheered me up once or twice

When I'm sad I get that gross depression feeling where I can't derive joy from most things I normally would. Is not very fun.

This is actually really accurate to how I feel.

Can my frienders cheer me up?

Squishy3

Exactly. BloodBorne is still going to be fine. Nothing will change.

Wait for December. Maybe it will change your mind then.
I assume you mean Guilty Gear XRD. Yeah, I'll buy a $400 system for a game available on a platform I already own that the only difference will be resolution and some more graphical effects, in addition to having to buy a converter or pay Gummowned to mod my current arcade stick to work with PS4 ($140) or buy a $200 arcade stick.

I doubt anything Sony will announce at whatever the hell event it is will excite me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom