• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

I didn't watch GT, thank god.
But fuck GT. For what I saw of it, I fucking hate it. What they did with the characters being the worst shit ever.

Woof, that's fucking lame to say the least. Being lumped together with others for their failures is lame.
Yeah pretty much. I mean I shouldn't be bitching because it's the only other class I have to go to in person and the only class that day, but holy shit it's long and boring.

Also on the GT talk, I used to watch it back when it was on adult swim or something and liked it because YEAH ACTION AND POWERS. Then later on I learned how people thought it was bad and I was like "Oh man I had/have bad taste"

Motherfuckers, y'all need to get in on this Gugure Kokkuri-san hype! Episode 4 is the weirdest thing I've seen in a very long time, Yamamoto-kun is going to stick with me for awhile.

i haven't watched battle of gods yet... is it good..?

Eh, it's a comedy not an action. The fight is super underwhelming but it is actually pretty charming.

Motherfuckers, y'all need to get in on this Gugure Kokkuri-san hype! Episode 4 is the weirdest thing I've seen in a very long time, Yamamoto-kun is going to stick with me for awhile.
It's on my list. I'll get to it in a few years
Maybe I'm a bit too anal with image quality. That being said, Bayo 2 is 720p and almost all monitors upscale lower resolutions abysmally anyway, so it's not like I was playing it optimally. Maybe it won't really matter.
You can notice the difference? I'm one of those people that can't notice change above 720

Maybe I'm a bit too anal with image quality. That being said, Bayo 2 is 720p and almost all monitors upscale lower resolutions abysmally anyway, so it's not like I was playing it optimally. Maybe it won't really matter.

It really doesn't. Both Bayonettas have abysmal IQ.

In fact, they look better on the gamepad, because the lower resolution hides a lot of the jaggies.

byni5tW.gif

The only good part of that movie.

The movies were the best any adaptation of TTGL could possibly have been. And The Lights In The Sky Are Stars fixes
the problem of having people die in the series who never kissed Yoko or became evil. Those deaths always seemed kind of contrary to the spirit of the show to me anyway.

The whole movie was amazing but Lagann-hen was better.

See, this guy knows what's up.

BTW, those who have never seen Parallel Works need to watch Parallel Works.

croten

I didn't like the first movie at all. The second one was fantastic, improving upon the second half of the series in a lot of ways. The first one just felt more condensed and it didn't even end on the
LordGenome fight.

I didn't like the first movie at all. The second one was fantastic, improving upon the second half of the series in a lot of ways. The first one just felt more condensed and it didn't even end on the
LordGenome fight.
Ok, fuck the End of Eva/anime ending argument: Lagann-hen or the anime ending? (The anime is perfect, and while the movie is a nice alternate telling, it doesn't replace it in any way for me).

LordGenome fight.

The problem with the first one is that there were too many standalone episodes to naturally fit into a condensed thing. Full episodes for introducing a few characters that are important, but their intro episodes weren't, so forcing all of it into a movie was way hard than Lagann-hen, which was much more of a continuous story through to the end.

Still a fun ride for quick and easy-rewatches of the series, since it gets straight to the crazy hype.

Ok, fuck the End of Eva/anime ending argument: Lagann-hen or the anime ending? (The anime is perfect, and while the movie is a nice alternate telling, it doesn't replace it in any way for me).
Lagann-hen.
the series didnt end with a giga drill breaker. Or a sick fist fight.

I love both, but I prefer Lagann-hen. It's just bigger and crazier,
then ends on a fucking fist fight with Simon's own Giga Drill. Fucking perfection.

croten

I prefer Lagann-hen just because it ends with a fist fight.
It goes from TTGL to a bunch of smaller mechs to super TTGL, creates a big bang and then ends in a fist fight.

The problem with the first one is that there were too many standalone episodes to naturally fit into a condensed thing. Full episodes for introducing a few characters that are important, but their intro episodes weren't, so forcing all of it into a movie was way hard than Lagann-hen, which was much more of a continuous story through to the end.

Still a fun ride for quick and easy-rewatches of the series, since it gets straight to the crazy hype.

Yuuuup. Yup yup yup. The glossing-over of Rossiu's introductory episode remains the biggest crime of that movie. It makes Rossiu's character so much harder to understand for newcomers to the series.

I love both, but I prefer Lagann-hen. It's just bigger and crazier,
then ends on a fucking fist fight with Simon's own Giga Drill. Fucking perfection.

Yes, AND
Kamina comes back to be awesome at the anti-spiral for just a minute.

Lagann-hen.
the series didnt end with a giga drill breaker. Or a sick fist fight.

The fuck are you talking about

also the tiny touch of Nia having a journal filled with letters to Kamina hit me right in the feels ;-;

Oh.
yQvjBKk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom