• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimax

I would love it but this is Sega we are talking about. If it at least gets a PC port it would be much easier to acquire and a fan translation would be a lot easier to make/get
A fan made english patch exists and apparently it's pretty good, but I no longer own a PSP to try it out

Also, I finally reached the end of last week's podcast today and man Liam really doubted sakurai not to deliver on smash bros. I dont know what he expected out of the 3DS version when everyone and their mom knew that version was running on fumes just to get it to run.

Yeah. I'm happy with the 3DS Version. It's not perfect. But with the limitations for the 3DS. Sakurai did the best he could. The Wii U will be the True Version of Smash 4.

Anyone here NBA GAF?

The Knicks home opener is Wednesday!

I get my basketball and my hockey all winter long YES!

I'm a Celtics Fan... but eh.....

WE beat your Rangers a few days ago :D. Go Canadiens Whoo!

I'm a Celtics Fan... but eh.....

WE beat your Rangers a few days ago :D. Go Canadiens Whoo!

Bulls gonna win the East
and get BTFO by the Spurs.

Return 2.0.

post-43974-tim-duncan-spurs-white-walkers-lwaF.gif

When it comes to framerates, people just need to shut up. We're not stupid, so lying to us won't do any good. Just say we prioritized graphics over framerate, and leave it at that.

I won't let this awful news kill my hype for Bloodborne.

croten

Look devs, I don't care if your console game is locked to 30. Really I don't. Just come out and say that "Hey, unfortunately we can't get the game to run at 60." But don't fucking bullshit us by saying it's the best way to play a game, let alone the best way to play an action game. That is factually wrong From.

When it comes to framerates, people just need to shut up. We're not stupid, so lying to us won't do any good. Just say we prioritized graphics over framerate, and leave it at that.

I won't let this awful news kill my hype for Bloodborne.
Look dev, I don't if your console game is locked to 30. Really I don't. Just come out and say that "Hey, unfortunately we can get the game to run at 60." But don't fucking bullshit us by saying it's the best way to play a game, let alone the best way to play an action game. That factually wrong From.

That's all I want as well.

My biggest issue is that they said they're targeting 30 fps. 30 fps should not be a target. It should be the bare minimum.

Look dev, I don't if your console game is locked to 30. Really I don't. Just come out and say that "Hey, unfortunately we can get the game to run at 60." But don't fucking bullshit us by saying it's the best way to play a game, let alone the best way to play an action game. That factually wrong From.

Also, this.

I never expected the game to run above 30 anyway (hell, I barely expect it to stay 30) but lying to us? That's Ubisoft level bullshit there.

My biggest issue is that they said they're targeting 30 fps. 30 fps should not be a target. It should be the bare minimum.
And this. Targeting 30fps should not be a goal.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The only publisher in recent memory to handle the 30fps thing is nintendo, I believe it was a interview for ALBW and was asked if zelda U was going to be 60fps, they said no that the consumer has expectations that console zelda look really good and push the system so it would be 30fps, and it ended at that, no controversry.

The only publisher in recent memory to handle the 30fps thing is nintendo, I believe it was a interview for ALBW and was asked if zelda U was going to be 60fps, they said no that the consumer has expectations that console zelda look really good and push the system so it would be 30fps, and it ended at that, no controversry.

That's something everyone should pick up. No, "We believe 30fps is the best for our game" or "30 is more cinematic." Just say, "We prioritized graphics over framerate."

Some will be disappointed, but at least you didn't lie to them.

croten

This is the best and only way to handle it. The people that get butthurt over that are dip shits

That's something everyone should pick up. No, "We believe 30fps is the best for our game" or "30 is more cinematic." Just say, "We prioritized graphics over framerate."

Some will be disappointed, but at least you didn't lie to them.

Maybe he's not lying. Maybe game developers were all poisoned with mercury in their water to make them go nuts. But who would have the motive to do such a thing? Wait... Water... Fish live in water... IT WAS PHIL! He's plotting to destroy videogames!

followthemoney

Drak souls ran at 60 sometimes for me! Honestly its new hardware we should have 60 by now.

From Soft is very bad in the technical aspects of game design. Ninja Blade was a horrific mess of a game, Demon's Souls frequently dropped into the teens, and even single digits, Dark Souls 1 has Blighttown, and Dark Souls 2 feels broken, no matter what you do, on consoles. There was a time where the Armored Core games ran smoothly, but that time has past.

Archgan

I just watched the latest Guacamelee episode and I disagree with Liam that the Tule Tree was the hardest platforming. I think the tiny disappearing platforms were harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom