• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Wow Naruto ending really is a big deal, I don't remember the last time a Manga/Anime ending had this big fanfare. Which make sense since it's probably the second most popular shonen in the world right next to One Piece.

Squishy3

Wow Naruto ending really is a big deal, I don't remember the last time a Manga/Anime ending had this big fanfare. Which make sense since it's probably the second most popular shonen in the world right next to One Piece.
I'm pretty sure there will be riots in the street once One Piece ends.

I assume you mean Guilty Gear XRD. Yeah, I'll buy a $400 system for a game available on a platform I already own that the only difference will be resolution and some more graphical effects, in addition to having to buy a converter or pay Gummowned to mod my current arcade stick to work with PS4 ($140) or buy a $200 arcade stick.

I doubt anything Sony will announce at whatever the hell event it is will excite me either.

No..? Talking about another game.. But alright.

croten

Just wait until Berserk ends

There are Releasing the final chapters next.. week? It's gonna be something. I still feel it's gonna be disappointing.

Squishy3

No..? Talking about another game.. But alright.
Oh, some mysterious exclusive. Probably won't sway me, because that'd just be 2 games I'd want for PS4, while there are 3 games I'd definitely buy for the Xbox One, and one of them is 4 games in one. :p Plus Killer Instinct is a fighting game so endless replayability.

Squishy3

Wait, what game comes out in December on the PS4 that isn't Xrd?
Nothing, Sony is teasing some exclusive apparently. Guess would be TLG, or a Platinum game. Maybe God of War 4, who the fuck knows. Can't be BG&E2 as an exclusive because that would be Ancel doing double duty as director on two games.

croten

There are Releasing the final chapters next.. week? It's gonna be something. I still feel it's gonna be disappointing.

Something that has lasted as long as this can't possibly end well. That is the problem with long running series. It's nearly impossible to end it well

Third tier?

Pretty sure it's just Xrd.
Yeah what do you guys mean by third tier?

Also im telling my friend who just got into persona about ultimax being a fighting game since were doing it for our lp channel as a "we git gud" segment and doing a live stream of us playing online and now im waiting for his reaction.

360pages

Something that has lasted as long as this can't possibly end well. That is the problem with long running series. It's nearly impossible to end it well

Apparently the last chapter is going to be super long and full color, plus a movie. So if a 45 Page chapter and a movie isn't enough I think the problem lies more with those then the actual series.

Also im telling my friend who just got into persona about ultimax being a fighting game since were doing it for our lp channel as a "we git gud" segment and doing a live stream of us playing online and now im waiting for his reaction.

talk to your pty members after 1/10 in Golden if their slinks are maxed and their Personas evolve once again

croten

Apparently the last chapter is going to be super long and full color, plus a movie. So if a 45 Page chapter and a movie isn't enough I think the problem lies more with those then the actual series.

I'm talking about how the series will resolve itself. It's cant end in a way that will satisfy most people.

Squishy3

I think he means the Persona upgrades party members/MC get. IE persona upgrade at s.link rank 5 then another at 10, or like how orpheus turns into thanatos at the beginning of p3 and then you can fuse thanatos later in the game, or p4 ending spoilers:
Izanagi turns into Izanagi-no-Okami

i actually didn't know about the third tier in golden

360pages

I'm talking about how the series will resolve itself. It's cant end in a way that will satisfy most people.

It really mostly depends on how they handle it. I think if we she at least every major character and what they are doing with the last chapter and the movie, I would think it did its job. There are a few loose ends that need to be tied up though.

The class is like 3 hours, first like 20 are coming in, doing a quiz, then getting it back, then we do a lecture and take notes until it's done and leave early. So many people fucked up on the midterm though, teacher's like "no you guys are staying the whole time from now on" so we'll be having to get in groups afterward and present points that were in the lectures. I'm so salt I can't just go home

Lets.... not count GT. lets just forget GT even existed. I remember watching the GT anime... I hated it.
No way man! Moostasch Vegeta!
604337_1293258508828_full.jpg

The class is like 3 hours, first like 20 are coming in, doing a quiz, then getting it back, then we do a lecture and take notes until it's done and leave early. So many people fucked up on the midterm though, teacher's like "no you guys are staying the whole time from now on" so we'll be having to get in groups afterward and present points that were in the lectures. I'm so salt I can't just go home
Woof, that's fucking lame to say the least. Being lumped together with others for their failures is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom