• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frienders how do you move forward when you have a really shitty day and it's mostly your own fault

Doom_cover_art.jpg

only the best game

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Yo tell it
Beard Story:

Back in my high school days I had this English class that was right before lunch, and it blew. The teacher was boring, everyone was hungry, her room was always hot, so most of the time I just dozed off and then got notes from someone else.

But one day, while I was in the middle of dozing off, I hear this quiet crunch. I disregard it, because it was so quiet and so far away, I didn't even care what was happening. Then the crunch gets louder and I realize that it's coming from the person directly across from me. I open my eyes, about to give whoever was making that annoying crunch sound a signal to shut up, I'm trying to sleep. I look over, and it's this guy Ben.

Ben was a big, tall dude with a full beard. Hobos wish they had this guys beard. His beard was legendary. So I look at Ben, and whisper to him, stop whatever you are doing to make that sound, I say. He just looks at me, nods, and apologizes. So okay, that's over, now I can sleep.

Some time passes, and I hear the crunch again, I'm a little peeved now because its super obnoxiously loud, to the point where kids in different rows are looking back at him. I open my eyes and turn my head to Ben, the creator of this noise, when I see just what he was doing.

Ben had hidden Fruit Loops in his beard. And he was taking them out one by one and eating them as quietly as he could. I don't know what drove a man to put cereal into his beard one piece at a time and eat it, but it happened. He saw me looking at him in disbelief, and he just looked at me from the side of his head, and picked out a Fruit Loop and asked me if I wanted one. I declined his Beard Loops, because that's fucking nasty.

I would later find out that he had been doing this all year, and the next day he brought in potato chips because he didn't give a fuck.

Frienders how do you move forward when you have a really shitty day and it's mostly your own fault

Knowing I have my work cut out for me in making tomorrow shittier than today helps.

Don't go thinking you're not worth treating yourself to something nice (like a tasty cheesecake) just because you're feeling down, Friender.

Knowing I have my work cut out for me in making tomorrow shittier than today helps.

Don't go thinking you're not worth treating yourself to something nice (like a tasty cheesecake) just because you're feeling down, Friender.

Food does not ease the pain, run forward and confront it, accept it for it is a part of you.
Don't bottle up the pain like Big Boss did.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

You look at that day and you look at what you did wrong. Face it, confront it, reconcile anything that went wrong. Look at yourself, and ask what put me where I am? Why am I in this place?

After you do this, try your hardest to fix what's broken and try not to break it.

So I did something super dumb today.

I became so filled with hype while at Target after longingly staring at a Wii U(I have thirst issues) bundle after helping my mom that I bought both Wonderful 101 and ZombiU for about $40 bucks. It's going to be a good long while before I'll ever have the console and now that I've unwrapped them and touched the spoils within those hard, plastic folds I regret not being able to savor their digital innards compressed inside the disc.

BUT DAMNIT THEY WERE ON SALE IF YOU PRICE MATCH WITH WALMART AND AMAZON, I CAVED OKAY WHAT DO YOU WANT!

I'm just so fucking thirsty for games and consoles and money.
I just realized my bong is in this picture, as well as some weed crumbles, and my mason jars of weed. shit.

I'm reposting this here because apparently I somehow posted in the old dead thread.
Hey, at least you got Wonderful 101, which is what's most important (besides Bayo 2 right now).

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Updated SA?

You know, to make it suck less.

I have 0 interest in GTA, I barely played GTA4 and that was alright, but IDGAF about any of them. A vast open world where you can do anything doesn't seem fun to me, you know? An excess of things to do doesn't immediately equal fun. It means that you were over ambitious.

's why RD: Redemption kicked ass. Vast open world, but barely inhabited for the most part. The towns were few and far between, and they were great.

Something about widescreen support and achievements

That's... underwhelming.

You know, to make it suck less.

I have 0 interest in GTA, I barely played GTA4 and that was alright, but IDGAF about any of them. A vast open world where you can do anything doesn't seem fun to me, you know? An excess of things to do doesn't immediately equal fun. It means that you were over ambitious.

's why RD: Redemption kicked ass. Vast open world, but barely inhabited for the most part. The towns were few and far between, and they were great.

That sounds fucking awful. I hate that shit. That's why I can never play Fallout or TES. It bores the crap out of me.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
That sounds fucking awful. I hate that shit. That's why I can never play Fallout or TES. It bores the crap out of me.

This is a clear example of the two ends of the spectrum when it comes to open world games. People like me, and people like you.

I fucking love Fallout and TES, and really don't care about GTA.

Neat. I have no interest in SA, because I hate the story and the protag and the open world, but it is a great game, that needed to be updated badly.

Now, just make sure GTAV PC port isn't broke mode Rockstar.

The max payne 3 port was amazing
except for the fact that it was always online

When I have a bad day I watch anime. Or I tell whoever's fault it was that they should go fuck themselves and never do whatever ruined my day again, especially if I'm the one that caused it.

This is a clear example of the two ends of the spectrum when it comes to open world games. People like me, and people like you.

I fucking love Fallout and TES, and really don't care about GTA.

Opposite for me. I hate what has been done to Fallout, and TES is a modding test, not a game. I absolutely love the GTA series.

I love the open world. I love the attention to detail. I love the art design, the effort into making the world fun to traverse, and large, without feeling dull.

RDR is in the top 5 for my GotG, tho.

The max payne 3 port was amazing
except for the fact that it was always online
It truly was. It even has good KB/M controls.

I was shocked.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Opposite for me. I hate what has been done to Fallout, and TES is a modding test, not a game. I absolutely love the GTA series.

I love the open world. I love the attention to detail. I love the art design, the effort into making the world fun to traverse, and large, without feeling dull.

RDR is in the top 5 for my GotG, tho.

What do you mean by 'modding test'?

What do you mean by 'modding test'?

I run mods through Skyrim. I actually don't play the game. I like to see what I can make the game look like.

It's sorta of a benchmark.

I actually bought the game to play, but it was one of the least inspired open worlds I have ever seen. Not only that, but the gameplay was so dry that I needed to get away from playing for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom