• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
You guys seen the game Dying Light yet?

http://dyinglightgame.com/game-info

For what it is, I haven't heard much about it really.

Essentially it combines the parcore combat of mirrors edge with a hybrid between the linear progression style gameplay of Left 4 Dead, including the ability to play zombies, and then a semi-open world environment similar to games like DayZ.

Plus, it adds the in depth dumb (whether intentional or not) customization abilities found in Dead Rising. What I mean by dumb is you can attach a lighter to a crowbar and it do fire damage. But also you can attach barbed wire that you then electrify to the same crowbar to do electric damage on top of the fire damage you are doing from duct taping a lighter to the crowbar.

And finally it adds the multi-stage progression of your character like in Evolve. I think (not 100% sure) that you get skill trees, but only for when you play as an infected. Humans get to customize their weapons and other gear as I previous said, so I don't think they get these skills trees as well.

Overall, from what I have seen of it, it looks pretty good. I don't know why it hasn't gotten much coverage from what I have seen for what it is, especially since it is due to release January 27th.

The Dev Company isn't too bad either. They dropped production of Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game because they knew they would have to take out a large amount of their game to allow each console to be able to play it. Kinda shows how they aren't entirely in it for the money.

Take a look for yourself and see what you think.

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCK.

THAT LAST NARUTO CHAPTER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK

WOW.

HOLY SHIT

shook_zpsccb825c4.gif

Mathaou

legacy of cane
You guys seen the game Dying Light yet?

http://dyinglightgame.com/game-info

For what it is, I haven't heard much about it really.

Essentially it combines the parcore combat of mirrors edge with a hybrid between the linear progression style gameplay of Left 4 Dead, including the ability to play zombies, and then a semi-open world environment similar to games like DayZ.

Plus, it adds the in depth dumb (whether intentional or not) customization abilities found in Dead Rising. What I mean by dumb is you can attach a lighter to a crowbar and it do fire damage. But also you can attach barbed wire that you then electrify to the same crowbar to do electric damage.

And finally it adds the multi-stage progression of your character like in Evolve. I think (not 100% sure) that you get skill trees, but only for when you play as an infected. Humans get to customize their weapons and other gear as I previous said, so I don't think they get these skills trees as well.

Overall, from what I have seen of it, it looks pretty good. I don't know why it hasn't gotten much coverage from what I have seen for what it is, especially since it is due to release January 27th.

The Dev Company isn't too bad either. They dropped production of Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game because they knew they would have to take out a large amount of their game to allow each console to be able to play it. Kinda shows how they aren't entirely in it for the money.

Take a look for yourself and see what you think.

They seem like they are trying to have a little something of everything and this will end up as a huge mess. This is ridiculous. Trying to create a game that appeals to everyone's niches is a tricky thing. It's extremely hit or miss and this may off-put some people.

Why would you need a guide? Just use a wiki or something

If you could point me toward a comprehensive and helpful one, that would be very nice of you.

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCK.

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK

WOW.

HOLY SHIT

I'm never going to read it, so could you spoiler tag me what happened?

Duplolas

Banned
They seem like they are trying to have a little something of everything and this will end up as a huge mess. This is ridiculous. Trying to create a game that appeals to everyone's niches is a tricky thing. It's extremely hit or miss and this may off-put some people.

I genuinely am hoping that it turns out OK. In the end, adding the customization factor makes it a bit much TBH. Besides that, it doesn't seem too over done.

I watched one of their Dev Logs and essentially they said they wanted to add a more "free feeling" to their game to make it stand out.

Honestly I would love to see Occulus Rift support for this game. The fear factor along with the free roaming, free running aspects of the game would make things very interesting.

Edit:

Literally just watched a guy jump off a roof into a dumpster filled with garbage. This literally now looks to me like Assassin's Creed Zombies with Guns.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I genuinely am hoping that it turns out OK. In the end, adding the customization factor makes it a bit much TBH. Besides that, it doesn't seem too over done.
I watched one of their Dev Logs and essentially they said they wanted to add a more "free feeling" to their game to make it stand out.
Honestly I would love to see Occulus Rift support for this game. The fear factor along with the free roaming, free running aspects of the game would make things very interesting.

Edit:

Literally just watched a guy jump off a roof into a dumpster filled with garbage. This literally now looks to me like Assassin's Creed Zombies with Guns.

I would love to see a game on the Occulus Rift that captures the feel of being chased through the woods in night by an unknown entity.

Yup. They are trying to have something for everyone, and its going to bite them in the ass.

croten

Edit:

First thing I saw of it was Pewdiepie playing it at some game press thing. Kinda ruined my interest in it

Duplolas

Banned
I would love to see a game on the Occulus Rift that captures the feel of being chased through the woods in night by an unknown entity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BO...outube.com/watch?v=3BOa0yAycjk&has_verified=1

Watch this video and see what you think. Some aspects of the game need polishing, and you will know which ones when you see them, but besides that I think it looks pretty damn good.

Edit:

First thing I saw of it was Pewdiepie playing it at some game press thing. Kinda ruined my interest in it

Ew. Pewdiepie.

Okingjrr

HOLY FUCK.

HOLY FUCK.

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK

WOW.

HOLY SHIT

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/college_boy_photos/shook_zpsccb825c4.gif[/QUOTE]

Could you spoiler tag it please, I don't want to have to dive back into the Naruto woolie hole.

I'm never going to read it, so could you spoiler tag me what happened?

.....now I'm curious. But I refuse to look it up. Damn you creeperblocks

WOOF....WOOF.. I'm a little legit shook

Can.. I show you?

ALRIGHT PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED BY THE NEW CHAPTER OF NARUTO DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK I FUCKING WARNED YOU FOOLS ALRIGHT.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/373b8e1c7cfa57615da1d27c4ba4e100/tumblr_ne7dheW3I11sikpi1o1_r4_500.jpg

Duplolas

Banned
Pewdiepie is like anti-coverage. He makes people disinterested in a game.

Lets just fuck around in a game, not show off any of the good things about it, point out all of the flaws, and then not talk about any of the pros of the game. Because thats funny right?

Oh wait. Pewdiepie already does that. Fuck.

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Can.. I show you?

ALRIGHT PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED BY THE NEW CHAPTER OF NARUTO DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK I FUCKING WARNED YOU FOOLS ALRIGHT.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/373b8e1c7cfa57615da1d27c4ba4e100/tumblr_ne7dheW3I11sikpi1o1_r4_500.jpg

I can't get over Narutos mesh tank top. I feel like he just got home from his job as a bartender at a gay bar.

I'm curious. What part of the world do you guys live?
I'm live in Netherland.

I live in the USA.

Duplolas

Banned
OH FUCK. DYING LIGHT ALSO ADDS A GRAPPLE YOU CAN GET!

THE GAME ALSO HAS FUCKING JUST CAUSE 2 SHIT IN IT.

Every 30 seconds I watch of this game, they add something fucking insane in it that I really like from other games.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
OH FUCK. DYING LIGHT ALSO ADDS A GRAPPLE YOU CAN GET!

THE GAME ALSO HAS FUCKING JUST CAUSE 2 SHIT IN IT.

Every 30 seconds I watch of this game, they add something fucking insane in it that I really like from other games.

They just keep proving me right.

Duplolas

Banned
They just keep proving me right.

They have Occulus support already. Just came up in the video.

I really really want this game to be good now. In the past, throwing great things from other games into your game willy nilly ruins the game, but this shit looks like an honest exception.

Im confused. What's going on in that picture? There seems to be no context why it's significant at least to me.

Basically Naruto and Sasuke fought. Sasuke finally admits he's a fucking idiot and weeps and then cue the scene where both arms are just gone because of the fighting between them. like during the entire chapter they didn't show you their bottom halves

Is that an actual page from the manga?

Two More Chapters left, Both Next Week.

logo1-the-american-flag-and-the-american-bald-eagle.jpg

I am also confused.

Im confused. What's going on in that picture? There seems to be no context why it's significant at least to me.
naruto and sasuke ended their battle with another power clash and the resulting explosion blew up both of their arms
Did they really kill off Naruto? Surprised they had the balls.
nah hes fine he still had a time skip movie to star in. And a big busted beauty to bang. Illiteration!

Basically Naruto and Sasuke fought. Sasuke finally admits he's a fucking idiot and weeps and then cue the scene where both arms are just gone because of the fighting between them. like during the entire chapter they didn't show you their bottom halves

naruto and sasuke ended their battle with another power clash and the resulting explosion blew up both of their arms

nah hes fine he still had a time skip movie to star in. And a big busted beauty to bang. Illiteration!

Oh wow. God, if that was THE last page that would've been some real shit.
It sure is.
Also anyone saw the out-of-context jojo tumblr yet? It's basically weird jojo pages or panels from the manga out of context
Yes, and it's amazing.

croten

Then I don't care.
I mean even Tim Buckley had the balls to kill off his main character at the end of CAD

It's apparently the last page ever, but I think it looks like Naruto got attacked on his way home from his job as a bartender at a gay nightclub. Love the mesh tanktop.

Can you get off the
gay bar
thing? Like honestly, no it's not a fantastic design, but this is a terrible way to critique it.

ultimax

Can.. I show you?

Oh god I'm so tempted to click. But I really want to wait for Storm 4 on PS4 because the games are way better than the anime/manga.

Not that I really care THAT much about naruto to begin with, but still

joe2187

Banned

Are you sure Sasuke and Naruto arent gay? Naruto been chasing after sasuke for like what? 20 years? and they end it with a bloody heart in the sand?

Duplolas

Banned
Ok. So. Nevermind. The game is entirely open world. The map is huge. They didn't give exact dimensions of the map, but take a look at this shit:

The picture is bad quality on my end, using a lower end computer.

That entire map is playable.

Xiraiya

Oh god I'm so tempted to click. But I really want to wait for Storm 4 on PS4 because the games are way better than the anime/manga.
Not that I really care THAT much about naruto to begin with, but still

The last two chapters have been unironically pretty good, but waiting for Storm 4 would be a pretty good idea because that fight should be amazing with CC2's cinematic touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom