• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last two chapters have been unironically pretty good, but waiting for Storm 4 would be a pretty good idea because that fight should be amazing with CC2's cinematic touch.

I think it's been the best since part one the chapters now. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome.

It's like there's this massive slump for a good chunk of time with Shippuden, and then we get to this last encounter and it almost comes up to how good the start of the series was.

Xiraiya

I think it's been the best since part one the chapters now. I'm actually pretty happy with the outcome.

I really wasn't interested at first because the only thing I have liked about Naruto for awhile now were older characters coming back to life, as stupid as it was, I just found them more enjoyable than the actual main cast. Sasuke turning around after the Kagura stuff and being like "Fuck you I'm the bad guy now" was just dumb and infuriating, but the actual fight and this chapter have been about as good as I think they could have been, I don't really think Kishi could have done it any better than that, which is surprising because so often it feels like he's being lazy.

Then again he planned out how this fight would unfold forever ago, so that's probably why.

Xiraiya

Im actually planning on writing a giant review critique video about where naruto went wrong.

I think we know where it went wrong.
Obito

Honestly, I think the Pain/Rain Trio stuff needed to be stretched out and fleshed out more, because the Nagato fight that caused Konoha to get nuked really felt like an end of series fight, aside from the mass revival everything before that was pretty awesome.

Archgan

The vines can create spirit photos and I guess he can also use the vines with his ripple for combat. Just wait until part 5 where the main antagonists stand "just works"

I think that the stand suffers from a bad translation. It's actually not that hard to understand when it is explained well. I have pretty good explanation if anyone wants to hear it.

Basically Naruto and Sasuke fought. Sasuke finally admits he's a fucking idiot and weeps and then cue the scene where both arms are just gone because of the fighting between them. like during the entire chapter they didn't show you their bottom halves

naruto and sasuke ended their battle with another power clash and the resulting explosion blew up both of their arms

nah hes fine he still had a time skip movie to star in. And a big busted beauty to bang. Illiteration!
After fully reading the chapter, couldn't this fight happen at that valley place when Sasuke was leaving? I feel like the time skip thing is completely unnecessary in my opinion.

I think we know where it went wrong.
Obito

Honestly, I think the Pain/Rain Trio stuff needed to be stretched out and fleshed out more, because the Nagato fight that caused Konoha to get nuked really felt like an end of series fight, aside from the mass revival everything before that was pretty awesome.
Yeah but honestly theres more to it that started before that happened and I think the moment where naruto went down hill was when you realize, sasuke left the village of his own free will, no one forced him, naruto just assumes that the reason hes messed up is because the curse mark made him evil and if he forces him back to the village every thing would be fine and sasuke wouldnt be evil anymore! But no sasuke betrayed all of you guys for his own selfish purposes and no matter what you say sasuke didnt give a flying fuck about naruto! Honestly gintama does naruto vs sasuke much better between gintoki vs takasuki its litterally the same dynamic except gintoki and takasuki were much closer but Gin realizes "I have these other bonds I need to protect, this old friend is trying to hurt everything I care about. I have to kill him!" Its just so much better written than sasuke and narutos relationship, but is basically the same.

Archgan

After fully reading the chapter, couldn't this fight happen at that valley place when Sasuke was leaving? I feel like the time skip thing is completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Maybe this is the end that was originally planned, but after Naruto got big, he added a time skip to milk more out of it.

Xiraiya

It basically did happen then, but if you mean in the sense of Sasuke's whole revenge plot coming to an end there, then I agree and at that point Naruto and Sasuke's relationship could have become one that mirrored Gon & Killua from HxH because those two are kind of similar but way better.

I think the Timeskip was necessary, Shippuden had a lot of good moments, like the idea of the 4th Ninja war and the united armies was actually really awesome, it's just that the reason and trigger for that was stupid.

Foxes, ninjas and Sexy no justu. There you go, now you know everything
You're forgetting Reverse Harem no jutsu. Far superior.
I-am-so-freaking-enlightened.jpg

Xiraiya

Honestly gintama does naruto vs sasuke much better between gintoki vs takasuki its litterally the same dynamic except gintoki and takasuki were much closer but Gin realizes "I have these other bonds I need to protect, this old friend is trying to hurt everything I care about. I have to kill him!" Its just so much better written than sasuke and narutos relationship, but is basically the same.

You are right yes, and I never actually thought to compare the two but Gintama as outrageous as it can be, has a habit of portraying human emotions more realistically in general than a lot of series, in that universe, that is the most rational outcome a Protagonist could make, that their old friend who is now the antagonist, needs to be killed for the greater good as he is not going to just become a good person again or anything.

But Gintama is just great in general, and Gintoki is easily my favorite protagonist in almost anything.

Geez, I didn't expect.
Naruto's and Sasuke's arm to be blown off
They needed the shock value so people would care

Also look at these two!
Gintama-261-09.jpg

these two have the exact same dynamic as naruto and sasuke. The difference being that these two fought in a fucking war together and were raised together and are basically brothers. Now the bad one wants revolution and is super evil but gintoki is ok with killing him cause he wants to destroy everything and gintoki wants to protect his important things like fuuuuck! Its such a good dynamic but naruto fucks it up by naruto being super ok with sasuke killing any of his friends.

Xiraiya

these two have the exact same dynamic as naruto and sasuke. The difference being that these two fought in a fucking war together and were raised together and are basically brothers. Now the bad one wants revolution and is super evil but gintoki is ok with killing him cause he wants to destroy everything and gintoki wants to protect his important things like fuuuuck! Its such a good dynamic but naruto fucks it up by naruto being super ok with sasuke killing any of his friends.

Youtube

ultimax

The last two chapters have been unironically pretty good, but waiting for Storm 4 would be a pretty good idea because that fight should be amazing with CC2's cinematic touch.
I would hope the final chapters are good, considering this is the part the show has been building up to since like part 1.
I'm curious, especially since I don't know what a Naruto is.
A disgusting creature that sometimes leaves it's home in the woolie hole to hide in your attic

360pages

I'm just happy that Sasuke might not be a
total shit bag anymore, he was much more fun as a good guy than bad guy anyway.

Xiraiya

Last time I tried to push Gintama on pat he just kind of ignored me ;-; he watched monster instead...

There were a few instances of people telling him to watch it but he ignored them, I'm sure he noticed and probably made a mental note to perhaps check it out someday.

I'm just happy that Sasuke might not be a
total shit bag anymore, he was much more fun as a good guy than bad guy anyway.
Yeah but I feel like having him as a super evil dude before during the 5 kage summit and then doing this is kind of half assed. Like you either go all the way or dont.

I hope there's a three year time skip between this last chapter and the next one in which Sasuke dies of blood loss and Naruto marries Sakura. I think that would be the best possible ending. I also hope that the next chapter is text-only and comes out in January. If all of this happens I will be very happy.

360pages

Yeah but I feel like having him as a super evil dude before during the 5 kage summit and then doing this is kind of half assed. Like you either go all the way or dont.

To be fair, that entire arc was weird, he went from caring about Taka to not giving a shit and trying to kill Karin for some reason. Though at least they did give a small reason why he went back on it, and after he talked to the Hokages he was never really evil,. just wanted to change the current world. Even if the way was stupid as hell.

I hope there's a three year time skip between this last chapter and the next one in which Sasuke dies of blood loss and Naruto marries Sakura. I think that would be the best possible ending. I also hope that the next chapter is text-only and comes out in January. If all of this happens I will be very happy.

The Next Chapter is coming next week.

Sasuke is already confirmed to survive due to the time skip movie and hes in it, naruto and hinata are basically confirmed to be a couple, the next chapter is gonna be full color and coming out next week.

360pages

The fact that it might actually get a somewhat decent ending with a Movie is what's crazy. I wouldn't mind a mini cooldown arc to explain something. But two chapters and a Movie is good enough.

Xiraiya

M6CYCgN.jpg

they basically are.
I'm not going to get into this because the Naruto/Hinata fanbase is legitamately crazy, but until I actually see a scene from the movie straight up showing them being romantically involved, I'm not going to trust rumors and assumptions.

Partly because I JUST watched a whole scene of Minato pointing out the Similarities between Sakura and Kushina and Naruto trying to say that she is his girlfriend, so that would be a little weird from a writing standpoint to be pushing this Sakura/Kushina thing for as long as Kishi has and then turn around and be like "Never happened!"

How can this be? He has his um....you know.
It's bandaged completely in the concept art, so I think he got it back but it's mostly busted in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom