• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/527601124992638976

I would also like to add that I do not condone Gamergate, harassment, and hashtags.
Dear God
suicide-gifs-o.gif

Because people on the internet have been throwing tantrums left and right that women were going to ruin their precious hobby.

I just cannot care about any of it. At this point I give so few shits about the game industry as a thing that does anything but put out games that I just can't bring myself to even pay attention anymore. I just want to play the videogames I want to play when I have free time. That's it.

Her arguments also aren't completely unfounded, she's just not that great at large parts of validating those arguments.

I would agree with this, I think its good that the industry is making positive changes but I wish someone else were leading that change. Someone with more experience and an understanding in game design

It is, but a lot of the arguments sound a lot like censorship.

I really don't like talking about this issue. I don't have an opinion on the matter. I feel that creative freedom should reign. I would like better representation for women in gaming. That's all I will say.

Her arguments also aren't completely unfounded, she's just not that great at large parts of validating those arguments.
If she enjoyed the medium, which she already said that she didn't, and didn't argue in circles, yeah. I really wish her and Quinn weren't the leaders of this movement.

Squishy3

People should power through Samurai Flamenco. It's the most batshit insane thing ever. It's something you might feel a sense of disappointment after finishing it, but it's such a fucking crazy ride that I don't regret.

I really don't like talking about this issue. I don't have an opinion on the matter. I feel that creative freedom should reign. I would like better representation for women in gaming. That's all I will say.

I agree on all ends, let's move on.

So I've been watching a lot of Darksydephil over the last couple days and I'm going insane. It took him 7 hours to get through ClareB in RE2. And he kept repeating the same joke over and goddamn over for minutes upon minutes!

Village

You seem to be getting the concept of a developer considering something and changing a thing confused with censorship.

Has she even touched Senran? Like that's such an obvious thing she would pick apart

In the videos that I saw, she mainly attacks western games. I don't think she would talk about Senran since she critiques mainly on the male interaction with women in video games recently.

edit: She did show a clip of No more Heroes that was appalling when no context is appied, but I haven't played No More Heroes.

I agree on all ends, let's move on.

So I've been watching a lot of Darksydephil over the last couple days and I'm going insane. It took him 7 hours to get through ClareB in RE2. And he kept repeating the same joke over and goddamn over for minutes upon minutes!

Why Aaron?

In the videos that I saw, she mainly attacks western games. I don't think she would talk about Senran since she critiques mainly on the male interaction with women in video games recently.

Senran has a very specific audience. Changing it would not be what the fans want. It would be like removing the demons/shadows from SMT.

Has she even touched Senran? Like that's such an obvious thing she would pick apart

There's a significant lack of focus on Japanese games, especially lesserknown ones. Partially because I think she realizes that she can't really change another country's standard and because those won't get much attention. But whatever, let's move on.

Village

Also does anyone know how to get the xwrapper thing working, i can't afford a pad right now. Motionjoy seems like the only option.

Also does anyone know how to get the xwrapper thing working, i can't afford a pad right now. Motionjoy seems like the only option.
I never bothered with that stuff.

Dude, don't use MotionJoy. I would send you my spare wired 360 pad, before let you use Motionjoy.

I don't know! I just keep watching and I can't stop! As Slowbeef said, just when you think your opinion of him can't go any lower he finds some new way to be terrible!

I watched the entirety of the compilation. It was like a long podcast. A mind destroying, bad podcast.

Village

Nothing is better than that. Like literally if it was that or nothing, go for nothing

I also play games to also learn about games.

It seems like that is the only option. Its kind of annoying I was told, minutes, it would work in minutes.

Its been hours , motion joy the first time I did it. I find hard to believe people have this. Ive been in situations where people lie about having a thing working, or don't remember. Because this don't work.

Okingjrr

So I've been following you guys on the whole controller discussion and I want to ask, what's wrong with motioninjoy ?
From what you guys are saying, it's basically the second coming of Hitler.
Too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom