• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimax

Ayyy just noticed im finally a member! NOW PEOPLE WILL RESPECT ME AND I CAN BECOME THE HOKAGE OF GAF! YEAH! BELIEVE IT!
narulee.gif

Zenfalcia

I just finished up a report and I feel good. You should too, so you can get to free time guilt-firee.

I have other stuff to do after, so i wont have guilt-free free time.

So, how much should bestGAF get serious tonight? I can get personal and make it really depressing. Personally, that'll be horrible for everyone.

I have part of an assignment due right now. And instead of doing that I watched all of the third and fourth season of Misfits

I caught up on TBF videos and browsed online.

joe2187

Banned
Ayyy just noticed im finally a member! NOW PEOPLE WILL RESPECT ME AND I CAN BECOME THE HOKAGE OF GAF! YEAH! BELIEVE IT!

NO! YOU CANT BECOME HOKAGE YET, YOU HAVE TO BRING PG BACK!...SPEND THE NEXT TEN YEARS CHASING HIM BACK TO GAF

PROMISE ME!..

tumblr_moauw6h9Hs1rnvb0co1_500.gif
[/IMG]

demidar

I have other stuff to do after, so i wont have guilt-free free time.

So, how much should bestGAF get serious tonight? I can get personal and make it really depressing. Personally, that'll be horrible for everyone.

Only do it it if you feel comfortable, I'm sure we're all mature enough to take it.

I just have like 0 desire to continue it after almost everyone left and there was only one ASBO I liked left

Joseph Gilgun saves the series after everyone leaves. Seriously. Episodes 3 and 4 have some incredible scenes with him, 3 especially. 4 isn't about Rudy, but his role in it is good.

Zenfalcia

Only do it it if you feel comfortable, I'm sure we're all mature enough to take it.

Sure, i'll keep that in mind. I don't like burdening others with my own problems, i keep stuff bottled inside.

I'll sum it up short and easy. I do badly, have mentality of trying to improve, do nothing about it and then do badly, etc.. I really only have myself to blame and my procrastination and lack of dedication. There's other stuff i could talk about, but let's not go there... Not yet at least.

I'll bring PG back! Just leave it to me! Believe it!

PG is trying to become hokage! Dont get him back before he finishes his training!

Sure, i'll keep that in mind. I don't like burdening others with my own problems, i keep stuff bottled inside.

I'll sum it up short and easy. I do badly, have mentality of trying to improve, do nothing about it and then do badly, etc.. I really only have myself to blame and my procrastination and lack of dedication. There's other stuff i could talk about, but let's not go there... Not yet at least.

...are you me?

demidar

Most people go through the same thing. My problem is that I have trouble starting things (keeping them going is easy), which puts the kibosh on self-improvement. I have been slowly ramping up exercising. I'm still scrub-tier but I've gotten over the hard part of starting and it's a hell of a lot better than just sitting at my desk being lethargic.

I've always wanted to be able to draw as well, which I hope I'll start after exams are done.

Zenfalcia

I am going through an existential crisis and I honestly do know how to ask for help. Plus I am constantly afraid of getting rejected and rebuked if I were to try to talk to my friends and family about it.

I know how you feel. I go through ups and downs of being happy in life and questioning what I am wasting my life. I have the mentality of the problem being my own problem and I don't want to bother anyone. You could say this is a cry for help.

Most people go through the same thing. My problem is that I have trouble starting things (keeping them going is easy), which puts the kibosh on self-improvement. I have been slowly ramping up exercising. I'm still scrub-tier but I've gotten over the hard part of starting and it's a hell of a lot better than just sitting at my desk being lethargic.

I've always wanted to be able to draw as well, which I hope I'll start after exams are done.

Yep. You atleast continue to follow through things right? I can't even do that at times. Hey, at least you started.

I wanted to draw well too.. i promised myself i would draw once a week on the first day of 2014.. i've drawn 5 times.. since then..

I know how you feel. I go through ups and downs of being happy in life and questioning what I am wasting my life. I have the mentality of the problem being my own problem and I don't want to bother anyone. You could say this is a cry for help.

Have been in a constant down since the beginning of October. I have been working really hard in school and I just suck. I bust my ass and I can't get the grades I want. It does not help that my friends are all happy and are succeeding in every facet of their lives. I wish I could say something to my family about how I don't want to do this anymore and that doing school for two more years and having two more years of this shit might actually kill me

demidar

Have been in a constant down since the beginning of October. I have been working really hard in school and I just suck. I bust my ass and I can't get the grades I want. It does not help that my friends are all happy and are succeeding in every facet of their lives. I wish I could say something to my family about how I don't want to do this anymore and that doing school for two more years and having two more years of this shit might actually kill me

Here's some advice, stop comparing yourself to other people. Everyone's lives are wildly different given the infinite number of variable present. Once I did that I was happier and I just focus on what I want to do rather than what others tell me to do.

Man I am not good with this stuff and I'm making myself cringe :/.

Zenfalcia

It's not fun if you've been working hard. What are you studying? It also depends on how high your standards are for grades. Do you think your family will be understanding? It might help to talk to them. There's also the other option of taking less courses but spreading the number of years for the program. I know how you feel. How the struggle now could be worst in the future but thrn there's also the prospects of it paying off in the end with a decent job etc. It might help if you have something tangible to keep you motivated or something that helps you continue into those year. The other option is deciding, education is not for you right now, maybe you need a break or dont need it at all. There are students who take a year off and work and then come back to learn from their mistakes and improve dramamtically.

Sorry for everyone else who wanted happy fun times in bestGAF.

Edit: ughh.. grammar and spelling all over the place..

I will bring him back to the Thread Hidden in the Community Section
even if it costs me my rasengan arm
If naruto makes a shadow clone...does it have a stub too?

Also too real gaf is too real for me. I dont know how to talk abour my problems. I constantly think im a freak of nature just because of some of the weird fetishes I have. I think that I dont deserve to live and that no one truly cares about me. Im afraid to make relationships because im afraid of getting hurt. Stories have ruined love for me because I want someone who loves me like hinata loves naruto and I can love them back with that much love but I know thats impossible much like my dream to be a manga writer and my life is currently going down the shitter.

It's not fun if you've been working hard. What are you studying? It also depends on how high your standards are for grades. Do you think your family will be understanding? It might help to talk to them. There's also the other option of taking less courses but spreading the number of years for the program. I know how you feel. How the struggle now could be worst in the future but thrn there's also the prospects of it paying off in the end with a decent job etc. It might help if you have something tangible to keep you motivated or something that helps you continue into those year. The other option is deciding, education is not for you right now, maybe you need a break or dont need it at all. There are students who take a year off and work and then come back to learn from their mistakes and improve dramamtically.

Edit: ughh.. grammar and spelling all over the place..

I just want to be happy. I want to be able not constantly worry or give a damn about all of this shit

Perhaps we are getting too emotional and existential for friendGAF

Why do you think that'll happen?

Rip in peace funny bestGAF, here comes the feels train.

Observation of a pattern.

For a long time my Dad drank. He hardly had a social life outside of drinking with either his brothers and sisters or by himself watching reruns of MASH or hockey games. He put a lot of himself into his work being superintendent of the local park. This led to several instances over the years of him being drunk and angry. I clearly remember a day a while back where he literally flipped our dinner table in anger and drove my sister, crying, to her room.

His drinking was part of the reason my Mom became afraid of him, the other reason was something I would learn only after all the fallout fell out, abuse. This resulted in several instances over the years where my Mom would stay out at hotels nearly an hour away, which were the closest ones, and culminated with her leaving him with the intention of someday divorcing him. The reason she didn't immediately divorce him was that my Grandma was on her deathbed and she didn't want that to be one of her final memories of us. On December 14, 2012, my Dad took desperate measures due to her leaving and had to be hospitalized for several days following the incident.

I would learn from him, my Mom, and my Aunts and Uncles that spousal abuse didn't just start with him. It was something my Dad and his sibling were exposed to all through their youth and has had repercussions felt in all of them. Some of my family don't have families because of this. I know why my Dad and my Grandfather did what they did: alcoholism and anger issues which could possibly be traced to the Residential School system.

I say I fear becoming that same monster because I feel tremendous anger at times. It's not explosive, it's seething. I can see myself letting it out.

Also too real gaf is too real for me. I dont know how to talk abour my problems. I constantly think im a freak of nature just because of some of the weird fetishes I have. I think that I dont deserve to live and that no one truly cares about me. Im afraid to make relationships because im afraid of getting hurt. Stories have ruined love for me because I want someone who loves me like hinata loves naruto and I can love them back with that much love but I know thats impossible much like my dream to be a manga writer and my life is currently going down the shitter.

I may not care for the Dreamcast. But zedreamcast is a Friender, he's a bro.

Zenfalcia

If naruto makes a shadow clone...does it have a stub too?

Eh, most people got fetishes, doesnt really matter. As long as they arent illegal. It'll be fiinnee. As hard as this may be, you have to discard that mentality and just go out and have fun. Lower expectations, and take small steps to your goals no matter how lofty. Even the smallest steps make the biggest difference.

Guys you should read Problem Sleuth it's really good and I regret not reading it until now. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000219

You've read homestuck i take it?

ultimax

Im training as hard as i can to bring back PG to the village, but hey thats life.

In all seriousness tho, everyone goes through rough patches in life and im pretty sure everyone here understands that. I dont feel comfortable giving advice to people because im not perfect myself, and im learning everyday. But i can at least try. School isnt easy, nor is it fun. All you can do is your best, and strive for something. and yeah dont compare yourself to others. nothing really good comes out of that. you are your own person.

btw you nerds can always add me on skype or pm me if you want to vent.im good at listening ;p

Zenfalcia

I just want to be happy. I want to be able not constantly worry or give a damn about all of this shit

Perhaps we are getting too emotional and existential for friendGAF

Who doesn't. We all want to be happy. Not to sound like a downer, but being an adult is hard, and worrying is a part of it. Everyone who seems fine is merely faking it till they make it. I know i cant do much to improve your situation, only you can do that. Everyone can only say so much. I can't say just put up with this and you'll be better, because there is no garuantee you'll be better. You can ask your profs for help and see how you can do better. Find some peers to try to do better.

Well, there was depression talk before.. like 2 days ago.

For a long time my Dad drank. He hardly had a social life outside of drinking with either his brothers and sisters or by himself watching reruns of MASH or hockey games. He put a lot of himself into his work being superintendent of the local park. This led to several instances over the years of him being drunk and angry. I clearly remember a day a while back where he literally flipped our dinner table in anger and drove my sister, crying, to her room.

His drinking was part of the reason my Mom became afraid of him, the other reason was something I would learn only after all the fallout fell out, abuse. This resulted in several instances over the years where my Mom would stay out at hotels nearly an hour away, which were the closest ones, and culminated with her leaving him with the intention of someday divorcing him. The reason she didn't immediately divorce him was that my Grandma was on her deathbed and she didn't want that to be one of her final memories of us. On December 14, 2012, my Dad took desperate measures due to her leaving and had to be hospitalized for several days following the incident.

I would learn from him, my Mom, and my Aunts and Uncles that spousal abuse didn't just start with him. It was something my Dad and his sibling were exposed to all through their youth and has had repercussions felt in all of them. Some of my family don't have families because of this. I know why my Dad and my Grandfather did what they did: alcoholism and anger issues which could possibly be traced to the Residential School system.

I say I fear becoming that same monster because I feel tremendous anger at times. It's not explosive, it's seething. I can see myself letting it out.

As long as you are aware of it just remember to keep it in check. If you think it's really bad, keep away from alchohol. If you have a SO(significant other) have them know. Some people follow their father's footsteps and make the same mistake, others learn from their father's mistakes and do better. If you arent already, do some excercise or a way to release that stress or anger, example: boxing. That might help. I can't say it will, since i'm just a person on the internet, but it could help.

As long as you are aware of it just remember to keep it in check. If you think it's really bad, keep away from alchohol. If you have a SO(significant other) have them know. Some people follow their father's footsteps and make the same mistake, others learn from their father's mistakes and do better. If you arent already, do some excercise or a way to release that stress or anger, example: boxing. That might help. I can't say it will, since i'm just a person on the internet, but it could help.

I could literally join #TeamDurstyRoll

Zenfalcia

Im training as hard as i can to bring back PG to the village, but hey thats life.

In all seriousness tho, everyone goes through rough patches in life and im pretty sure everyone here understands that. I dont feel comfortable giving advice to people because im not perfect myself, and im learning everyday. But i can at least try. School isnt easy, nor is it fun. All you can do is your best, and strive for something. and yeah dont compare yourself to others. nothing really good comes out of that. you are your own person.

btw you nerds can always add me on skype or pm me if you want to vent.im good at listening ;p

I can just text him how much you guys miss him. Although not this late. He'll be pissed if i woke him up.

Life isnt easy either. I cant say i can give great advice either, only understanding since i have a similar situation. It can be fun, just find something you love. Even then you might not be happy due to money reasons. We should also remember, you can't be a special snowflake of not caring about the world. Do everything within reason.

D-Dont tempt me you n-nerd-baka!

I could literally join #TeamDurstyRoll

Yeah you can! And then make jet noises as you do the dursty roll!

Edit: so much seriousness from a guy with an avatar of a girl getting pounded. You would never expect it.

I may not care for the Dreamcast. But zedreamcast is a Friender, he's a bro.

Eh, most people got fetishes, doesnt really matter. As long as they arent illegal. It'll be fiinnee. As hard as this may be, you have to discard that mentality and just go out and have fun. Lower expectations, and take small steps to your goals no matter how lofty. Even the smallest steps make the biggest difference.

You've read homestuck i take it?
Thanks guys it means a lot hearing advice from people

Also glass I know that feeling. Except when I was younger I used to think my dad was the greatest person alive. It wasnt till after he died I found out how much of an asshole he was to my mother. He wasnt a drunk but he was mexican and raised in the lifestyle of "im the man of the house you do what the fuck I say or else" he cheated on my mom, stole her money, beat her, and a whole bunch of other shit.
Only recently I found out that the trip me, my brother and him went on to disneyland was paid for by my mom and she didnt get to come.
Lets just say my opinion of my father has become rather negative and I dont wanna be anything like him and im glad that I take after my mother more and I learned my morals from cartoons, anime, and video game.

Also glass I know that feeling. Except when I was younger I used to think my dad was the greatest person alive. It wasnt till after he died I found out how much of an asshole he was to my mother. He wasnt a drunk but he was mexican and raised in the lifestyle of "im the man of the house you do what the fuck I say or else" he cheated on my mom, stole her money, beat her, and a whole bunch of other shit.
Only recently I found out that the trip me, my brother and him went on to disneyland was paid for by my mom and she didnt get to come.
Lets just say my opinion of my father has become rather negative and I dont wanna be anything like him and im glad that I take after my mother more and I learned my morals from cartoons, anime, and video game.

With all that's happened, I don't hate my Dad or my Mom. I pity them for what's happened. Especially my Dad since it's led to some friction between him and his sister.

Zenfalcia

Thanks guys it means a lot hearing advice from people

As much as advice is good to hear, there's little point unless you act on it. Don't be that guy who is happy with their current stagnation in their life. I know i cant tell you do go out and change yourself dramatically, as i myself havent even done that, but at least try. Getting hurt sucks, but you didnt learn to do things right the first time, you didnt learn to walk without falling down, and you certainly won't go live life without failing. I'm saying this so you dont have your life pass by you and nothing to show.

If I'm too hurtful, well, i'm trying to speak what might help someone. This is coming from a hypocrite who can't even do that much. If i'm off base, at least there might be something you can get from the message.

To anyone out there reading these. Don't think that you'll do that tomorrow, take steps now, no matter how small. Set reasonalbe goals and meet them within reasonable times.

Edit: the reaction to the back log readers is going to be interesting and be very somber.

Okingjrr

Monsieur bein will, and maybe other. Like.. 2 or 3 other. The lurker chaobreaker and idk.. maybe PG. I doubt it.

I read the posts I miss. RealGaf too real.
It's 11 am here, so I got time to catch up while most of the people in this thread are sleeping.
Talking to people about what you're feeling is essential to not end up crazy worried about what you do in life. You just have to know where to start, and with who.

Zenfalcia

;)

I dunno some nerd who likes playing project diva
;)

I read the posts I miss. RealGaf too real.
It's 11 am here, so I got time to catch up while most of the people in this thread are sleeping.
Talking to people about what you're feeling is essential to not end up crazy worried about what you do in life. You just have to know where to start, and with who.

Yeah it is. so real. This time in BestGAF it goes to any topic. Theree's some stuff you can skim.. a lot actually.. like 3-4 pages worth.

Yep, but it might be hard for people to do that.

Anyways.. i should go back to working on this assignment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom