• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman014

tumblr_m1f74aegd91rs1yd9o1_400.gif

S-s-hut up and go make a thread.

Stahp it Mako.

I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to finishing KLK tonight. I started out somewhat negative about the show and now I can't fucking wait!
Satsuki and Ryuko are so fucking cool, albeit for different reasons. It's literally
Dante vs Vergil
!

I really wanted to get into that show but I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time getting past the mega fanservicey scenes I've seen from later episodes. I know it's stupid to judge a series based solely on that but it's really bugging me.

360pages

I'm currently trying to write a story with a lot of action and only small type of slow point. It was pretty much supposed to be the opposite of the other story I was writing with the same plot device but different characters and less realistic.

Edit: the reaction to the back log readers is going to be interesting and be very somber.
I will always be an advocate for airing everything out, I kept my inner feelings and thoughts bottled up for years to the point where the bad things happened.

I don't really have any advice at the moment for Jack, Zen or Dreamcast but if you have healthcare that covers it I would go see a therapist, it is awkward and hard to find the right person for you and even then it may not work for you, (it did not help me in any way) but I know that it does for some people.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwvxerexC-A

I really wanted to get into that show but I'll be honest, I'm having a hard time getting past the mega fanservicey scenes I've seen from later episodes. I know it's stupid to judge a series based solely on that but it's really bugging me.

Less shallow reasons why I couldn't get into it.

Are you Afraid of the Dark > Goosebumps

As someone who watched both recently, Goosebumps is overall way better. Are you Afraid of the Dark might have more episodes that are scary, but the episodes that aren't are a thousand times worse than your average Goosebumps episode.

It's not stupid at all. I'm near the ending and I'm still not a fan of the designs. I mean, there is a point to all of it and people are right when they say that you stop caring for it later on, but they're still terrible and designed with titillation. I nearly stopped after the first few episodes, because it had some weird rapey themes going on as well and because it starts out quite poorly. I decided to stick with it and I'll be the first to admit that it's still a highly flawed show, but the important thing is that I'm having fun watching it. You could try to bite the bullet and try to force your way through the fanservicey bullshit and see whether you start liking it, but I would understand if you chose not to or if you simply couldn't get into it.
They're excellent as well and man, the ending to that last episode was way more darker than I expected it to be.

At the end, I almost didn't notice how fanservicey it was. It was all disguised behind the cool things that they do. I feel that it ended strongly due to the themes and symbolism within the show alongside how cool the concept was.

Loco4Coco

As someone who watched both recently, Goosebumps is overall way better. Are you Afraid of the Dark might have more episodes that are scary, but the episodes that aren't are a thousand times worse than your average Goosebumps episode.

I've never really watched Goosebumps growing up that's I said that, you're probably right.

I really never thought of Kill La Kill as super fanservicy.Yeah there were some parts put it really didn't overshadowed the series.

If you watch Queen's Blade and Rebellion, you'll see that Kill la Kill's fanservice ain't shit.

It's not that I don't understand the the fan service is partly there for a reason, but at the same time I can't help but be aware that it's also there for the obvious fap bait and it just feels weird going into a series knowing that.

I can't stop listening to KLK's soundtrack! Don't Lose your way and I want to know (among others) are so easy to listen to. Then you have more context-sensitive songs like Blumenkranz which are just fucking amazing.

Pretty much every week when it was airing I made a facebook update gushing about the soundtrack to the point where people were like "We get it, it's good, shut the fuck up about it." But goddammit is it so good! Sanageyama's theme is up there with Blumenkranz for me.

It's not that I don't understand the the fan service is partly there for a reason, but at the same time I can't help but be aware that it's also there for the obvious fap bait and it just feels weird going into a series knowing that.

Oh, I understand that and I'm not saying you're wrong, on its surface Kill la Kill is creepy as shit. But, I wasn't personally bothered by it because 1. I honestly wasn't into the art style in that way, so I just saw it for the point they put across in the series and 2. I've seen some anime that makes KlK look like it's for children.

KLK's fanservice isn't shit and there isn't much of it at all. It's just there and it's there for a reason at the very least.
I can't stop listening to KLK's soundtrack! Don't Lose your way and I want to know (among others) are so easy to listen to. Then you have more context-sensitive songs like Blumenkranz which are just fucking amazing.

I really like this dumb song and I don't know why! It seems like a out of place country song.

I'll consider it once more people in this thread play Digital Devil Saga.
I started it and got distracted. Handhelds are just easier for me to find time for lately.
You've been getting super carried away about that lately, I'll pass, I'm not really into the earlier Persona designs.
The writing is a cut above. I guess if you really dislike the artstyle it's not for you, but it is so well written. It surprised the hell out of me.
Ginko is love
You'reGoddamnRight.gif

"It's not even really a game when you think about it."

The combat isn't great, but it's nearly ignorable. Playing on easy you literally take 1 damage and can basically autobattle and ignore fights.

I enjoy difficult JRPGs, but if your battle system isn't gonna be difficult, then it should be easy.

Nothing worse than playing a JRPG with random battles that are meant to be nothing but annoying.

I enjoy difficult JRPGs, but if your battle system isn't gonna be difficult, then it should be easy.
Nothing worse than playing a JRPG with random battles that are meant to be nothing but annoying.
Yup. The main thing is when they're just time consuming and drag on forever. Some P4 random encounters fall into that trap.

Speaking of time wasting, I sure as hell don't fucking miss the calendar mechanic.

Xiraiya

"It's not even really a game when you think about it."

The combat isn't great, but it's nearly ignorable. Playing on easy you literally take 1 damage and can basically autobattle and ignore fights.
That sounds like excuses, I care about the whole experience "The game is pretty good but the main mechanic is not great and actually pretty ignorable" It's like... okay, great I guess I'll definitely never play it now and probably watch an LP on youtube or something.

Yup. The main thing is when they're just time consuming and drag on forever. Some P4 random encounters fall into that trap.

Speaking of time wasting, I sure as hell don't fucking miss the calendar mechanic.

I also don't miss the "optional" social links. If you just want to talk to characters/teammates you can just go to random places and talk to them and get some great/funny dialogue. If you just wanna push through dungeons and get to the plot, you can do that too.

Most aggravating part of p3/4 is how forced the social links are to the actual gameplay. Fuck that bullshit.

That sounds like excuses, I care about the whole experience "The game is pretty good but the main mechanic is not great and actually pretty ignorable" It's like... okay, great I guess I'll definitely never play it now and probably watch an LP on youtube or something.

Combat is fine in IS/EP when it isn't laughably easy. Late game in IS, the combat still isn't hard, but probably about as tough as your average 2D final fantasy. Plus the demon negotiation mechanic is great and makes for some hilarious dialogue.

I've found my way
That's adorable.
I also don't miss the "optional" social links. If you just want to talk to characters/teammates you can just go to random places and talk to them and get some great/funny dialogue. If you just wanna push through dungeons and get to the plot, you can do that too.
Most aggravating part of p3/4 is how forced the social links are to the actual gameplay. Fuck that bullshit.
If the social links were written half as well as these characters are it would be a whole different situation too. Your party has so much original dialogue based on the room you're in or the places you go. It's really impressive. It's all super entertaining too.

I can't believe the game is so lighthearted and entertaining. It really does make P4 look like boring nothing.
Ok, if you want you can go watch an LP or Longplay. It gets you a good chunk of the experience. The reason I'm so passionate is because of the writing and characters. Dunno if there's a really good LP for it though.

The main reason I'd say you should play it yourself is because of the literal tons of hidden, awesome dialogue you get from going to random places.

I don't even think the gameplay is necessarily bad, just random encounters are really slow. You can speed it up a lot due to how easy it is though. All battle are done in 1 turn, maybe 2.

If the social links were written half as well as these characters are it would be a whole different situation too. Your party has so much original dialogue based on the room you're in or the places you go. It's really impressive. It's all super entertaining too.

I can't believe the game is so lighthearted and entertaining. It really does make P4 look like boring nothing.

Enjoy it while it lasts :D

Enjoy it while it lasts :D
Aw yiss. Now I'm just more excited.
I would have never known that Lisa's dad is a total
weeb
that puts Woolie to shame.
I thought they stayed in Japan since its pretty cool. Lisa's dad didn't have to go all out with the way he dresses and other stuff.
The way characters react to you going places like that is hilarious.

Ok, I'll stop shilling P2. I know plenty of people here don't care.

The main reason I'd say you should play it yourself is because of the literal tons of hidden, awesome dialogue you get from going to random places.

I would have never known that Lisa's dad is a total
weeb
that puts Woolie to shame.
I thought they stayed in Japan since its pretty cool. Lisa's dad didn't have to go all out with the way he dresses and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom