• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) just the figurines. I need creepy figurines so people will get out of my house.

Oh, that was a real thing, don't know if you know that.

Also you can buy a cellphone case that's a giant isopod.

screen-shot-2014-04-09-at-1-18-23-pm.png

And a plush!

390-891272_2_MED.jpg

I don't think so. Not yet, at least.

The Retron 5 reads NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA cartridges for $150. Maybe they'll throw N64 in with the next iteration.

The Retron in theory sounds like a fucking rad idea, but I couldn't see myself owning one console for all of my old carts.

Plus I heard there were issues with how the output translates onto the TV.

You know, on the whole El Shaddai has better platforming than any point its been shoehorned into the DMC games, but there's some shit later on that's just real frustrating, and I'd rather be back to fighting dudes.

The only thing that they said was that the shadow characters are getting a revamp. The location test will be at the end of November.

That's much needed.
I also hope they change one or two things for Kanji. I've said it a dozen times, his buffs outweigh his nerfs... but a couple of his nerfs are incredibly irritating and serve no purpose other than to make hard match ups harder.

Found a site where a guy makes a whole bunch of different portable consoles. Keeping in mind it is portable and made by hand, the price with the huge amount of work they put in to make it fit into one small hand held device is around $500.

That's fucking amazing and I want it but will never ever have it.

Found a site where a guy makes a whole bunch of different portable consoles. Keeping in mind it is portable and made by hand, the price with the huge amount of work they put in to make it fit into one small hand held device is around $500.

Doesn't the Pandora also play N64 games? Or is it still having problems with it?

500? Thanks but no thanks. I'll keep my crappy non-portable N64.

How many of you Frienders have your old consoles and games?

croten

Let's see. My Sega Mega Drive got lost when my dad was moving house, not a fucking clue as to what happened to my PS1, my PS2 is broken all to hell as well as my dreamcast and my Gamecube is collecting dust in my dads house.

Duplolas

Banned

^My Collection

Also. That's $500 for a portable version. It is made from parts he either made himself or bought from a store for retail price. +Build time. That's why it is so expensive.

Think of how cheap it would be if it was in a stationary console and was made by an actual developer. Also, how it would actually look nice and not look like if you duct taped two DSXLs together and then they some how got multiple tumors.

croten

^My Collection

Also. That's $500 for a portable version. It is made from parts he either made himself or bought from a store for retail price. +Build time. That's why it is so expensive.

Think of how cheap it would be if it was in a stationary console and was made by an actual developer.

Even if it was half that (which would be lucky) it would be far too expensive. Plus there is no demand for it meaning it wouldn't sell.

I still have all my consoles, including a broken ps1 and a Saturn but I have no idea where the hell that is. The only console I have ever gotten rid of was a Dreamcast...

Duplolas

Banned
Even if it was half that (which would be lucky) it would be far too expensive. Plus there is no demand for it meaning it wouldn't sell.

I guess you are right about the demand part.

Maybe later on down the line when consoles like those get older, then people would want to buy a suped-up N64 for $250.

They could probably just make all the games free for it since you can already emulate them on a PC.

The business model for it would actually be pretty good if the demand was there. Compared to what consoles cost to make now, a Xbone being $471 and the PS4 being $381, making a console for $50 and then selling it with a controller for $250 with all of the games for it free direct from the developer would be quite good for both the buyer and the seller.

Then you can sell some of the controllers (or maybe ever allow the originals to be used to) for like $25 each.

I mean, for a company like Nintendo, are they actually making any money off of their old games for N64? So giving them out for free would be just fine.

Minato could kick Yu's ass in a swimming race.

English DIO is the best english VA for a character I've ever heard, and Avdol isn't bad either. At this rate I'll actually be able to show my sub-hating friends Jojo!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

That's a lot of work for an expensive product with an incredibly small number of potential customers. It's like custom car detailing or any other specialized vendor. You're not going to appeal to a large number of consumers and it's really not worth it for a large company to employ the research, design, labor, and factory costs associated with such an endeavor.

I guess you are right about the demand part.

Maybe later on down the line when consoles like those get older, then people would want to buy a suped-up N64 for $250.

They could probably just make all the games free for it since you can already emulate them on a PC.

The business model for it would actually be pretty good if the demand was there. Compared to what consoles cost to make now, a Xbone being $471 and the PS4 being $381, making a console for $50 and then selling it with a controller for $250 with all of the games for it free direct from the developer would be quite good for both the buyer and the seller.

Then you can sell some of the controllers (or maybe ever allow the originals to be used to) for like $25 each.

I mean, for a company like Nintendo, are they actually making any money off of their old games for N64? So giving them out for free would be just fine.

The console wouldn't cost $50 to make. You're only looking at maybe the parts cost, and not the research, design, marketing, labor, distribution, licensing, and allocation of resources. I suspect that Nintendo is already planning on implementing ways of putting their N64 titles on the eShop, so I don't think they'd be interested in giving away their library for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom