• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a NES, SNES, N64, GB,GBC, PS1 and 2, and somewhere in my parents house is a Genesis. I used to own a GBA(the fold one) and a Saturn.

I'm so proud of keeping them neat and clean because aside from the N64 and GBC that were gifts, the rest I bought with my own money.

croten

I guess you are right about the demand part.

Maybe later on down the line when consoles like those get older, then people would want to buy a suped-up N64 for $250.

They could probably just make all the games free for it since you can already emulate them on a PC.

The business model for it would actually be pretty good if the demand was there. Compared to what consoles cost to make now, a Xbone being $471 and the PS4 being $381, making a console for $50 and then selling it with a controller for $250 with all of the games for it free direct from the developer would be quite good for both the buyer and the seller.

How cheap do think consoles are? Plus getting the games to work on new technology would be a nightmare. You may as well make it an emulator at which point you can already do that now. If it were so easy for that to happen then why doesn't the Wii U just put all these on the E store? Remaking an old console is pointless unless you make it using the same technology which wouldn't be cheap.

demidar

I guess you are right about the demand part.

Maybe later on down the line when consoles like those get older, then people would want to buy a suped-up N64 for $250.

They could probably just make all the games free for it since you can already emulate them on a PC.

The business model for it would actually be pretty good if the demand was there. Compared to what consoles cost to make now, a Xbone being $471 and the PS4 being $381, making a console for $50 and then selling it with a controller for $250 with all of the games for it free direct from the developer would be quite good for both the buyer and the seller.

Then you can sell some of the controllers (or maybe ever allow the originals to be used to) for like $25 each.

I mean, for a company like Nintendo, are they actually making any money off of their old games for N64? So giving them out for free would be just fine.

I think you grossly underestimate the supply chain logistics of your hypothetical, not to mention what a licensing nightmare that would be.

And yes, Nintendo is making money off their old games by reselling them on the eShop, so giving them away for free is a dumb idea.

Edit: I'm gonna go hit the prison bunk. Try and not incite Bish's wrath everybody, I don't want to wake up to a cratered wasteland of a thread.

too bad minato looks like a bitch!

i7NpLIs4rp3md.gif

No one can top that swagger

Well, finished El Shaddai. I never actually did complete it the first time, kept dying all the damn time during the second to last chapter. Much better this time by comparison. Still as visually amazing throughout, not to mention the couple curve balls it throws at you with setting and tone.

Still kinda wish there was maybe an extra system or two to the combat mechanics, and a bit more variety to enemies beyond just reskins. Even so, the basic flow of stealing enemy weapons and using it against them is still satisfying. Throwing in a perfect guard into the mix to keep the flow going.

Also it's so focused on the visual experience that you only get to turn on the hud and scoring system after beating the game once. Quite interesting.

Found a site where a guy makes a whole bunch of different portable consoles. Keeping in mind it is portable and made by hand, the price with the huge amount of work they put in to make it fit into one small hand held device is around $500.

I think I remember seeing this in GamePro in like 2005.

Oberon

Banned

I don't find Charlie that attractive. He was pretty boring actually
Persona 2 protagoniste on the other hand. I played only about an hour or so ( beat the first boss, which has to be one of the best first bosses ever) He's so much cooler, he has a motorcycle and that lighter!
Man, why had my psp to die?

Persona 2 protagoniste on the other hand. I played only about an hour or so ( beat the first boss, which has to be one of the best first bosses ever) He's so much cooler, he has a motorcycle and that lighter!
I could go gay for Tatsuya. What a fucking badass.

The thing that makes Kenpachi Ramasama sexy is his confidence. He's a straight talking motherfucker with no ego, no illusions, and a pretty face.
capture912755-640x360.jpg

croten

Well having a motorbike and a lighter doesn't exactly make someone more attractive. Cooler sure but it doesn't have much of an impact on their appearance

You are literally THE cool kid and I love it. I'm super glad that I played through P1 because there's so much shit from it in IS already and it's making me enjoy it more than if I hadn't played it. The one sided beef between him and Eikichi is the best shit ever

Having a lighter makes you more attractive?
No wonder why Pyros are so hot

Alright. I'm down.

So I posted this last noghr but I think most of everyone was asleep, so I decided to repost it.
Now which one sounds more interesting?

Both sound pretty standard, but I'd say the first one because Gintama is always a good influence, though that's hard as shit to live up to.

Youre really pushing pure incest love arent you?
Loli incest*

1356751428383.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom