• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess that depends, do you feel like perhaps you're being excluded somewhat? Do they go do stuff without you with eachother or anything like that?
Personally if people call me up to do something, I guess it depends if I feel like it, but I never call them up because they're generally busy with whatever is going on in their life and they know where to find me, so I don't think too much of it.

Then again, I'm not the most helpful person in this regard because I suppose I have an odd perspective on how important I think friendship is, if people didn't really want to hang out with you then they probably wouldn't usually say yes when you ask.

A lot of my friends from HS are working different jobs and lead different lives.
A few guys I know were dads at 18. One has a gf and a dog and works double shifts as an EMT. Another works at the airport. One works at Apple and is adamant about having "only Irish friends".

My college friends are also working long hours and have shitty jobs as well. One is trying to save up for a wedding.

This has been the case for me throughout my life, mainly people I was friends with at various points in school. Friends in elementary, stopped seeing each other once we went to different schools. Had a friend throughout school, and after graduation, we've not seen each other since.

Though I did have a friend outside of high school for a few years (the guy that introduced me to Needless and anime that wasn't surface level). We had regular meet ups with him and his other friends, but since moving to Redmond to go to DigiPen, I haven't been in contact with him since. Weird thing is we're both friends on PSN, but he's like me in that he doesn't typically go out of his way to maintain contact, so it's both on us we haven't said anything.

Basically, how I deal with it is this: don't give a shit about it. Be content with having acquaintances throughout parts of your life and move on. Of course, that's only really applicable if you're like me and have no problems with being alone in the first place.

I think I'm just confusing acquaintances and friends?

Because by that metric, I haven't had a single "friend" in my life that I grew up with.

croten

Being social is exhausting tbh

Yeah, talking is hard for me. I asked to go out on Halloween with bunch of people I didn't know but the only people that showed up were the girl that asked me and her friend and I was so happy. Talking with strangers can be downright impossible for me.

Shackzam

Yeah, tonight at 7pm EST, about 15 mins from now a couple of us are playing.
I've not been practicing, so I so suspect you'll murdalize me this time.
I haven't been practicing either. So we might be on equal ground. Ill be on a little later, I gotta go out for like an hour.

One time a Girl was actually mocking me because I got a perfect scrore on a test.

I was bullied all of one time in school. It was during middle school by this guy named Tristan. I was reading a book when he comes up to me with two other guys and takes it out of my hands and looks at the cover and says "Look you guys, he's reading Eragon." I told him not to lose my page, that if he wanted to read it he'd have to get his own copy, and that I could help him with any words he thought were too hard. He said "Whatever" and walked away.

I swear to god this exchange actually occurred. My life is an 80s movie you guys.

Beloved

The constant talking and smiling, disgusting!

The irony for me is, talking and smiling is super easy and I'm pretty extroverted but I am also a hermit who prefers being cozy and alone at home.

So I need social interaction but being around people for an entire day wears me the hell out and I feel SO relieved when I'm back home.

Tell me about it. I can spend a night with my close family and close friends but put me with distant relatives and new people I don't know and I get super bored and wish that I never came out of my room.

Yeah I definitely know that feel man.

Yeah, talking is hard for me. I asked to go out on Halloween with bunch of people I didn't know but the only people that showed up were the girl that asked me and her friend and I was so happy. Talking with strangers can be downright impossible for me.

I dont have trouble talking with strangers but its rarely worth it xD

I feel really, really sad that I didn't have a strong group of friends that stuck around and grew up together, but moreso that I have a ton Of acquaintances that are pretty much nothing More than weak s-links.

Does anyone know that one girl on Facebook who brags about being an introvert and how being social is hard but all of her photos are her partying?

Edit: Not ripping on you Doc, just pointing out an observation.

You can be introverted and want to hang out with people an party too. People don't like to be excluded from social gatherings. Introversion doesn't work as you think it might.

Okingjrr

Hey you guys, Horse bike riding is awesome!
large.jpg

Anybody wants to get some mario kart 8 action going?
Well aside from those playing ultimax.

I feel really, really sad that I didn't have a strong group of friends that stuck around and grew up together, but moreso that I have a ton Of acquaintances that are pretty much nothing More than weak s-links.

You can be introverted and want to hang out with people an party too. People don't like to be excluded from social gatherings. Introversion doesn't work as you think it might.

Wanna go fight shadows and get pizza senpai?

I haven't seen a single one of my friends since high school. I play dota with like 3 of them but thats about it at this point. Shit sucks

I haven't been practicing either. So we might be on equal ground. Ill be on a little later, I gotta go out for like an hour.

We'll see, I think playing too much casuals with my buddies also softened up my game a bit. But enough Johns, can't wait to play you guys again!

I can join in a couple hours, if ppl are still playing

Meh, strangers are strange. K

In that case, maybe we should call it off for an hour. But I'll be lingering in Central Shopping Death if anyone's in.

Edit: NVM, I'll just meet you guys there at 8.

Honestly, the best you can do is take away experiences you had with those people and value them for what they're worth and how they influenced your life. I may not see that one friend that got me into some more obscure anime anymore, but I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for that.

Plus, if I could get through life and succeed like this asshole, then s links ain't necessary.

Okingjrr

Don't see it like that. I've been to 4 different places for school and had 4 very distinct sets of friends/acquaintances growing up. I still consider the people I rolled with my friends even though we haven't spoken in years.

Beloved

As I've gotten older, I've come to cherish having just a few people I can count on and I no longer care that I don't have strong connections with a larger number of people.

Clinging to friendships/relationships that are no longer beneficial to either person is a sign of emotional immaturity anyway.

Also you're right about being introverted, a lot of introverted people end up partying because alcohol makes it easier for them to act the way that other people expect them too.

Which is societal bullshit, be who you are and you'll find similar people worth hanging around with at some point

Honestly, the best you can do is take away experiences you had with those people and value them for what they're worth and how they influenced your life. I may not see that one friend that got me into some more obscure anime anymore, but I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for that.

Plus, if I could get through life and succeed like this asshole, then s links ain't necessary.
Man I was trying to find that comic a couple weeks ago and failed thank you for posting it.

Friends are hard, I perfer Frienders anyway
fuck that was lame

Oberon

Banned
I was bullied all of one time in school. It was during middle school by this guy named Tristan. I was reading a book when he comes up to me with two other guys and takes it out of my hands and looks at the cover and says "Look you guys, he's reading Eragon." I told him not to lose my page, that if he wanted to read it he'd have to get his own copy, and that I could help him with any words he thought were too hard. He said "Whatever" and walked away.

I swear to god this exchange actually occurred. My life is an 80s movie you guys.

lol
That's hilarious
My conversation pretty much ended which me helping her doing her homework, so there's that.

Okingjrr

You mean 90% of Facebook? Lol

Ah shit. Mario kart or ultimax. Please don't make me choose
Why not both? It's not like a lot of us have agreed to play yet.

I'll play a few races once im home.
Hopefully I don't pass out before, it's 1 am.
I'm looking forward to finally play with you.

I don't have the dlc or I would.
Can't we all play in the same lobby regardless of owning the dlc?

We get feelsy now that we can't do lewd things
What if the lewd was omly there as a cover up for the feels?
Oh my... When you substract the lewd, we all get exposed as people with with actual human emotions. Damn RealGaf, you too real.

DSP plays Persona 3?

ultimax

Friends are hard, I perfer Frienders anyway
fuck that was lame

Just want to say this is the best community I have ever been apart of.

You guys are all good people.

You are loved

The people in this thread, in addition to one other person I know online on my skype contacts list, I consider to be my friends. You guys are great
and somewhat terrible at the same time, but that's what I like.
giphy.gif

The people in this thread, in addition to one other person I know online on my skype contacts list, I consider to be my friends. You guys are great
and somewhat terrible at the same time, but that's what I like.

Even me?

Oh my... When you substract the lewd, we all get exposed as people with with actual human emotions. Damn RealGaf, you too real.

The lewd is a mask for our true feelings.

Okingjrr

I like you guys as well.
A sentence we previously kept for when the poster was drunk. Times have changed.
Talking is somewhat easy here. Though, I'm pretty sure if we all met in the say room, we'd be super quiet and not talk to each other
:p

It's fine. I'm still keeping it real. *avatar quote*
Lewd.jpg

Not sure, don't know how it works.
The only experience I have with dlc shenanigans is CoD and in normal lobbies you can still play with your friends who don't have the dlc.
But yea, I don't know how nintendo has it.

Okingjrr

We use lewd to hide our shaodws...the true selves

The Shin-Frienders, it's canon.

Btw, I've been thinking about the story for the friender game. There's so much good content and really interesting things that could happen. Not that I've written anything of course.
This arc is really something.

Gamer Y

The only experience I have with dlc shenanigans is CoD and in normal lobbies you can still play with your friends who don't have the dlc.
But yea, I don't know how nintendo has it.
Likewise, I've only experienced this on ACMP on another system, though I guess the real question is how many of us actually the DLC?

As people have said, I absolutely adore the people I'm close with. I could probably spend forever with them. However anyone below that level of extreme familiarity and trust is absolutely horrid to spend extended periods of time with. Extended family is hella boring, true strangers are scary.
As I've gotten older, I've come to cherish having just a few people I can count on and I no longer care that I don't have strong connections with a larger number of people.

Clinging to friendships/relationships that are no longer beneficial to either person is a sign of emotional immaturity anyway.

Also you're right about being introverted, a lot of introverted people end up partying because alcohol makes it easier for them to act the way that other people expect them too.

Which is societal bullshit, be who you are and you'll find similar people worth hanging around with at some point
I am scared I'll get to a point where I rely on alcohol. Luckily I haven't been put in a situation where I'm desperate to use it as a social crutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom