• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

I did too. Does seem a waste, maybe one day...
One day.

I will always be watching out for you all
Watch from very far away!
jk

Nah, i'm just looking at the game and, wishing there were more movement options. There doesnt seem any incentive to do stylish moves and most of the time it looks like staying far away and grinding rails. The more boring way is to run on the ground and shoot stuff.

Seems like a trick system would be right at home in the game.

Zenfalcia

From what I've seen it's like it's lacking fluidity. There's something about it that seems like movements have limits. It's hard to describe something I'm feeling visually in words

Yeah, fluidity seems about right. I wiwh i could get some hands on to have experience and actually comment on it.

At first I wanted that too but after playing for a while you quickly pick up on stringing traversal methods together and then combining that with what weapons you use and different enemy types it gets pretty nuts, and at certain points there's traps and stuff that you can add to your string, I get what you mean though

Maybe it's the skateboard game vibe i'm getting and expecting. I'm sure it's not as bad as i make it to be and would be more fun if i played it. So, you're saying it changes up? Or does it stay the same more or less?

Seems like a trick system would be right at home in the game.

Also, maybe an emphasis of keeping up combos and multipliers and doing things stylishly.

Oberon

Banned
severes-snape-always.gif

Good, but this time it isn't really a "cohesive story" but more like "lewd stuff that I witnessed"

Yup. I love all of you fucking bastards.

Posting on this thread not only helped my socialy, but my grades got better and my hair for some reason looks better too!

ultimax

MenacingSoundEffect.mp3

I actually got gud with Rise. I find her fun to play. I prefer the regular over the shadow version tho. She's not really a scrub friendly character

I don't own the game.I borrowed it from a friend. I didn't have time to get gud

Chie is still best fighter and my #2 persona gal

Okingjrr

Also, maybe an emphasis of keeping up combos and multipliers and doing things stylishly.
Yea, yea, yea!
I feel alot of games that have been coming out since the start of the new gen had to be rushed out the door and many mechanics just couldn't make it into the game.

Tbh, I think the combo system was one of those.

Zenfalcia

Yea, yea, yea!
I feel alot of games that have been coming out since the start of the new gen had to be rushed out the door and many mechanics just couldn't make it into the game.

Tbh, I think the combo system was one of those.

Yep tons of next gen games that are great at the core stuff but missing those details to make it that much better. Like destiny.

Emouse

Yeah, fluidity seems about right. I wiwh i could get some hands on to have experience and actually comment on it.

Maybe it's the skateboard game vibe i'm getting and expecting. I'm sure it's not as bad as i make it to be and would be more fun if i played it. So, you're saying it changes up? Or does it stay the same more or less?

I saw it off screen earlier in the year at an event and it looked terrible and not all that fun, but after getting hands on with it my option quickly changed, maybe it's just one of those games you need to play because honesty watching video of it isn't all that fun

But for the most part traversal stays the same it's just the way you use it against enemy types, some'll attack the rails so you have to switch off to something else, all of it builds into a combo/multiplier which then gives you access to the 'amps' which give you various buffs or power ups so there's a reason to keep it going, in the SBF video they didn't get to show it off cuz you don't get much of it in the very early game unless you go right for it

Zenfalcia

I saw it off screen earlier in the year at an event and it looked terrible and not all that fun, but after getting hands on with it my option quickly changed, maybe it's just one of those games you need to play because honesty watching video of it isn't all that fun

But for the most part traversal stays the same it's just the way you use it against enemy types, some'll attack the rails so you have to switch off to something else, all of it builds into a combo/multiplier which then gives you access to the 'amps' which give you various buffs or power ups so there's a reason to keep it going, in the SBF video they didn't get to show it off cuz you don't get much of it in the very early game unless you go right for it

Hmm.. ok. I'll have to see if i can try it sometime, maybe it'll sell me on buying an xbone.

But do they switch it past rail grinding and bouncing off things? Are the amps fun to use? The video was admittedly short.

Zenfalcia

I knew it was worht something. But I thought it was worth like 5 dollars or something. Its for a hero I never pick so I'm totally getting rid of it.

You probably wont sell it, unless someone's thirst is really real. It'll just lower in price as more people get it.

The authority mustache is an integral part of the Dr. McNinja canon.

Oh.. ok.. moustaches.. that's something..

Edit: it's been a while since i've dped. Oh well.

ultimax

Hmm.. ok. I'll have to see if i can try it sometime, maybe it'll sell me on buying an xbone.

But do they switch it past rail grinding and bouncing off things? Are the amps fun to use? The video was admittedly short.
Overdrive is a really good game. It's just pure wacky fun. I had no expectations for it, so I was surprised at how much fun it was. But if you like fighting games, killer instinct is amazing. I haven't regretted my xbox purchase
yet

Zenfalcia

Overdrive is a really good game. It's just pure wacky fun. I had no expectations for it, so I was surprised at how much fun it was. But if you like fighting games, killer instinct is amazing. I haven't regretted my xbox purchase
yet

Maybe i cant make myself drop $500 on a console when there's no game that makes me really make it worth my purchase when i have old games i've yet to play. It's a really personal thing, that's about it.

You're probably right. People are putting it below mine now.

You dun goofed. Now the price will drop like a rock due to high supply low demand., but that's bound to happen, eventually it'll get to a price people are willing to buy at and find equilibrium.. yay economics!

Emouse

Rail grinding, bouncing and wall running are the three main things, there's air dashing, wall bouncing and pole swinging too but they're not as major I guess? The amps are a mixture of passive and active stuff, there's 4 layers of them and they stack when you keep the combo up, some are fun some aren't as fun

the ones I remember using were things like shooting fireballs when melee attacking, random lighting strikes that attack bad guys and dodge roll knock back, there's a bunch of others that I don't remember, some good some bad but you can mix and match, there's also ones for weapons which work as modifiers so like sometimes when you shoot a guy he'll explode into fireworks that'll go off and attack other bad guys and stuff like that

but yeah their video was kinda short and didn't get to show off much of the game other than the art style and basic bits

ultimax

Maybe i cant make myself drop $500 on a console when there's no game that makes me really make it worth my purchase when i have old games i've yet to play. It's a really personal thing, that's about it.
Nah you're completely right, if there's nothing your really interested in, just wait it out. I bought mine because Scalebound (kamiya + dragons hype) and I really wanted to get the white xbox to match my white ps4 lol
im a nerd, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom