• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how you spell Galvantula.
That's not how you spell Empoleon.
AAAAAND KLK IS FINIIIIIISHED!

Emotionally satisfying and incredibly cute ending, though also somewhat disappointing and anticlimactic in certain ways.

Also my interpretation of Ryuko's character is pretty much confirmed, making her the most fleshed out character by miles. That being said, both Satsuki and Ryuko are incredibly close in terms of awesomeness and I'll need a day to decide which team I'll be in, if that's even necessary. I might just say Team SatsuRyuko and be done with it =P

Oh so good
So fucking good
Why do people call this series mediocre? Why? Can't they just love it like they should?

As to what team, I'm saying Satsuki because of her theme song, but there's really no reason to have to choose.

i-z6pJHXF-1050x10000.jpg

:'(

Squishy3

KLK ending spoilers:

The worst thing about KLK is they bring back all the previous antagonists and then don't use them in the final episode.

Zenfalcia

Goddamn it.
GODDAMN IT!

Am I the only one who found that moment to be terribly handled!? It's almost fucking offensive!
Senketsu deserved better, damn it!

It was fairly emotional. The only problem i really had was
the low budget fight scenes.. like you know it's low when they fly around and do clashes of light from a wide angle.

Goddamn it.
GODDAMN IT!

Am I the only one who found that moment to be terribly handled!? It's almost fucking offensive!
Senketsu deserves better, damn it!

I believe they didn't focus on
Senketsu's death
because they wanted to give Ryuko
more character development of growing out of her sailor outfit.
In doing so, she won't try to lose her way anymore and overall be less impulsive. By not reflecting on
his death
she inturn tries to be stronger for what he had
sacrificed

Zenfalcia

You're right about the fight scene quality, which is a shame as it managed to have some great scenes despite their low budget before. But I disagree with that scene being even remotely emotional. It starts out fine, but the 10 second scene felt as it was moving way too fast with a really abrupt start and ending, jumping from one sentence to another, after which ryuko
screams his name one last time, crashes into the earth with some jpop on the background and everyone has a lovey dovey family scene five seconds after
. I get the entire
"growing out of it"
idea, but the transition from one thing to another was just weird and it killed the moment for me.

It should have been a
Kamina/Nia
kind of moment, but it was nothing remotely close to that even though I really liked
Senketsu

Yeah. I think they were just really rushed and running low on money. Maybe if they got 2 more episodes, they could've cleaned it up and paced it better.

YO!

I FUCKING CALLED IT

SMASH MONTH IS FUCKING REAL!

I dunno man. It was pretty obvious after n64 smash last week.

360pages

Damn today legit sucks, the tank I ordered didn't work so we're stuck without water until either tomorrow or the end of the weekend.

A complete waste of time and money, trying to get the old one welded, but that will probably fall through. Right now I'm just happy I took a shower yesterday and got four 3 gallons jugs of water for bathing stuff.

Maybe someone here can cheer me up...

I don't even know what you guys are talking about, but go ahead and P.M me too =P. I'll check it out and read the conversation in the morning

In terms of teams for male characters, it's no contest. Gamagoori dominates. #TeamGamagori.
Mikisugi and Sanageyama reach the top 3.
for the female characters, Mako barely beats Nonon for third place, while Ryuko and Satsuki are fighting for first. Don't know yet which I like the most yet.

I really hope so. This was incredibly unsatisfying.

SO I just watched the OVA while you guys were talking and it's basically WE DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO PUT THIS IN THE SHOW: THE ANIMATION.
Senketsu gets a proper-er sendoff, the Elite Four deal with the horrible atrocities they committed for the greater good, and Satsuki finds a new purpose in life.
It's pretty much just an episode.

360pages

Shit, I know that feeling of wasted time and money all too well. Sorry to hear that, though.

If we can get the old one welded, then that would be nice, if we can make the new one work than that's good too. I can't do anything about now, so I'll just wait until tomorrow.

Zenfalcia

I would have been satisfied with 5 more minutes =P. As long as was needed to finish off everything more properly.

TTGL is absolutely perfect in that regard and it was amazing how they pulled that off. The final scenes lasted exactly as much as they needed to, the dialog was perfect, music was perfect, tone was perfect, everything was just fucking sublime! Was hoping they'd pull it off again.

But again, I'm making the mistake I mentioned before by comparing them. KLK's ending is good, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

Go watch the ova then!

I didnt like it, but you might.

Yeah, you cant compare KLK to TTGL at all. Sure they have similarities, but they're fairly different.

Zenfalcia

I will try it out for myself. If I don't like it, no harm done.
I was specifically talking about how well the two shows manage to pull of certain themes, in which case they are somewhat comparable, but you're right and it's still a mistake to do so. Either way, I really liked the show and I'm glad I watched it!

Good night frienders! And remember,
don't lose your way in your mind!

You'll probably like it.

Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom