• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
Good morning Gaf.

How're we doing today?

I was under the impression that I can't handle being happy , but I then I listened to some TTGL music, and everything is fine now. I have watched some clips from the P4 anime. Wow, that scene in the club. You where right, Yu is great! Such confidence! I wish I was like him...

Melee was stolen by Sakurai from everyone's homes in order to make people realize it was the worst one of them all.

Mine is fiercely guarded by my attack fish and fireproof lockbox.

Now to make everyone mad.

tumblr_inline_nf1bdia4xX1qculnj.png

Regular old pony comics right? Wait, who's that eating ramen in the background?

tumblr_inline_nf1blfaMpT1qculnj.png

Kill la Kill confirmed for ponies.

tumblr_mwznnhlAB91ri2kwbo1_500.png

The pony comics do this all the time, they're actually very well written.

Xiraiya

Morning everyone. I'm watching the FNF and it made me realize I missed out when my parents bought me a PS2 instead

I don't know, the Gamecube didn't have too many noteworthy games, I often felt like I would have enjoyed a PS2 more, but the games I did play on Gamecube were all amazing.

MGS: Twin Snakes (It kills me it never got a PS2 release to fit in with 2 and 3)
Eternal Darkness (Still the best survival horror I've ever played)
Smash Bros. Melee
Bloody Roar Primary Fury (Fun as hell but I enjoyed Soul Calibur more)
Animal Crossing (Insanely addicting)

I lost my copy of Melee and I have no idea when I did or where it is. Fucking bullshit.

I never even liked Melee that much. I always preferred Brawl. Of course, Melee had Mewtwo in it and I thought he was the coolest guy ever who didn't afraid of nuthin when I was younger

croten

GC really had one of the better libraries of games when you exclude console exclusives like Halo or DMC.

GC got the better RE4, Viewtiful Joe, a lot of the really fun third party games like NBA Street and

The gamecube version of RE4 was better? I had the PS2 version and it was great.

Xiraiya

The gamecube version of RE4 was better? I had the PS2 version and it was great.

RE4 on Gamecube probably looked slightly better as it was a stronger console, it was made for the GC first as well so that's not really surprising that the experience was probably noticeably better for some people.

I decided to finally give the PC version of Deadly P the time of day, and I'm trying to finish the story as fast as possible. Currently at the part where
you chase Annas ghost butt into the shadow version of Galaxy of Terror.
If any of you guys beat the game before, is it possible to reload specific chapters to finish sidequests after beating the game?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I decided to finally give the PC version of Deadly P the time of day, and I'm trying to finish the story as fast as possible. Currently at the part where
you chase Annas ghost butt into the shadow version of Galaxy of Terror.
If any of you guys beat the game before, is it possible to reload specific chapters to finish sidequests after beating the game?

Yep. In fact, you have to for a lot of them. Several of them can't be done during the course of the main story.

Xiraiya

A random thought about P4G, I think since they wanted to expand P4, they should have added Marie as an alternate Protagonist option, instead of a new sort of Love interest, I quite like her look and her character, but her existence feels intrusive and honestly annoying.

But then I had the thought of what it would be like if you could play as her in Yu's place, keeping the same story but you could tie in some differences relating directly to her.

A random thought about P4G, I think since they wanted to expand P4, they should have added Marie as an alternate Protagonist option, instead of a new sort of Love interest, I quite like her look and her character, but her existence feels intrusive and honestly annoying.

But then I had the thought of what it would be like if you could play as her in Yu's place, keeping the same story but you could tie in some differences relating directly to her.
A FeMC would make me go and buy P4G right the fuck now. FeMC in P3P is rad. The main difficulty requires rewriting a lot of scenarios and dialogue, so it's expensive to do compared to shoving a new character in, just every so often.

Marie's design is a bit outlandish for an MC, but I would've thought that would be cool too.

Oh and P3P cut out its anime cutscenes. A FeMC would need her own cutscenes, or would need to be done in engine.

Xiraiya

A FeMC would make me go and buy P4G right the fuck now. FeMC in P3P is rad. The main difficulty requires rewriting a lot of scenarios and dialogue, so it's expensive to do compared to shoving a new character in, just every so often.

I don't know, with how they went about doing P4 I really don't think it would have been that much more work than adding in her subplot, a scene here and there to start her story a bit differently (Or even the same way if they wanted, requiring even less work)

It's not like Yu is constantly referred to in a super defined sense until S-link stuff is concerned, not that much of the game is voiced.

I don't know, with how they went about doing P4 I really don't think it would have been that much more work than adding in her subplot, a scene here and there to start her story a bit differently (Or even the same way if they wanted, requiring even less work)

It's not like Yu is constantly referred to in a super defined sense until S-link stuff is concerned, not that much of the game is voiced.
They refer to the MC as "him" and "he" pretty often, and there's actually a pretty good amount of voiced dialogue. A lot of the scenes and vacations are based around him being male. Also the anime cutscenes, as I edited in before.

It's not impossible, and I'd like to see it happen, I just get why it didn't. Sadly.

ultimax

tumblr_ndntbtgWF11s4kvlvo1_500.gif

Xiraiya

They refer to the MC as "him" and "he" pretty often. A lot of the scenes and vacations are based around him being male. Also the anime cutscenes, as I edited in before.
It's irrelevant either way since it can't happen, but they felt it worthwhile to release an anime centered around her, so it's not like it was something they couldn't do, it was probably not even something that crossed their minds.

I think it says more about me than it does about the thread.
If you didn't post it, someone else would have.

croten

It's irrelevant either way since it can't happen, but they felt it worthwhile to release an anime centered around her, so it's not like it was something they couldn't do, it was probably not even something that crossed their minds.

If you didn't post it, someone else would have.

Well the anime is just a re telling of her events in the game. not much that's new, I think. Making a separate story mode would be a lot more difficult than the anime.

It's irrelevant either way since it can't happen, but they felt it worthwhile to release an anime centered around her, so it's not like it was something they couldn't do.
If you want to see them basically accomplish your idea, the P3P FeMC is really cool.

The anime seems more like a marketing thing for Golden as a game in Japan, since it sold well, than a serious project.
Also that's tapping into totally separate funding, and takes less time to send the basic of an anime to a different animation studio than to pull workers to go in and spend time to edit the existing P4's code in depth.

Xiraiya

Well the anime is just a re telling of her events in the game. not much that's new, I think. Making a separate story mode would be a lot more difficult than the anime.

I wasn't saying it should be a different story, that would be bananas, it would have to be exactly the same, just with some re-recorded instances of gender recognition, most of it would be text based anyway so that's nothing.

In a game like that, when you look at how most RPGs handle gender differentiation in their files, I really don't think it would be too big of an undertaking unless P4 did it in an insanely asinine way.
But since they were willing to shift the story a bit and add a new important character, that to me says it all right there, she would be best served as an alternate protagonist instead of her current role, is my point.

It comes down to me liking Marie in concept but not in execution, so that's why I bought up that, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom