• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

Eh, they also bash on the wiiU in the vid.

Also, oh shit at your Singham Avatar.

singham-fight-1-o.gif

Someone's gotta bring law to this god forsaken place. Singham is the only one who can do it.
In the most badass way ever.

Village

It just feels really masculine which might stop female fans from buying it. I hope the car customization is friendly to car newcomers.

Thats a very large assumption about what women like and what women might be interested in in a video game. And an odd one considering is headlined by 3 bishies and supper buff dude that never wears a shirt so his abs are out all the time. Not going to say women are gong to flock to the game because of the protagonists, some women , and men would totally be into that. And there is no telling if those same men and women would be into car customization. So lets not paint in broad strokes

Majestic and shirtless

Well...some fucker went and burnt something in the apartment building and tripped the goddamn fire alarm. Again.

I like being able to live in an apartment by myself and not worry about roommates, but the shit I have to deal with sometimes...

360pages

Honestly, more games kind of need an all male cast. It might sound odd, but we do have more exclusive female cast more than male at this point. So it's weirdly refreshing they are taking that approach to it.

I don't except a bunch of people who don't like anime to say positive things about the vita

Several members have watched the old anime staples. It's funny watching them bring it up and get classic dad reactions from Geoff. I've mentioned before how one of them is now a voice actor working on Fairy Tail.

Zenfalcia

I don't know how you can continue watching RT. Different strokes I guess.

For their AMAZING gaming skills.
i like some of their humour and dumb stuff. Some of them are likable in really specific ways.

I've only been watching the mediocre to good LPs. It's like an addiction.

croten

Honestly, more games kind of need an all male cast. It might sound odd, but we do have more exclusive female cast more than male at this point. So it's weirdly refreshing they are taking that approach to it.

Not true at all. Skullgirls is only game I can think off with an all girl cast and that's ending soon with Beowulf

But the games are still fun.

You don't need to like anime to like a good rhythm game like Project Diva right?

Dumb trap mechanics seem way too fun not to try.

It might be fun but I'd imagine that they would end up passing it off as an anime game so they probably wouldn't play it.

Several members have watched the old anime staples. It's funny watching them bring it up and get classic dad reactions from Geoff. I've mentioned before how one of them is now a voice actor working on Fairy Tail.

Oh they do? I guess I'm stupid or something.

sjay1994

" I don't have a 3ds "

" because daddy only wants you to play good games"

Now I am questioning a lot of things.

Going to be honest, I can agree. The only game I have completed on my 3DS is AA5.

Nothing against the quality of the games, its just that I hate the 3ds build quality. Shit feels cheap and bothers my hands when I play it.

My Liam though never fails me.

croten

Oh god, that was them?!
Thanks, only in the real world, your stats go down.
Maybe he means FFX-2 as the all-female cast FF game (I think. Haven't played it).

That didn't come out recently, how many games do you play as a Caucasian middle aged man voiced by Troy Baker or Nolan North?

sjay1994

No one is saying it is.

Sorry. Went to vanilla GAF for a bit.

I love AC, but everything ubiplz about unity is really fucking ruining the game for me before I've even bought it.

The companion app bullshit almost broke the camels back for me.

Zenfalcia

" I don't have a 3ds "

" because daddy only wants you to play good games"

Now I am questioning a lot of things.

Geoff is super biased. I'm not gonna lie, he's terrible at most games and has questionable tastes to good tastes.

Nah but they said it would tho :(
for real tho, fuck that video

I basically only listen to the podcast now and attempt to tune out whenever they talk about gaming lol

I wonder who did the damn research, because they should be reprimanded!

I dont even listen to the podcast any more.. it's become too much of a dumb thing based on visuals and less of an audio podcast. Gavin and google was the last straw.

Thats a very large assumption about what women like and what women might be interested in in a video game. And an odd one considering is headlined by 3 bishies and supper buff dude that never wears a shirt so his abs are out all the time. Not going to say women are gong to flock to the game because of the protagonists, some women , and men would totally be into that. And there is no telling if those same men and women would be into car customization. So lets not paint in broad strokes

Majestic and shirtless

I'll try to broaden my knowledge of the female demographic. From what I saw of Free, the girls really liked it for the shirtless guys and the only knowledge I know about FFXV is the initial E3 Trailer and the dumb image meme floating around GAF. From what I could tell in the recent final fantasys, I was thinking long time fans of them would be more interested in the romance parts of it. While Tidus was nearly a shirtless guy, the ads that I see for the remaster was for the romantic scenes.

ultimax

How did that even happen? Like who ever watched "rage quit" and decided "wow this guy's voice doesn't make my ears bleed and should totally be a voice actor".
Oh god, that was them?!
Unfortunately lol. Not really surprising tho

Village

Going to be honest, I can agree. The only game I have completed on my 3DS is AA5.

Nothing against the quality of the games, its just that I hate the 3ds build quality. Shit feels cheap and bothers my hands when I play it.

My Liam though never fails me.

Its not even that, its like a parenting thing.

Like I dunno I would get my kid a 3ds even if I didn't like the 3ds, why rob the kid of the experience ya know.

What if they like it.

I dunno if I worked in the games industry, or rather when. Don't ask, and I have kids they can just kind of experiences everything they want. They want a game I think is bad, fuck it sure, as long as its not inappropriate for their age range or they can't handle it or something. Maybe I can learn why they think as good, and use that formation.

I dunno, why rob your kid of experience because of your preferences, just seems mean.

He's probably joking and I am reading way in to this, its just I actually know people who think that way.

sjay1994

Geoff is super biased. I'm not gonna lie, he's terrible at most games and has questionable tastes to good tastes.

I dont even listen to the podcast any more.. it's become too much of a dumb thing based on visuals and less of an audio podcast. Gavin and google was the last straw.

Well, yeah. Out of the AH guys, Ryan is probably the only one knowledgable about whats going on in the industry.

If people want to really lose their minds... watch the play pals of Geoff and Ryan playing Bayo 2.... where they just shoot the boss for 10 minutes.

Also, on a taste basis, I guess Micheal might have a taste more oriented with people on GAF. I mean, he does have a giant tatoo of Ocarina Ganon on his arm

tumblr_m1q41oDVi71qc2ley.jpg

How did that even happen? Like who ever watched "rage quit" and decided "wow this guy's voice doesn't make my ears bleed and should totally be a voice actor".

I believe he was conscripted to be a VA for RWBY and I think everyone was surprised he had very good VA and voice modulation. Atleast I was.

croten

Well, yeah. Out of the AH guys, Ryan is probably the only one knowledgable about whats going on in the industry.

If people want to really lose their minds... watch the play pals of Geoff and Ryan playing Bayo 2.... where they just shoot the boss for 10 minutes.

Also, on a taste basis, I guess Micheal might have a taste more oriented with people on GAF. I mean, he does have a giant tatoo of Ocarina Ganon on his arm

tumblr_m1q41oDVi71qc2ley.jpg

Pfft WW ganon or get out

sjay1994

Its not even that, its like a parenting thing.

Like I dunno I would get my kid a 3ds even if I didn't like the 3ds, why rob the kid of the experience ya know.

What if they like it.

I dunno if I worked in the games industry, or rather when. Don't ask, and I have kids they can just kind of experiences everything they want. They want a game I think is bad, fuck it sure, as long as its not inappropriate for their age range or they can't handle it or something. Maybe I can learn why they think as good, and use that formation.

I dunno, why rob your kid of experience because of your preferences, just seems mean.

Well Geoff is confirmed to be James Small

Got a Dreamcast instead of a PS1 or N64.

Zenfalcia

Ryan is pretty alright, he hates motion controls. So that was a little annoying in some wii/u LPs.

God.. dont remind me of the time burnie and monty played bayo.. it was so bad.. they pulled a dps and got stuck in thr grave yard where you jump off the edge.

Michael is fairly likable.

ultimax

Thats a valid complaint, I haven't listened to it in a while either just because i forget lol. My phone just auto downloads em.
Michael and ray watches anime. Very surface level, such as AoT and stuff. Unless they goy deeper recently and i didnt know.
I remember they were talking about Gurren Lagann and I've never cringed harder in my life because they had no clue wtf they were talking about

sjay1994

Ryan is pretty alright, he hates motion controls. So that was a little annoying in some wii/u LPs.

God.. dont remind me of the time burnie and monty played bayo.. it was so bad.. they pulled a dps and got stuck in thr grave yard where you jump off the edge.

Michael is fairly likable.

Geoff and Ryan doing bayo 2 co op is worse. Also, will agree with Ryan, I hate motion controls. I sympathize with him, because everyone but him gets normal controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom