• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okingjrr

I just realized that whenever a new thread's created, we blaze through the first few pages for a while, then it slows to a moderate pace, only to speed back up again when the thread's closing.

Possibly. He's great at his fight scenes. Did he do the directing for the CG in RvB drama scenes? Those were average at best. It may seem i hate their stuff.. it's just i have too much love for their stuff and expected too much from the trailers.

I believe he only did the CG action scenes. I'm not sure about the drama parts since I stopped watching it 2 seasons ago.

NAICE! Gonna have to check that out.
Also Emancipate yourself, tell the army: NO!

I don't know how the US Army works :p
I AM IN THE WORLD'S GREATEST AIR FORCE! SHOW SOME RESPECT, CIVILIAN!

I'm actually in the Chair Force. This job is the prime example that we do a lot less than people expect. I mean, people are out in the common area, playing Smash, while I cook. Ridiculous.

JoJo94

Like I said, I'm only at episode 7 right now and Ryuko's story is far more fleshed out than either of the other two. Mako is a relatively simple character and her constant hallelujah moments don't always work (also episode 7
slightly lowered her status a bit
, but in a conflicting manner) and Satsuki is still a mostly unknown factor at this point. If it changes later, that's fine, but at this specific point, they're significantly worse than Ryuko in my eyes.

I don't mind if you hint at around where my opinion might change. Halfway? 2/3rd? Near the end?

Really I think this is the episode where people started liking Mako...I think. Maybe halfway or just above it.

Her voice does not fit at all.

I get that Nigri has internet fame, but you should not be shoehorning her into any role.

Only thing I watch from her is her mail mondays since they are hilarious sometimes.

Like I said, I'm only at episode 7 right now and Ryuko's story is far more fleshed out than either of the other two. Mako is a relatively simple character and her constant hallelujah moments don't always work (also episode 7
slightly lowered her status a bit
, but in a conflicting manner) and Satsuki is still a mostly unknown factor at this point. If it changes later, that's fine, but at this specific point, they're significantly worse than Ryuko in my eyes.

I don't mind if you hint at around where my opinion might change. Halfway? 2/3rd? Near the end?

In a few episodes

This suicide squad movie is actually a thing?

Yup

Leonardo-Dicaprio-Oh-My-God-Fist-Bite-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

Possibly. He's great at his fight scenes. Did he do the directing for the CG in RvB drama scenes? Those were average at best. It may seem i hate their stuff.. it's just i have too much love for their stuff and expected too much from the trailers.

I had this discussion with my girlfriend earlier today about Monty and RT and I'm of the position where acquiring him was a bad idea. I'm neutral on his fight choreography, but it did lead to RT moving more and more to CG scenes and away from the classic machinima techniques in the earlier seasons. That's the stuff I love of RvB and why I think season 11 is one of the best since Monty came on.

Okingjrr

I AM IN THE WORLD'S GREATEST AIR FORCE! SHOW SOME RESPECT, CIVILIAN!

I'm actually in the Chair Force. This job is the prime example that we do a lot less than people expect. I mean, people are out in the common area, playing Smash, while I cook. Ridiculous.
So this is what I found when I looked up Chair Force, I'm sorry, it killed me.

The smell of a new thread gives everyone a rush.
Just like that "Real Blood".

Zenfalcia

I had this discussion with my girlfriend earlier today about Monty and RT and I'm of the position where acquiring him was a bad idea. I'm neutral on his fight choreography, but it did lead to RT moving more and more to CG scenes and away from the classic machinima techniques in the earlier seasons. That's the stuff I love of RvB and why I think season 11 is one of the best since Monty came on.

I agree, it was both a blessing and curse. It made it too heavily focused on the cg rather than clever manipulation of game assets. It did make some fight scenes great, but it was never perfect 1:1 and always jarring when they switched.

I'm still loving old RvB more than new RvB the humour was dumb but great.

So season 9 i think? They're on 11 now.

The free lancer stuff were interesting but i dont know.. something was off.

I felt really burnt out after all the flashbacks. It just feels like one of my shounen animes and I wanted more from that.

The aspect of going from the present to the future was the bad way of doing flashbacks since I care more about what happens to the gang in the present than the past.

Only thing I watch from her is her mail mondays since they are hilarious sometimes.
Her Mail Mondays are pretty good. I haven't watched one in a long time, but I remembered being entertained slightly.

She got a shitton of stuff in her room though. Jesus Christ.

Zenfalcia

I felt really burnt out after all the flashbacks. It just feels like one of my shounen animes and I wanted more from that.

The aspect of going from the present to the future was the bad way of doing flashbacks since I care more about what happens to the gang in the present than the past.

You wanted more of shounen anime feel?

it was fairly jarring to have them swithc back and forth so much. It might have worked if they did a side series/season just for the flashbacks.

JoJo94

Ah...all right. Considering I'm at episode 8, I'm guessing it's around episode 12. Wondering what it is. Does it hurt Ryuko as a character or just boost Mako and Satsuki way higher?
This? As in episode 7? I have difficulty seeing how. I mean, it does make her a "deeper" character, but only ever so slightly, whereas it significantly improves Ryuko. Or did you forget to mention the episode or link to something?

I think it's for a few reasons one that design, two the fact it does give her more character, three I think people just liked her silliness way more than they should have I am one of them. So yeah she just may not be the character for you no big deal. But the Satsuki Ryuko thing well I'll just wait and see with that cause I'm actually neutral on it.

Her Mail Mondays are pretty good. I haven't watched one in a long time, but I remembered being entertained slightly.

She got a shitton of stuff in her room though. Jesus Christ.

I'm surprised it never reached Zaibatsu levels of insanity

I'm very indecisive.

Trust me I know about that lol.

You wanted more of shounen anime feel?

it was fairly jarring to have them switch back and forth so much. It might have worked if they did a side series/season just for the flashbacks.

No I meant more from RvB.

I would have been fine with a spin off of how much Wash fucks up in freelancer. I didn't think they would go overboard with how shitty he was in comparison with the other freelancers.

360pages

I really need to finish Darksiders 2.

I'm starting to wonder if the game would have done better as a pure action game and they focused more time on the combat

Zenfalcia

No I meant more from RvB.

I would have been fine with a spin off of how much Wash fucks up in freelancer. I didn't think they would go overboard with how shitty he was in comparison with the other freelancers.

Ah, yeah. Too bad they couldn't keep the old style of dumb guys doing dumb stuff.

Newer seasons went back to old styles.

Yeah.. they had him seem like the caboose of the group while they tried to make him cool in the current time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom