• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

Thats a valid complaint, I haven't listened to it in a while either just because i forget lol. My phone just auto downloads em.

I remember they were talking about Gurren Lagann and I've never cringed harder in my life because they had no clue wtf they were talking about

I love the old podcast/drunktank, and relisten to them regularly. You should take them off, you're just wasting space :p

When did they talk about gurren? I havent ever heard them talk about it. It sounds awful and worst listenning.

Geoff and Ryan doing bayo 2 co op is worse. Also, will agree with Ryan, I hate motion controls. I sympathize with him, because everyone but him gets normal controls.

I'm half tempted to watch it.. but i'd die.

I think he's taking it too far, since it's not as bad as he says.

Zenfalcia

Its a junk food show, something I watch when I am eating.

Not as good as RVB. Nice action though, but voice are off mostly.

It's super rough and inconsistent too. Having black shadows as background people. I couldn't watch past episode 3.. the dialogue wasnt that great, from what i remember.

JoJo94

Fight scenes, nothing else.

This has been the most common thing I have heard

Its a junk food show, something I watch when I am eating.

Not as good as RVB. Nice action though, but voice are off mostly.

I heard a few voice clips and couldn't even make it through those so it probably wouldn't be for me at all.

Don't watch it. Season one is crap. Season Two.. is ughh.

REally it's that bad too you

So AH doesn't have a really balanced representation of video games going on, Ubisoft is bad at things, and Reboot is coming back to be shit and rain on everyone's parades. Glad I wasn't here for the last hour

Archgan

I still know a few people who tell me I should watch RWBY...I'm not going to but is it actually worth it.

I think that overall, Season 1 was like a 6 and Season 2 was a 7. Some episodes I would give an 8 but that is mainly for sick fights/dance scenes.

ultimax

Pew pew pew.
Shots fired

I dunno what Roosterteeth is so I guess I'm checking out of here for a few hours. Not gonna be able to post that Podcast OT until late tonight
SIT. DOWN. WHERE YOU THINK YOURE GOING FRIENDER?

I love the old podcast/drunktank, and relisten to them regularly. You should take them off, you're just wasting space :p

When did they talk about gurren? I havent ever heard them talk about it. It sounds awful and worst listening
It was on one of the podcasts, I can't remember which one considering there's hundreds lol

He must have practiced a lot then.

I just hope he stops doing those Rage Quit videos.

Yelling and screaming would just damage his voice.

I think he practices that, too. There has to be a safe way to do it or guys like him or Richard Horvitz wouldn't want to do the job. I think the guy from Avenged Sevenfold fucked his voice up by doing it wrong

sjay1994

That's good to hear. Is s2 better in quality?

Yeah, much better quality overall. Still has some animation issues, but the quality is greatly improved from the first season.

Also... look at this dog

onLyIIq.png

Its name is Zwei.

Best dog Woof/10.

Zenfalcia

Dont leave mrgoodwil!

It was on one of the podcasts, I can't remember which one considering there's hundreds lol

Mut've been a newer podcast or the internetbox podcast.

Yeah, much better quality overall. Still has some animation issues, but the quality is greatly improved from the first season.

Also... look at this dog

Its name is Zwei.

Best dog Woof/10.

What about the writing? The writing was really hard for me to digest.

He looks terrible.

sjay1994

Dont leave mrgoodwil!

Mut've been a newer podcadt or the internetbox podcadt.

What about the writing? The writing was really hard for me to digest.

He looks terrible.

The writing is.........

Jessica Nigri is the bad guy, so......

Yeah... just look the clips up on youtube of the action scenes.

I think he practices that, too. There has to be a safe way to do it or guys like him or Richard Horvitz wouldn't want to do the job. I think the guy from Avenged Sevenfold fucked his voice up by doing it wrong

Usually when you talk the vocal chords vibrates, but when you yell, scream and clearing throats, they smash together. It wouldn't sound authentic as it is if he doesn't smash the vocal chords. It makes sense from a VA standpoint since a lot of the time the yelling and screaming of an anime doesn't seem authentic.

JoJo94

So I just reached episode 7 of KLK and this has probably been the best episode so far. That being said, after this episode, I'm significantly more in TeamRyuko than either Mako or Satsuki, which I usually see here.
Ryuko > Satsuki >> Mako at this point. Maybe this'll change by the end of the show.

Thanks man!

You're welcome!!

and if it stays the same that's fine but you might see why people prefer the other two to Ryuko want to say more but spoilers so I'll stay quiet.

The writing is.........

Jessica Nigri is the bad guy? I knew she voiced someone didn't know it was the villain.

Zenfalcia

The writing is.........

Yeah, that's what i thought. The two writers are so average it's not great. Thanks miles and kerry.

What.. who thought that would be a good idea?

I plan to. The only redeeming features are monty's fight scenes.

All I remember from it was that miles was on it

Oh, i think i know which one that is.. about 200 something i beleive. Around last year september to winter.

Yeah, that's what i thought. The two writers are so average it's not great. Thanks miles and kerry.
What.. who thought that would be a good idea?
I plan to. The only redeeming features are monty's fight scenes.
Oh, i think i know which one that is.. about 200 something i beleive. Around last year september to winter.

Isn't Monty also the director?

He should have some part of the blame as well.

Zenfalcia

Isn't Monty also the director?

He should have some part of the blame as well.

Possibly. He's great at his fight scenes. Did he do the directing for the CG in RvB drama scenes? Those were average at best. It may seem i hate their stuff.. it's just i have too much love for their stuff and expected too much from the trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom