• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think its to optimistic that they would put in Little Mac? They could rip the 3ds version of him probably right?

They stated that they will not add characters that are in Smash 4

They want Project M to be different

Q9gQQnY.gif

Xux

Speaking of smash, does anyone miss Edge-hogging? I do, it takes absolutely forever to KO someone to the side who isn't above 150%
I don't. It was by far the worst part of the older games. I kinda like longer matches and would rather have something else as a "fix" if they were gonna do anything about it.

360pages

I don't. It was by far the worst part of the older games. I kinda like longer matches and would rather have something else as a "fix" if they were gonna do anything about it.

I think the main problem is that a lot of attacks lack K.O. potential in smash 4. Outside of some heavy characters that can kill you in your low 60s, a lot of mid characters lack that completely.

Pit and Dark Pit side B should be a lot stronger, but yet you need to be in nearly 200 percents to actually kill anyone with it.

I seriously don't understand why people want Ridley in smash. I get that there isn't enough Metroid representation but Ridley just wouldn't fit.

I just want them to do it to prove that Ridley could be a fighter in Smash.

Dark Samus would probably be easier plus they can easily maker her fundamentally different from Samus

Real talk, even as a joke, I find myself actually getting fucking sick of that phrase.

If I started using "The Zelda 1 of ________", do you think that would get people to stop comparing every single game to Dark Souls?

Because I feel the same way you do. I'm sick of the comparisons.

Fun Fact: I think Namco/Bandai owns the engine that produces those Dark Souls/Demon SOuls game, since Lords of the Fallen is published by them.

360pages

I seriously don't understand why people want Ridley in smash. I get that there isn't enough Metroid representation but Ridley just wouldn't fit.

All Metriod need is Samus honestly, I mean when both of your reps are just the same character then there is a problem. Though honestly, Metriod doesn't really have the right sized characters to be reps.

While I do like the hunters from hunters and the characters from Corruption, none of them should be in considering they were only in one game in the series compared to the other reps.

The only one I think really deserves a spot is Dark Samus...even then it's just Samus again.

Even Star Fox had more reps in it overall, and at one point, so did Earthbound,

Dark Samus could be different but SA-X is exactly the same

But SA-X is super hype though. But the whole "dark" thing is cool in the context of that character's own game, but not in a fighting game.

Well honestly who could you put into the game for metroid, I mean samus is the only character that does stuff that isnt a giant monster. Adam confirmed for Smash.

My guess would be one of the other bounty hunters in MP3.

Don't forget Toon Samus.

Gotta get Paper ZSS into the game also.

360pages

But SA-X is super hype though. But the whole "dark" thing is cool in the context of that character's own game, but not in a fighting game.

My guess would be one of the other bounty hunters in MP3.

Gotta get Paper ZSS into the game also.

One is too big and one is literally a clone character in the context of the story. Rundas is the only one I can think of, but even then he isn't really that big of a character for the series.

They probably want someone that had been at least 2 games in the series, unless the series doesn't have a lot of games to begin with.

That being said, I would rather have Ridely or them just be done with Metroid reps considering the only good one outside of Samus is either a clone of her or is too big.

Just put back Wolf in...He was hell of a less Clone than Falco, and Falco isn't even a clone anymore.

Hey guys what was your favorite Snake codec from Brawl? Mine were the one where Colonel Cambell keeps making fun of Luigi and hes just a Patriot AI, and the one where Otacon and Snake do FALCON PUUUUNCH! and FALCON KIIIICK!

ultimax

I don't get why people go ape shit for Ridley either. Isn't he supposed to be fucking enormous? Shrinking him down would kill the point.

One is too big and one is literally a clone character in the context of the story. Rundas is the only one I can think of, but even then he isn't really that big of a character for the series.

They probably want someone that had been at least 2 games in the series, unless the series doesn't have a lot of games to begin with.

That being said, I would rather have Ridely or them just be done with Metroid reps considering the only good one outside of Samus is either a clone of her or is too big.

Just put back Wolf in...He was hell of a less Clone than Falco, and Falco isn't even a clone anymore.

Well neither is Dark Pit or Roy, but but still made it into the games at one point. Its not about how big they are for the series, but whether or not their game is hot at the moment. And usually if they're not important characters in the series, they'll most likely just make a one time entrance as clones. Like Lucina, Dark Pit, Roy, Pichu etc.

Shorten the distance on some of the characters Up-B or make the edge sweetspot much smaller then. Having your opponent recover from the bottom of the screen to the ledge is heart breaking to me

360pages

Well neither is Dark Pit or Roy, but but still made it into the games at one point. Its not about how big they are for the series, but whether or not their game is hot at the moment. And usually if they're not important characters in the series, they'll most likely just make a one time entrance as clones. Like Lucina, Dark Pit, Roy, Pichu etc.

To be fair, Dark Pit was in one out of the two games in the series, and like Falco, he probably is going to stay while they make subtle changes to his character.

Roy you have a point.

Pichu...was a bad idea.

But even with that point, outside of his theme, Rundas isn't a super hot character. Nor is he really obscure enough to be used as a gag of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom