• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
ORACLE HYPE

No it's actually the best idea ever because then Marie doesn't exist and you get to hang out with the girls all the time instead of yosuke, who you can make your husbando and then drop like a sack of bricks

hanging out with marie ain't that bad
as long as you fast forward through her shit everything

Zenfalcia

I'd love for them to make Smash DLC set up so that Clones are like 5$ and real new characters are like $9 or so. I'd be down.

Nah clones are free and real new characters are $10.

I honestly want either Metal Sonic or Shadow as a sonic clone...

Maybe they'll add vanity skins/costumes.

You hope there are clone characters?

More like i hope there will be new characters regardless if they are clones or not.

Xux

It'd be funny if they pulled Lucas just so they could have him as DLC to coincide with a worldwide Virtual Console release of Mother 3.

More Project M hype, Link got dat fully playable Ocarina.

Skullgirls and now Project M, I'm loving this ''putting an instrument into your fighting game" thing going on.

^"More like i hope there will be new characters regardless if they are clones or not."

Yeah, I'm really hoping for Dixie and Impa, both most likely would be clones on the scale of Fox and Falco.

360pages

Dammit man! No one's got time for that waste of an LP!

I'd be okay with that, if a character I REALLY liked way more than the regular roster came out with a moveset that was identical to an existing character, I wouldn't really care as long as they made sense.

Hey, I'm not excited for the LP either, but...yeah nevermind I like Liam and Woolie somewhat as a pair. But the game they are playing is so nothing that I can't even be arsed to look at it.

And I also agree, I rather have a character be a somewhat clone than not have them in at all.

You think I wanted them to Cut Lucas, even if he was somewhat of a clone of Ness his character in Subspace and even in his own game made me enjoy it.

ultimax

No it's actually the best idea ever because then Marie doesn't exist and you get to hang out with the girls all the time instead of yosuke, who you can make your husbando and then drop like a sack of bricks

The real question here is, is Snake in it?
Better yet, let's have neither Marie or yosuke exist. Let's take out Ken from P3 while we're at it. Aww yeah 10/10.

snake </3

First time hearing about this

You know, with the Chrono trigger, DS 2, RE4 playthrough existing, the Zaibatsu better do a Persona 5 LP.
No more the excuse "We don't like playing long games" or "There's nothing to discuss when it's a good game".

We just need a Persona LP in General.

croten

You know, with the Chrono trigger, DS 2, RE4 playthrough existing, the Zaibatsu better do a Persona 5 LP.
No more the excuse "We don't like playing long games" or "There's nothing to discuss when it's a good game".

The RE4 one wasn't that long. Either way I don't think P5 would be interesting enough to carry a 100+ playthrough

I really want him to come back. If Crash can't I think Sir Dan Should.

ND is too busy with shoot bangs to make a Crash game. SCE probably is done with Crash anyways.

SCE Cambridge probably doesn't exist anymore for them to work on another MediEvil game. That and the sales are probably not that great.

Real talk? As a kid I had a demo disk with Medievil on it and I was so scared of it that I never left the first area because of the monstars

Medievil 2 is a markedly improved game, both in tone and in combat/graphics. If you can find a copy on PSN, give it a DL and try it. The tone is a little more cartoon comedy, less serious.

The RE4 one wasn't that long. Either way I don't think P5 would be interesting enough to carry a 100+ playthrough

I doubt a P5 play through would happen, I'd imagine pat, woolie and liam would all like to play through that game blind before recording themselves play it.

Xiraiya

They're just babies, I've been really enjoying the Giantbomb P4 Playthrough, I'd much more enjoy Pat and Woolie playing it though I think.

DS2 is really the nail in the coffin of that long game excuse, I will be so disappointed if they don't play DS1 eventually.

I MUST see Woolie react to that game.

Best Snake is in it.

With a big boss costume

Well yes. It's a mod for Brawl

Okay, so I was only very recently convinced of melee's superiority. Up until about a week ago, I just hadn't played melee recently enough to notice the difference. Then I played them both one after the other with someone who knew what they were talking about and all the new characters and final smashes and subspace emissary didn't seem like they were enough to make brawl better anymore. So now I'm downloading project m.

Xiraiya

YDkfFl.png

I did this in PS Years ago on a whim, not sure why I did it but I was kind of curious what a more badass Knight'ish looking Link would be like, so I fused him with Ike.

Would be an interesting thing to see I think.

I'd rather not see a Persona LP. Dark Souls is really long, but something different and new is always happening on screen throughout the whole LP. Persona is just hour long cutscenes and several hours of dungeon crawling, fighting the same enemies. Assuming that its structured in the same way as P3/4.

Okay, so I was only very recently convinced of melee's superiority. Up until about a week ago, I just hadn't played melee recently enough to notice the difference. Then I played them both one after the other with someone who knew what they were talking about and all the new characters and final smashes and subspace emissary didn't seem like they were enough to make brawl better anymore. So now I'm downloading project m.

I had someone who was like that, except he was being an arrogant douche, talking about the superiority of Brawl, even though he never played the first two games. I didn't own a Wii at the time, so we were still playing Melee, and he started bitching that he was going to play a downgraded Brawl, and that the games were the same, only Brawl was better and stuff.

At the end of the session, he was a changed man. Like Pat, in the Skullgirls Fisticuffs changed.

Oberon

Banned
They're just babies, I've been really enjoying the Giantbomb P4 Playthrough, I'd much more enjoy Pat and Woolie playing it though I think.

DS2 is really the nail in the coffin of that long game excuse, I will be so disappointed if they don't play DS1 eventually.

I MUST see Woolie react to that game.

The best part about the endurance run is that they're not used to games like that, and don't most GB hate anime. The Zaibatsu would be pretty much pat going "ngnn Persona! Rise is the best!"

The Korra episodes...so much misinformation from Liam...it hurts.

Is it as bad as Pat in the DS 2 LP?

Xiraiya

The best part about the endurance run is that they're not used to games like that, and don't most GB hate anime. The Zaibatsu would be pretty much pat going "ngnn Persona! Rise is the best!"

No they're really not that bad, I've seen the Zaibatsu be way more ignorant and judgmental, it was Jeff and Vinny, and Vin had played P3 and liked it, and Jeff enjoys the weird daily stuff, mostly they make fun of the localization which is actually hilarious.

It's fine, Pat did it and look at how much everyone loves him for it.

Actually, it isn't. That ruins part of the LP for me with DS2.

Pat is talking about most of the stuff he knows as an authority & Woolie is being led to believe only Pat's way of playing is the right way to play DS.

That bothered me when the Caestus' were switched out because Pat had a problem with it.

Pat is talking about most of the stuff he knows as an authority & Woolie is being led to believe only Pat's way of playing is the right way to play DS.

That bothersed me when the Caestus' were switched out because Pat had a problem with it.

About the caestus having terrible hitboxes? That's true. Played the whole game for myself and some bosses/enemies were way harder than they should have been because I couldn't hit them more than once. I had to even switch weapons when I
fought Vendrick because hitting his legs were impossible to hit

360pages

I just realized how long Storm 2 and 3 story modes are, both are about 8-12 hours long, which is pretty good considering they are pretty much Mini RPG's, but instead of random battles you just go from point to point doing fights.

That being said, those games aren't good LP material considering how long they are, and while they do give a few extra fights here and there so it won't be just a few big fights it would make horrible LP material.

I had someone who was like that, except he was being an arrogant douche, talking about the superiority of Brawl, even though he never played the first two games. I didn't own a Wii at the time, so we were still playing Melee, and he started bitching that he was going to play a downgraded Brawl, and that the games were the same, only Brawl was better and stuff.

At the end of the session, he was a changed man. Like Pat, in the Skullgirls Fisticuffs changed.

Yeah, I was never like that. I just was way more into the character selection and the vast amounts of content than I cared about the gameplay, which I considered completely fine. Personally, I still think that everyone who claims brawl is worse than melee for reasons other than gameplay is just lying to themselves, and I will never stop loving brawl, but the melee gameplay is so much better.

Oberon

Banned
No they're really not that bad, I've seen the Zaibatsu be way more ignorant and judgmental, it was Jeff and Vinny, and Vin had played P3 and liked it, and Jeff enjoys the weird daily stuff, mostly they make fun of the localization which is actually hilarious.

The part where they casted bufu ( you know which one) was hilarious!

That bothered me when the Caestus' were switched out because Pat had a problem with it.

I feel like Woolie knows, he did make a bit fun of him in the sunset overdrive video ( I think it was in that one)

Man I thought it was just a minor annoyance that Liam doesn't know that people can lightning bend in that world, but everyone is tearing him apart for it in the comment section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom