• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the best way to enjoy all their videos honestly. Trying to analyze too deep into what they say in their videos would just make it less enjoyable.

Now their podcast where they're actually talking about their opinions of games outside of their commentary for their videos, that's the place to talk about why their opinions are wrong and why Liam is dumb.
I miss Pat's more serious rants about things in stuff like Downcoming. It's infrequent, but when he brings up real complaints I'm always pretty impressed.
I think they wanted to dispel the 3/10 reviews it was getting by showing off how it's meant to be played, but I agree with you. I don't find this LP very interesting even though I really like Avatar and the game.
Ok. I can get that, but how it's going I don't think it's helping. I really wanted them to just show off some sick combos on a random boss. At least it'll be short.

...I only get the Uchi on Sorc/Faith builds...

I used the BSS on mine, but uchi is a good starting weapon until you can get one, which is hard to get until you have better rings/enemies for grinding on to get it to drop.

I miss Pat's more serious rants about things in stuff like Downcoming. It's infrequent, but when he brings up real complaints I'm always pretty impressed.

Well its been a while since they full LPed a bad game. Prison Break was their last one and that felt like such a long time ago.

I am a little confused why they thought playing Korra was a good idea. I know it's pretty recent, but that shouldn't factor into the decision of a good LP game. After having played it I'm surprised they thought game that's very restrictive on a first playthrough. Add in that they can't geek out over the show, and it's disappointing for people who don't know what they're watching or hardcore Avatar fans.

Maybe they wanted to show people that were skeptical on getting Korra because of the bad reviews that it was indeed worth their money. I was on the fence about getting Korra until I saw Max playing Korra on day of launch and then I wanted it. I think they were trying to do the same.

I don't want to start another shitstorm, but

I am a little confused why they thought playing Korra was a good idea. I know it's pretty recent, but that shouldn't factor into the decision of a good LP game. After having played it I'm surprised they thought a game that's very restrictive on a first playthrough. Add in that they can't geek out over the show, and it's disappointing for people who don't know what they're watching or hardcore Avatar fans. A quick look of a second playthrough would be much more impressive and impress people who don't know about the game.

Yeah... i Think the reason to make it was they wanted to prove the reviewers wrong. It should of been a One-Off.

360pages

I don't want to start another shitstorm, but

I am a little confused why they thought playing Korra was a good idea. I know it's pretty recent, but that shouldn't factor into the decision of a good LP game. After having played it I'm surprised they thought a game that's very restrictive on a first playthrough. Add in that they can't geek out over the show, and it's disappointing for people who don't know what they're watching or hardcore Avatar fans. A quick look of a second playthrough would be much more impressive and impress people who don't know about the game.

It should have been a one shot, they probably will be done the game in two or three parts. But it feels like it's just stalling for a more interesting playthough that they have planned. Neither know enough about the lore to talk about it ad the game doesn't have interesting cutscenes or set pieces like a lot of other action games.

I used the BSS on mine, but uchi is a good starting weapon until you can get one, which is hard to get until you have better rings/enemies for grinding on to get it to drop.

BSS is a fantastic weapon, on Dex builds, and Magic and Faith builds too, especially if you use buffs. Of course, I prefer the moveset of the Gold Tracer, but it can't be buffed.

Great Scythe is a weapon on where I acknowledge on how great it is, but despise the moveset.

Yeah... i Think the reason to make it was they wanted to prove the reviewers wrong. It should of been a One-Off.

I'm pretty sure on the podcast they said it was gonna be a one-off like Bayo and W101, until they realized that its actually short enough to just say "fuck it, full LP"

Its a short enough game that it'll be over soon for the people who don't like it

Thanks for the replies. I forgot about the bad reviews. I agree it would've been a better one-shot. Oh well.
Well its been a while since they full LPed a bad game. Prison Break was their last one and that felt like such a long time ago.
I'm hoping Evil Within gets more critical as it goes on. I like having moment-to-moment criticism.

I think Woolie may be salty at first but would eventually come to prefer DS1 more, because the controls and movements etc. are so much smoother and tighter, they're really on point, once he realizes that, it will feel amazing for him.

I respectfully disagree.

Although, I think I just suck at parry timing and that's why I can't parry attacks very often.

Maybe using another weapon that isn't a Battle axe would help that too.

I respectfully disagree.
Although, I think I just suck at parry timing and that's why I can't parry attacks very often.

I wouldn't call DS1 smoother, but everything does feel a bit less sloppy and more deliberate. The Battle Axe is a pretty bad-feeling weapon in DS1.

Parry timing is tricky between the different games.

I respectfully disagree.

If you suck at parry, go do a little bit of practice. You're in Anor Londo, so using the Silver Knights as practice is a great idea.

I wouldn't call DS1 smoother, but everything does feel a bit less sloppy and more deliberate. The Battle Axe is a pretty bad-feeling weapon in DS1.

Parry timing is tricky between the different games.
The parry timing in DS2 is far too strict, compared to the parry in DS1, which may be a little too loose.

So who's getting BlazBlue on Steam? I'm getting BlazBlue on Steam. You should all get BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. Why oh god why isn't Chronophantasma? BlazBlue on Steam.

So who's getting BlazBlue on Steam? I'm getting BlazBlue on Steam. You should all get BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. BlazBlue on Steam. Why oh god why isn't Chronophantasma? BlazBlue on Steam.

Is it Calamity Trigger? Doesn't that have no multiplayer on PC? Or at least issues?

I might get it if a bunch of you fiends get it, otherwise nooooooooooo

Have they said anything about online vs?

They confirmed that it's gunna have online- hopefully good online.

Man. I want Guilty Gear on PC with good netcode. Is that too much to ask for?
I'll buy BlazBlue on PC if the net code is good.

Even though this is an old version, I'm gonna buy it just to support Arcsys doing this shit, then maybe we'll get consistent PC versions of their games...
And maybe Ultimax but no shut up it's possible shut up.

Even though this is an old version, I'm gonna buy it just to support Arcsys doing this shit, then maybe we'll get consistent PC versions of their games...
And maybe Ultimax but no shut up it's possible shut up.
That's all I could ask for. Sounds like this port is being done in collaboration with some guys called H2. If this is a trial run and it goes well, I will support the fuck out of this.

Oberon

Banned
So I just saved a fly from drowning. I usually don't care much fir flies, but I always feel sympathy for living thing drowning. Because I hate being in the water ! In additional a have swimming class at school, it's tiring, my eyes burn and the worst part is, that I am practically blind without my glasses
you know why that's the worst

Back on topic,
I think prison break was a great LP, the whole Race war, sneaking shenanigans and Pat slowly loosing his mind, it's not.their best LP,but I liked it more than Rising.

I gotta do some research on any tier lists that are floating out there.

Oh yeah, I'm expecting a Friender tourney that weekend.

Please, no Johns.

So I just saved a fly from drowning. I usually don't care much fir flies, but I always feel sympathy for living thing drowning. Because I hate being in the water ! In additional a have swimming class at school, it's tiring, my eyes burn and the worst part is, that I am practically blind without my glasses
you know why that's the worst

Back on topic,
I think prison break was a great LP, the whole Race war, sneaking shenanigans and Pat slowly loosing his mind, it's not.their best LP,but I liked it more than Rising.

Fuck flies. You should have put it down instead of saving it.
No best friends moment will ever beat
Armstrong: I have a dream!
Me: What?
Pat: What?
Raiden: What?
Everyone loses their shit

You know what's disgusting? The beach costumes in Tales of Hearts R being fucking $16.

You know what's more disgusting? The fact that I just bought all of them.

Luckily it was with a PSN card someone gave me, so it was free, but still, what a waste of money that was. These costumes aren't even good.

You know what's disgusting? The beach costumes in Tales of Hearts R being fucking $16.

You know what's more disgusting? The fact that I just bought all of them.

Luckily it was with a PSN card someone gave me, so it was free, but still, what a waste of money that was. These costumes aren't even good.
Buying costumes shows you have a problem, but I've spent like 100 dollars on dota so what do I know.
Maybe there'll be news for HL3
Yeah like that will ever happen. I've kinda lost hope at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom