• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild Turkey. Oh god it is so good but boy does it fuck you up.

Almost got laid but started falling asleep in the bar due to being awake for 36 hours and drunk so I had to leave. I'mma pass out now. Nighty night.

What lying part of this man's brain told him he could finish off a 36 hour day with sex?

Guys it's been ten years since this came out with the raddest case ever.

dYbjyfu.jpg

I don't know how to feel.

Feel jealous that you don't own this.
B002ATY7JE_Boxes.jpg

The wishful part.
Aaron has insomnia

After 36 hours, it doesn't matter what you've got unless it's Blackout God.

I know, I just don't feel too good about bothering him. I'm sure he gets a billion messages every day, including tips, and I'm sure he isn't really looking for even more.

I'm pretty sure that the only ones he bothers to check are the ones from GAF. He mentioned something about it during one of their playthroughs.

Okingjrr

B002ATY7JE_Boxes.jpg

;_;
I remember back when this came out, I had money prepared to buy it while on a trip to puerto rico. But I had mixed up the dates and it came out the week after my vaction was over. I told myself, heh fuck it, I'll buy it later when the price drops.

Now I can't find it unless I have to pay an arm and a leg ;_;

;_;
I remember back when this came out, I had money prepared to buy it while on a trip to puerto rico. But I had mixed up the dates and it came out the week after my vaction was over. I told myself, heh fuck it, I'll buy it later when the price drops.

Now I can't find it unless I have to pay an arm and a leg ;_;

I own $250 of the best three games in Nintendo history(I am prepared to defend this), and I didn't pay a dime for it- my parents got it for me for christmas back when it came out.

B002ATY7JE_Boxes.jpg

After 36 hours, it doesn't matter what you've got unless it's Blackout God.
I have a friend who owns it. Played his copy as my first experience of the Prime series. 1 and 3 are really good.
I know, I just don't feel too good about bothering him. I'm sure he gets a billion messages every day, including tips, and I'm sure he isn't really looking for even more.
All you have to do is make is clear what your message is in the title, and acknknowledge it could be far too late for this advice to kick in.

Okingjrr

I own $250 of the best three games in Nintendo history(I am prepared to defend this), and I didn't pay a dime for it- my parents got it for me for christmas back when it came out.

It's kinda hard for me to ask my parents for a video game especially when I have job and am away from home.
I'll get it one day, maybe.

Well they're all good, and none of them are Other M. So that's cool. I'll admit I never beat 2 or 3.

I do think I like 2D Metroid better than Prime, and I think that's just preference. (Until like 1-2 years ago I'd never played Metroid,)

Zero Mission and Fusion da bes.Super also amazing. Where is our Metroid game, Nintendo? Where? I know you have it. I'll buy it if you let me!

It's kinda hard for me to ask my parents for a video game especially when I have job and am away from home.
I'll get it one day, maybe.

It's okay, you can still play all three games. Nothing special about the trilogy except that all three get the wii controls.

Squishy3

So the new sonic games are a tie in with a new show?

So that's why it's so meh and crappy!
The show actually looks decent from a kids show perspective. The games are just shit. (Which isn't surprising, considering the games have been shit for the better part of a decade)

Metroid has always had a pretty cool look on Gamecube and so on, but I've never had any attachment to the series at any point.
The Wii controls are actually awesome. Flicking to jump instead of using bomb jumps is fun,
Lol
Done. Apologized in advance as well. Hope he doesn't mind.
At worst he can read the title and ignore it. Hopefully he finds out.
Also, I realize, He did say he has to replay up to that point, so maybe he'll realize what he should upgrade when he has to replay the game to where it crashed.

croten

Well they're all good, and none of them are Other M. So that's cool. I'll admit I never beat 2 or 3.

I do think I like 2D Metroid better than Prime, and I think that's just preference. (Until like 1-2 years ago I'd never played Metroid,)

I've actually never gotten into the prime games. I played 1 a bit but I didn't see so special about it compared to 2D Metroid games.

My only experience with the prime series is an acquaintance renting it when it came out and watching as he couldn't get past the first door in the game because he did not think to shoot it but would not let anyone else play.

Yeah, you're right. Hope it helps and if not, that's fine. My main concern is to not add to the list of bothersome shit they probably come across.
I'm sure at the least he wouldn't mind somebody being nice about it. Whiny children on YouTube are the big offenders, since the tone is "Why aren't you doing better!"
My only experience with the prime series is an acquaintance renting it when it came out and watching as he couldn't get past the first door in the game because he did not think to shoot it but would not let anyone else play.

I'm sure at the least he wouldn't mind somebody being nice about it. Whiny children on YouTube are the big offenders, since the tone is "Why aren't you doing better!"

No but do better though

Huh, when I first played through the game as a babby that didn't know better I couldn't get through the first door either.

ultimax

Not at all! Taking the "uh" and "uhm" out of speech actually seems to give a better impression, like you're actually seriously thinking about a response instead of trying to eat up time.
:p
It really is the most useful thing I've learned

Thanks! But the biggest problem I have is that French isn't my first language, so when I forget a word, I have a hard time finding another one.
I'll try to not care too much.
French huh? Well I can't really help you there lol. Good luck friender. Screw what your other classmates think

Okingjrr

Thanks! But the biggest problem I have is that French isn't my first language, so when I forget a word, I have a hard time finding another one.
I'll try to not care too much.

Ah, la langue française! Despite being French myself, my first language is actually English.
For my French presentations, I practice a lot more, because it's a monotonous way of speaking. Coming off as a dynamic person demands more work.

Try finding synonyms of the harder words you think you might forget.

I recently did something similar where I couldn't find a certain word, so I said every synonym I could find until I remembered the word. For the audience, it came off as an attention grabber instead of me fumbling around looking for a word, the illusion of making a very important point out of nothing.

JoJo94

Been out of Gaf for a bit anything serious happen while I was gone. Saw a few Realgaf moments.

Also I see you changed your avatar a bit Maragi. What did you think of it overall? Kill la Kill I mean.

croten

Bad at photoshop, so it looks bad, but whatever. But anyway, I liked it quite a bit. The final episode was somewhat anticlimactic, but the previous few episodes made up for it. Overall it's a solid show with a rough start, but once you get going, it manages to pull you in quite well. Also the OST is amazing.

Did you watch the OVA?

JoJo94

Bad at photoshop, so it looks bad, but whatever. But anyway, I liked it quite a bit. The final episode was somewhat anticlimactic, but the previous few episodes made up for it. Overall it's a solid show with a rough start, but once you get going, it manages to pull you in quite well. Also the OST is amazing.

Okay, glad to see you didn't lose your way at the start. Happy to see you liked it was worried us hyping it up may have ruined it a bit for you.

Ost is great!!!

Okay, glad to see you didn't lose your way at the start. Happy to see you liked it was worried us hyping it up may have ruined it a bit for you.

Ost is great!!!

If you see the whole thing in order, the pacing and the escalation work well enough that the show hypes itself up.

Oberon

Banned
Ah, la langue française! Despite being French myself, my first language is actually English.
For my French presentations, I practice a lot more, because it's a monotonous way of speaking. Coming off as a dynamic person demands more work.

Try finding synonyms of the harder words you think you might forget.

I recently did something similar where I couldn't find a certain word, so I said every synonym I could find until I remembered the word. For the audience, it came off as an attention grabber instead of me fumbling around looking for a word, the illusion of making a very important point out of nothing.

I am the most comfortable when I speak German. I had a German presentation, and I was so shilled.
I have a hard time speaking loudly in french, it's because of the mouth movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom