• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Maybe. I hate the cold, but I wanna play in the snow.

They kept being off topic and complaining about 30fps instead of 60fps in that thread.

I've never touched snow. Snow looks pretty cool to play in
pun intended motherfuckers

Yeah I thought Hyper Light Drifter would be in 60 (and now I've admitted to not following the game). It seems really strange why it would be in 30, other Game Maker games can hit 60 no problem, and sprite animation isn't a problem since you can just draw out frames twice as long but keep all the logic at 60fps, no need to draw more sprite frames.

Okingjrr

You're pushing it with the avatars, man. I don't mind it at all, but let's just hope Bish doesn't either.
Soon.
zYAoc.png

Zenfalcia

You're pushing it with the avatars, man. I don't mind it at all, but let's just hope Bish doesn't either

Yeahh... It's really skirting the edge.. i'll see everyone's general reaction and scale it if it gets too bad.

Might as well start the with an on-topic topic. How big does everyone think the TBF will get? Will they get some staff or stay a 4 person operation?

Shhh.. keep it down! Bish might hear you!

croten

Yeahh... It's really skirting the edge.. i'll see everyone's general reaction and scale it if it gets too bad.

Might as well start the with an on-topic topic. How big does everyone think the TBF will get? Will they get some staff or stay a 4 person operation?

Well they didn't start off as a 4 person group so there is no reason they couldn't expand. They used to be Two Best Friends but now they're the Super Best Friends so they could add more people if they wanted too.

Zenfalcia

Well they didn't start off as a 4 person group so there is no reason they couldn't expand. They used to be Two Best Friends but now they're the Super Best Friends so they could add more people if they wanted too.

Kinda like a super hero group of low level e-celebs? What else are we missing? The cyclops of the x-friends?

I hope they add Billy. I miss Billy.

People got really bad reactions when Liam showed up in the New Super Mario Bros game, and they responded with why shouldn't we add this guy? He's super great.

One day they will be as big as Giant Bomb

Gamer Y

Maybe as big as Giant Bomb, maybe alittle smaller, but they seem to be doing alright for themselves. Honestly, I can't see them adding anyone, if anyone they should add someone for FPS, they don't have of that on their channel.

Zenfalcia

They might expand in the future, just like they've expanded in the past, though the zaibuttsu fanbase is a fickle and occasionally retarded bunch, so nothing can be said for sure. The 4-guy dynamic is working incredibly well for now. That being said, they are merely an LP group (and not a review/news/whatever site like Giantbomb and the like), so unless they somehow manage to catch the attention of the general populace, they'll probably stay at a similar size they have now.

Yeah. They'd need to really expand and become really popular for them to grow their channel to become a business. Selling t-shirts and merch isn't the best business model.

I thought Liam first appeared in Metroid Fusion?

I feel like he was earlier, just not as promiment.

I was thinking of that exact picture with bish. I didnt expect my avatar to be used. XD

Oberon

Banned
KLKs served a purpose outside of just fapservice, Needless just likes to remind you that the main character is a pedophile

I think the tasteless part is that he's a priest

Well Frienders... I just turned 20....

Now what...

Wow, try to not overdo yourself Gramps,
Ahh, it's great to still have your youth!
I am 18, and I'll be 20 when I graduade from high school,,,,

croten

Yeah. They'd need to really expand and become really popular for them to grow their channel to become a business. Selling t-shirts and merch isn't the best business model.

I feel like he was earlier, just not as promiment.

I was thinking of that exact picture with bish. I didnt expect my avatar to be used. XD

I'm certain he was introduced in the metroid fusion playthrough although I do remember them talking about Liam before hand

Zenfalcia

Maybe as big as Giant Bomb, maybe alittle smaller, but they seem to be doing alright for themselves. Honestly, I can't see them adding anyone, if anyone they should add someone for FPS, they don't have of that on their channel.

But SBF dont even do game reviews or fully dedicate themselves to their channel and content. They might add behind the scenes people. Like people who cut videos etc.

I think the tasteless part is that he's a priest

I think that adds even more to the joke, but at a point it becomes too much.

croten

But SBF dont even do game reviews or fully dedicate themselves to their channel and content. They might add behind the scenes people. Like people who cut videos etc.

What do you mean they don't fully dedicate themselves? They've all quit their jobs to work on it, that's as dedicated as you can get.

Zenfalcia

What more could they do to dedicate themselves to the channel?

Woolie, liam, and matt all work normal jobs including the channel. As finacially terrible it'll be, they ccould qiit their jobs and only do channel stuff.

Edit: welp, i guess my info is really old.

What do you mean they don't fully dedicate themselves? They've all quit their jobs to work on it, that's as dedicated as you can get.

they did? Sorry, I never knew. I always thought they were still working normal jobs. When did they quit their jobs?

croten

Woolie, liam, and matt all work normal jobs including the channel. As finacially terrible it'll be, they ccould qiit their jobs and only do channel stuff.

Edit: welp, i guess my info is really old.

they did? Sorry, I never knew. I always thought they were still working normal jobs. When did they quit their jobs?

Mat and Pat did it a while ago, Woolie and Liam revealed they were at Con bravo I think.

P3 is still going strong, Ken just moved in to the dorm on 7/25, how much is left of the game?
And how do you check the description of your persona's skills? I don't even know what 75% of them even do unless i go in the battle and highlight them

Zenfalcia

Mat and Pat did it a while ago, Woolie and Liam revealed they were at Con bravo I think.

Hmm.. i wonder how much they make total.. maybe the tbf wiki will have that info.. maybe.

P3 is still going strong, Ken just moved in to the dorm on 7/25, how much is left of the game?
And how do you check the description of your persona's skills? I don't even know what 75% of them even do unless i go in the battle and highlight them

You memorize them or look them up on a wiki. You still got more game play to go through, domt worry.

Zenfalcia

"PAT DIDN'T GIVE X GAME A 10/10!? What a piece of shit who lacks journalistic integrity! Sell-out, corrupt assholes! Imma send death threats, that'll show 'em!"

I forgot about the super ontime top tens. XD i guess i was thinking like of an article about the game anf breaking it down, like a game reviewer loke giant bomb would do.

Not sure but Woolie said something around 40K. I think that was each though

Sounds about right from what i estimated.

"PAT DIDN'T GIVE X GAME I LIKE A 10/10 AND INSTEAD GAVE 9.5/10!? What a piece of shit who lacks journalistic integrity! Sell-out, corrupt assholes! Imma send death threats, that'll show 'em!"

Wouldn't that be the opposite of selling out? They are actually giving it a lower score, so wouldn't that mean they aren't accepting money from Devs?

"PAT DIDN'T GIVE X GAME I LIKE A 10/10!? What a piece of shit who lacks journalistic integrity! Sell-out, corrupt assholes! Imma send death threats, that'll show 'em!"

If you didn't get a death threat, you ain't reviewing games right.

A job like that must suck. Cool you get to play video games for a living, but the viewership is very hyperbolic and full of assholes.

Oh, controversial opinion, I think new Sonic isn't as bad as sonic 06. New sonic just look and plays dull and boring. I kind of understand why there was a review embargo, and it has to do with 20 to 30 something's like GG or Giant Bomb planning To make videos to shit on what appears to be a children's video game.

Gamer Y

Oh, controversial opinion, I think new Sonic isn't as bad as sonic 06. New sonic just look and plays dull and boring. I kind of understand why there was a review embargo, and it has to do with 20 to 30 something's like GG or Giant Bomb planning To make videos to shit on what appears to be a children's video game.
It seems fine for all the controversy behind it. But I've only seen GG play it so that's not much to go on. Has anyone here played it yet?

croten

Tbh, they're just as harsh as GG.

No wonder biogamergirl exists. Parents don't want to listen to someone like Arin or a GB person to decide if sonic is a game worth getting for their kid.

Hey kids deserve better, I played Ratchet and Clank as a kid and those games were awesome

demidar

The site IS a joke, but apparently parents do take it seriously.
At least parents who didn't grow up playing video games.

How frightening. How would parents even find that site though? They would get totally buried on Google search by the behemoths of games review outlets.

OT
Tommorow I have two presentation, I have to talk in front of my class, and I am really bad at that...
Any advice?

Try and not give a damn, then you won't feel the need to do well and that will lessen your nerves. But you still need to have an in-depth knowledge of the subject you're speaking about, or failing that some flash cards if they'll let you have those that'll enumerate key points so you don't lose your flow.

Squishy3

I'm watching the second part of TEW LP and I almost screamed "NOOOOOO" when Matt told Pat to upgrade melee. I'm fighting the powerful urge to bother Pat with a small list of tips over P.M.
Matt's secretly the best and is just telling Pat to do it now for his future post-Akumu playthroughs with the brass knuckles!

I'm watching the second part of TEW LP and I almost screamed "NOOOOOO" when Matt told Pat to upgrade melee. I'm fighting the powerful urge to bother Pat with a small list of tips over P.M.

Didn't Pat say fuck it though, and upgraded his pistol damage?

OT
Tommorow I have two presentation, I have to talk in front of my class, and I am really bad at that...
Any advice?

Stand in front of a mirror and run through the talk for like, an hour. Also zone out on actually looking at the class unless your professor grades you on some "engagement" shit like that.

Okingjrr

We probably will see along side The Last Guardian
Aw man, any minute now.

OT
Any advice?

Pratice, practice, practice!
If you have a timeframe to respect, I suggest you first practice the whole presentation while timing yourself and on the second try, cut down on what's unnecessary.
Don't learn the whole thing word for word! It can make you stress if you forget something. Remember the big lines of what you're saying and improvise.
Throw in a joke or two, people love em and they reinvigorate their attention.
Take your time! Don't try to go through what you have to say super quickly, you lose the audience when they can't keep up.
On the flip side, depending on the language of the presentation, you'll have to work on keeping yourself dynamic. Play with your voice, take it up and down. Pause regularly (2-4 sec).

Now some people don't like em, but I think that having a little "business hands" could help underline the important things you're saying.

That's my advice. Good luck!

ultimax

OT
Any advice?
also dont use time fillers such as "like" or umm". speak slow and take pauses instead. everyone here gave you good advice. btw, taking a public speaking class was one of the most useful things ive done in school. really helps get you over it.
It happened???

YES. AND ITS GREAT

ALSO, WHEN DID KNUCLES BECOME RETCONNED INTO A MEANHEAD?

I assume you meant Meathead and it happened when the writers didn't actually attempt to make anything meaningful out of the game.

also dont use time fillers such as "like" or umm". speak slow and take pauses instead. everyone here gave you good advice. btw, taking a public speaking class was one of the most useful things ive done in school. really helps get you over it.

Jesus I completely forgot about it. I've worked all the fillers out of my speech entirely after my public speaking class and boy are people impressed with that in interviews.

Gamer Y

Yeah I'm watching now.

Jeff was right about the framerate hit. That is unacceptable to any demographic.

ALSO, WHEN DID KNUCLES BECOME RETCONNED INTO A MEANHEAD?
I couldn't tell, my video was going crazy in the video quality.

when they decided to tailor it to kids I guess, kinda wish they hadn't done so.

croten

They've already played a third of it. All your optimal strats wont be useful until then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom