• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjay1994

speaking of isolation

>tfw your dream game ends up being your goty

NotViHj.gif

My dream game would be a batman beyond game designed like Arkham Asylum....

or phantom pain.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Picked up Toukiden for Vita today. It's suuuuuper good. Enjoying every second of it.

(And yeah, I know Toukiden Kiwami is coming soon-ish. It's fine. I only paid $20 for it, and I'm sure I'll get that much worth of fun out of it by the time Kiwami comes out.)

Zenfalcia

Picked up Toukiden for Vita today. It's suuuuuper good. Enjoying every second of it.

(And yeah, I know Toukiden Kiwami is coming soon-ish. It's fine. I only paid $20 for it, and I'm sure I'll get that much worth of fun out of it by the time Kiwami comes out.)

What's good about it? Gameplay? story? Art?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What's good about it? Gameplay? story? Art?

Gameplay-wise, it's Monster Hunter except a bit faster and with an expanded combat system. Think the Musou combat system applied to the hunting game formula. And more than that, actually, since there's other moves you can do as well. Like charging certain weapons for different attacks or aerial attacks and such. It's a really cool take on the MH system. EDIT: Oh, and the Mitama system is worth mentioning too. Over the course of the game you unlock Mitamas, which are basically the souls of legendary Japanese warriors that you can equip to your weapon to give yourself different abilities. These basically take the place of items in MH. Instead of health potions, you'll have Mitama that have a recovery ability, along with other attack/defense abilities. And there's like 200 of them to collect, so yeah, lots of variety there.

Story-wise, it probably does story the best out of any hunting game I've ever played, including MH. The story's still not like, super prominent, because it's a hunting game, but it's still really good for the genre.

Art-wise, the game is probably the best-looking Vita game I've played yet (though admittedly that's not many). Like, it looks REALLY good. Can't overstate that enough.

So yeah, just about everything about the game is really good, and it's the best MH-clone you're going to find on the Vita.

Zenfalcia

Gameplay-wise, it's Monster Hunter except a bit faster and with an expanded combat system. Think the Musou combat system applied to the hunting game formula. And more than that, actually, since there's other moves you can do as well. Like charging certain weapons for different attacks or aerial attacks and such. It's a really cool take on the MH system. EDIT: Oh, and the Mitama system is worth mentioning too. Over the course of the game you unlock Mitamas, which are basically the souls of legendary Japanese warriors that you can equip to your weapon to give yourself different abilities. These basically take the place of items in MH. Instead of health potions, you'll have Mitama that have a recovery ability, along with other attack/defense abilities. And there's like 200 of them to collect, so yeah, lots of variety there.

Story-wise, it probably does story the best out of any hunting game I've ever played, including MH. The story's still not like, super prominent, because it's a hunting game, but it's still really good for the genre.

Art-wise, the game is probably the best-looking Vita game I've played yet (though admittedly that's not many). Like, it looks REALLY good. Can't overstate that enough.

So yeah, just about everything about the game is really good, and it's the best MH-clone you're going to find on the Vita.

Hmm.. I looked at some art, and it really reminds me of a musou game and you say it's like a MH game? That's an interesting take. I assume you can only have so many Mitamas equiped at once.

You're playing on a vita, or vita tv?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hmm.. I looked at some art, and it really reminds me of a musou game and you say it's like a MH game? That's an interesting take. I assume you can only have so many Mitamas equiped at once.

You're playing on a vita, or vita tv?

Only one Mitama at once, yeah. Trust me, it works. Each one has four abilities you can use in battle (with a cooldown timer, though Recovery has virtually no cooldown). So you're not very limited with what you can do in battle. They all have specific focuses, like Attack/Defense/Recovery/Support, etc. And you level them all up, too, so there's a lot of incentive to replay stuff if you're looking to strengthen your Mitama. EDIT: And yeah, it's a straight-up MonHun clone. It's as much a MonHun clone as Sengoku Basara is a Musou clone (I swear Koei and Capcom just live to rip each other off).

Playing on a Vita 2000.

Zenfalcia

Only one Mitama at once, yeah. Trust me, it works. Each one has four abilities you can use in battle (with a cooldown timer, though Recovery has virtually no cooldown). So you're not very limited with what you can do in battle. They all have specific focuses, like Attack/Defense/Recovery/Support, etc. And you level them all up, too, so there's a lot of incentive to replay stuff if you're looking to strengthen your Mitama. EDIT: And yeah, it's a straight-up MonHun clone. It's as much a MonHun clone as Sengoku Basara is a Musou clone (I swear Koei and Capcom just live to rip each other off).

Playing on a Vita 2000.

No resource like MP? That's nice. What about weapons? Are there various types?

Hm. Ok.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
No resource like MP? That's nice. What about weapons? Are there various types?

Hm. Ok.

Yeah. Less than Monster Hunter, but enough that there's something for everyone. Longsword, Spear, Chain & Sickle, Bow, Gauntlets, and Dual Knives. They all have pretty unique movesets and are all really fun to use.

Zenfalcia

Yeah. Less than Monster Hunter, but enough that there's something for everyone. Longsword, Spear, Chain & Sickle, Bow, Gauntlets, and Dual Knives. They all have pretty unique movesets and are all really fun to use.

Sounds fun. How do they impliment the mosou part? I'm just thinking about it and is it there's little enemies to fight while there's a giant monster you're trying to kill or does it invovle capturing points?

Wild Turkey. Oh god it is so good but boy does it fuck you up.

Almost got laid but started falling asleep in the bar due to being awake for 36 hours and drunk so I had to leave. I'mma pass out now. Nighty night.

Oberon

Banned
Protip : don't watch Needless just before going to sleep. It can lead to very strange dreams...

HAHAHAHAHA. No.

They did talk on the podcast about woolie or matt being done with theirs and no one else was done with theirs.

I completly forgot about those!

Zenfalcia

Protip : don't watch Needless just before going to sleep. It can lead to very strange dreams.
I completly forgot about those!

It's fine. Just read/watch some nicer things to have nice dreams.

At this point it's better it never comes out or it'll ruin the joke.

Too much?
Later, first i wanna roll with these. I got too many others to choose from.

Edit: in other news, it's snowing, so that's nice.

Alright.

Apparently its gonna have a chance to snow for me tonight. I never get snow down here.

Anyone hear about Hyper light drifter being 30? I keep looking at that thread about resolution and they keep mentioning that its 30. Is it true? I haven't seen the actual game, so I'm not sure.

Zenfalcia

Alright.

Apparently its gonna have a chance to snow for me tonight. I never get snow down here.

Anyone hear about Hyper light drifter being 30? I keep looking at that thread about resolution and they keep mentioning that its 30. Is it true? I haven't seen the actual game, so I'm not sure.

Do you really want snow that badly?

30fps? or $30? I don't know what you're saying. There was the tbf video you could look at. If you haven't already.

Do you really want snow that badly?

30fps? or $30? I don't know what you're saying. There was the tbf video you could look at. If you haven't already.

Maybe. I hate the cold, but I wanna play in the snow.

They kept being off topic and complaining about 30fps instead of 60fps in that thread.

Zenfalcia

Maybe. I hate the cold, but I wanna play in the snow.

They kept being off topic and complaining about 30fps instead of 60fps in that thread.

"Vacation" up north and dress really warmly, you won't even notice the cold when you're having fun!

Ah, ok. For an action game like that more FPS would be a lot better, that's too bad that it's 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom