• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiraiya

4psNsR.jpg

Just got done re-watching this with better subs, such a rad movie, seriously though Pat and Woolie, watch Gintama.

They'd probably dismiss on account of its shitty generic art.

Gintama's style is really good though, in the 2011 episodes anyway.

Demi's right, Pat came in one day and just bashed on HxH because of the character designs, and didn't give it a chance at all, even though so many of us kept telling him how it's one of the best shonens ever.

^ I am very salty about that ordeal, but it's Pat and he hates everything so I got over it

Xiraiya

Demi's right, Pat came in one day and just bashed on HxH because of the character designs, and didn't give it a chance at all, even though so many of us kept telling him how it's one of the best shonens ever.

Because HxH looks like 80's ass, I really care about that series because it's super good and I can look past it, but the best looking character in that whole anime is easily Hisoka because he's drawn in a way better style compared to everyone else.

I mean really.

Oberon

Banned
You know, it's surprising how Incest there's in the books we read at school...
One even had Twincest! Seriously though, they even say that they do it to feel pure..

Because HxH looks like 80's ass, I really care about that series because it's super good and I can look past it, but the best looking character in that whole anime is easily Hisoka because he's drawn in a way better style compared to everyone else.

I mean really.

I agree about Hisoka, but you can't seriously look at Gintama, or whoever that white hair guy is, and say that he isn't the most generic boring looking character ever.

The point is that Pat would probably judge the whole series based on the design of the main character, and then you'd feel the salt.

^ I am very salty about that ordeal, but it's Pat and he hates everything so I got over it

I am but I'm still right. *smug smile*
Don't tell me Pat's the only one who likes Aubrey Plaza.
Yes, actually.
I'm way too black and too tall to be Pat :p

Us against the world. We need Shin Pat to join up.
She's a little crazy, it's fine though.

Xiraiya

I agree about Hisoka, but you can't seriously look at Gintama, or whoever that white hair guy is, and say that he isn't the most generic boring looking character ever.
The point is that Pat would probably judge the whole series based on the design of the main character, and then you'd feel the salt.

Really? I don't recall a Main character in something looking anything like Gin, he has a plain look yeah, but It's never come across as being typical or cliche to me.

Okingjrr

One even had Twincest! Seriously though, they even say that they do it to feel pure..
A Song Of Ice And Fire?

People love that wincest. What's the book titles? You know, for research of course.

Us against the world. We need Shin Pat to join up.

She's a little crazy, it's fine though.
index.php

Let's do this!
I can enjoy crazy,
most of time.

JoJo94

Woolie...just use the Greatsword...you're getting ruined.

I think I forgot to mention it here but my most recent DS2 build was a spear and straight sword build.

Oh, and can someone who's more familiar with Dark Souls explain why Woolie is using Life Gems instead of Estus? Doesn't it make more sense to use the healing item that can be restored?

Beloved

I know right I mean like Pat obviously needs super unique MCs to enjoy an anime, how can Gintoki compare to a super interesting and unique protag like him:

Xiraiya

To be fair, the concept of "Twincest" is something that I can at least understand in some way because of the idea of how twins are created and the bond that most of them share naturally throughout life, it's easy to see how the context of that bond could shift into something questionable.

I know right I mean like Pat obviously needs super unique MCs to enjoy an anime, how can Gintoki compare to a super interesting and unique protag like him:
Goddamn SAO's style bugs me so much.

croten

Oh, and can someone who's more familiar with Dark Souls explain why Woolie is using Life Gems instead of Estus? Doesn't it make more sense to use the healing item that can be restored?

Well life gems are so cheap that it doesn't matter. They're better for topping off small amounts of health

JoJo94

I think he's of the mind set to only use Estus for bosses or dire situations. Lifegems are good to use too, but not nearly as much as he is using them since using them is more likely to get you killed with it's slow healing rate. Elizabeth mushrooms take longer to use but heal so much faster.

To be fair, the concept of "Twincest" is something that I can at least understand in some way because of the idea of how twins are created and the bond that most of them share naturally throughout life, it's easy to see how the context of that bond could shift into something questionable.

We're watching you Xiraiya.

demidar

Really? I don't recall a Main character in something looking anything like Gin, he has a plain look yeah, but It's never come across as being typical or cliche to me.

Besides his cool clothes, Gin looks generic. And he doesn't keep interesting looking company either, a girl in Chinese-looking garb and a pair of glasses.

That was the best ending I could have expected. Wow.

If Pat shows up in here I hope he had a good, long talk with Woolie about this playthrough because shit is rough.

I was pointing out the logic.

Actually it also makes more sense since they'd hit puberty at about the same time and hey, there's someone with the bits the other person wants.

IRL incest is creepy as fuck, but fantasy stuff is AOK.

Everyone in SAO looks like that and we all, including Pat, watched it just fine, even if we all hate Kirito.
SAO is way more visually 'accessible' than HxH or Gintama.
IRL incest is creepy as fuck, but fantasy stuff is AOK.
I disagree strongly, but I won't get too upset over fantasy.
Like, we're not nearly at the point of Nuzlocke yet, but it's getting close to crossing that line.

What? This is actually entertaining. That's all that matters.

Oberon

Banned
It's a popular taboo.

Taboo?

Goddamn SAO's style bugs me so much.

I probably would be into my Twinsister.

Edit: way to start a page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom