• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I might have to catch this Dark Souls episode, but I'll have to do it tomorrow. Well technically today since it's past midnight so good night everyone.

JoJo94

Like, we're not nearly at the point of Nuzlocke yet, but it's getting close to crossing that line.

SKill wise maybe...however, they don't sound nearly as dead as though do during the Nuzlocke. I do personally wish Liam would come in to make Woolie gun-jump more since he has that weird Liam pheromone to control Woolie.

What? This is actually entertaining. That's all that matters.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not finding the playthrough all that entertaining any more, and I can't really accurately describe why. I guess I'm frustrated with Woolie? There are signs he can be good, and I know they do these playthroughs with time apart, but they should really warm him up to skip passed the "remember how to play" portion.

I probably would be into my Twinsister.

Edit: way to start a page

Xiraiya

SAO is way more visually 'accessible' than HxH or Gintama.

That sounds like nonsense because SAO looks like every other moe trashy ani- Ooooohhhh.

I resent comparing Gintama to HxH though, you may as well compare Bleach or Naruto to it in terms of visual accessibility, I mean it's a popular Shonen Jump anime actually on par with OP now apparently.

I think HxH is great but I refused to watch it for so long because I just do not enjoy those 90's looking Anime, aside from trusting my girlfriend's taste, it helped that the anime was new and of decent quality, new music, voice work etc.

Old Gintama though does look pretty old these days.

... I .... what!? You would be sexually attracted to your sister, just because she's your twin?

sloth-cat-shh-no-tears-just-dreams.gif

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not finding the playthrough all that entertaining any more, and I can't really accurately describe why. I guess I'm frustrated with Woolie? There are signs he can be good, and I know they do these playthroughs with time apart, but they should really warm him up to skip passed the "remember how to play" portion.

Ok, I understand being frustrated, but it's not like it's nearly as hard to watch as the Nuzlocke, that's way too far.

From the comments they made, this was the end of a really late session, Woolie is rusty, they probably needed content to put on the channel, etc. If that makes it hard to watch, you can skip over it I suppose. They do cut out when Woolie rams his head against a wall though.

Xiraiya

I've never watched any of the movies, are they tied any part of the series or can I watch them anytime?
Benizakura is just the movie version of the Benizakura arc, which was the first major "Shit has gotten real" arc in Gintama, so it's part of the series.

Be Forever Yoroyuza or whatever is and isn't connected to the series, it's technically a weird finale to the series but how canon it is, is debatable as the Manga has kept going, but Sorachi did write it, there are time shenanigans involved so you could say whatever it's plot was is irrelevant to the series because timelines, even if it's canon, I wouldn't rack my brain over it

Either way though, the movie is some real Gintama hilarity and feels with hype action.

I would really love it if they do a complete livestream like they did for nuzlocke.

That... would be pretty awesome. I don't think they'd want to do it offhand, mainly because they'd be worried they couldn't beat it or Woolie might be way too pressured, but it'd be really cool.

I'm sure the Souls elitists would probably dominate the chat though :/

Xiraiya

I saw some Lords Of The Fallen yesterday, that game looks like Blizzard vomited all over Dark Souls, which has made it look oddly similar to Dragon Age Inquisition.

Both have the exact same feel to them even if they play differently, I'm not a fan.

croten

That... would be pretty awesome. I don't think they'd want to do it offhand, mainly because they'd be worried they couldn't beat it or Woolie might be way too pressured, but it'd be really cool.

I'm sure the Souls elitists would probably dominate the chat though :/

They already dominate the comments

Xiraiya

spit-up-o.gif

Fucking hate Blizzard's fantasy style.
I like Diablo 3, but that's because it's Diablo, just like I don't mind seeing Warcraft with that style because that's how it's always been.

But seeing Dark Souls in that style just makes me feel sad, stuff like Dota and League of Legends and so on has really made me fucking hate it too.

Beloved

To jump onto the LEWD bandwagon

I have no problem with the idea of twincest either, seems more "natural" than any other kind of incest since you'd be the exact same age growing up together so it's like *shrugs*, they'd be equals and "incest" being wrong is a human construct anyway as it is incredibly common in the wild/nature

ie. anything that two people do that's consensual and not hurting anyone is their business

ie. anything that two people do that's consensual and not hurting anyone is their business

Basically, yeah. This goes for anything. Doesn't mean I can't actively dislike it in my entertainment media.

Humans are hardwired to avoid incest for reproductive reasons. We want a better gene pool.
Nah that ending was hilarious
I agree. That was amazing. If we get two more episodes of nothing happening I'll be upset, but this is pretty entertaining.
I think people are just sick of this playthrough now. I can see why, but it's ending soon enough.

Zenfalcia

Basically, yeah. This goes for anything. Doesn't mean I can't actively dislike it in my entertainment media.

Humans are hardwired to avoid incest for reproductive reasons. We want a better gene pool.

Hardwired? It feels more like a societal stigma that makes people avoid it. Like there's tons of stories about cousins almost getting married and then breaking it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom