• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to think I fought to keep the lewd away for you

giphy.gif

JoJo94

So far I'm mostly just neutral on her hallelujah, overly energetic behavior. I don't hate it, nor do I like it. I understand if people enjoy the silliness however, but I'm already growing a bit tired of it. I doubt I'll ever hate the character, but if nothing changes or the character development isn't good enough, I probably won't join Team Mako. I do like Satsuki so far, despite knowing little to nothing about her.

You mention "Satsuki Ryuko thing" as if there will be a single, significant event or revelation that might change opinions over these character. I'm curious what it'll be, but it seems like I'll find out soon enough anyway. Gonna watch episode 8 and leave it for now, as I don't like the show enough to binge watch it like I did Gurren Lagann.

Well I wasn't actually saying it like that I just meant how there is a split over who people like more. It's mostly Satsuki who people pick, and I have seen very little people pick Ryuko so you may be one of the rare ones.

Agent York

Neo Member
let's see what happens
Can somebody tell me why fanbases do this? Just... mix their series of choice with literally everything? It feels that I can't scroll down several rows of Google Image search on any subject without running into some sort of Pony mashup. Is it a compulsion? Is there some sort of collective itch to combine everything with everything, with no rhyme or reason why other than that its there? What is life?

sjay1994

Can somebody tell me why fanbases do this? Just... mix their series of choice with literally everything? It feels that I can't scroll down several rows of Google Image search on any subject without running into some sort of Pony mashup. Is it a compulsion? Is there some sort of collective itch to combine everything with everything, with no rhyme or reason why other than that its there? What is life?

WELCOME TO THE DATABASE

DATABASE

U LIVING IN THE DATABASE

WOW WOW

Crossover art to bring together their interests. Good counterpoint: EVA x Gurren Lagann art SWC posted.

cross overs are fun thats why

also

Mr.Towel

Can somebody tell me why fanbases do this? Just... mix their series of choice with literally everything? It feels that I can't scroll down several rows of Google Image search on any subject without running into some sort of Pony mashup. Is it a compulsion? Is there some sort of collective itch to combine everything with everything, with no rhyme or reason why other than that its there?

It's because it's two things. It's funny because it's two things that I like put together.

I don't get it either, but crappy tshirt websites make bank from it.

Because reasons.

Very important reasons.

JoJo94

Maybe, but like I said, I'm still at the very beginning. Satsuki is barely a character at all and Mako almost hasn't even developed as a character yet. I'm failing to see how either of those two are better than Ryuko, who has gotten the vast majority of all character development, at this very moment, so I'm merely guessing the rest of the show will improve those two characters.

...I have a weird feeling we may be over hyping Mako...

I'll just shut up now and let you watch though have a feeling I am messing with expectations.

Zenfalcia

Maybe, but like I said, I'm still at the very beginning. Satsuki is barely a character at all and Mako almost hasn't even developed as a character yet. I'm failing to see how either of those two are better than Ryuko, who has gotten the vast majority of all character development, at this very moment, so I'm merely guessing the rest of the show will improve those two characters.

Keep watching. You'll find out.

Makai Kingdom has a good dub and darkly funny dialogue. All I want is a main game LP. No unlockable content.

Ic ic. Maybe eventually when they run dry on games/content.

sjay1994

What the hell happened Cliff Martinez?

Guy does some good shit for Drive and a bunch of other things.... and this is the main theme of Far Cry 4

Thats like a Zelda game having a them that only says Hyruuuuuuuuuule Hyruuuuuuuuuuule

Agent York

Neo Member
Crossover art to bring together their interests. Good counterpoint: EVA x Gurren Lagann art SWC posted.
Yeah, but it's like, Eva and Gurren have the common point of Mecha so a crossover pic makes sense. What does Ponies have to do with Berserk, or Deadly Premonition, or Katawa Shoujo? Even the pic Glitches just posted with Jolynne and Ryuko has the common point of hair highlights, so their is some kind of humor in there. It's like what T-shirt sites do, where they just slap a Tardis onto something unrelated to Dr. Who and people eat it up.

I've seen that before as well. If I were to say that I enjoy Japanese games more often than Western games on average, even though I fully admit that the majority of games from both sides are garbage, someone out there is going to call me a weeaboo.

WOW WOW!

I've noticed that a lot of people just call themselves weeaboos, not ironically, but as a joke. Anyone that prefers anime or manga or Japanese games to the Western equivilants can call themselves a weeaboo as a joke, I've done it, and many before me have done it.

Okingjrr

I went to look for a what is life pic, and this was the first thing on Google images

25f.png

Fuck everything

Just FUCK
That text reminds me of Arin's meltdown during the GG Sonic 06 playthrough. Episode 30 I think, when Knuckles just sticks to the ceiling of the cave for no reason.

I went to look for a what is life pic, and this was the first thing on Google images

25f.png

Fuck everything

Just FUCK
ahh equestra girls

I remember my friends getting into a huge fight over equestra girls. One of them said it was a "slap in the face to the fanbase" it was pretty funny

JoJo94

Too much ponies. I'm bowing out.

We just went through this with Goodwill

YOU'RE HERE FOREVER. Try as you might you can never truly leave. We are always watching you no matter where you are. That weird tingle you feel in your neck that's us. The time you thought some one whispered your name that's us. You can never leave us...never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom