• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

nosebleed.gif

You love it.

There's a part of me that loves the zero suit, but my brain knows it's fucking stupid.

It's just fetish-y clothing she just goes around in, within Other M. That's dumb. She should be treating it like the two piece and not showing it, and she should only be seen outside the suit as little as possible. It's obvious waifu bait shit, and Samus is better than that.
/rant

It's great and dumb at the same time. You could argue future tech body suits for reasons. Sexy reasons and real reasons.

Village

The bikini? It's the only way to show she's a girl with NES graphics. It also isn't in a game that's shitting on her character the whole time, so maybe I'm biased.

If she was still a confident, strong woman in the suit it would mostly be a moot point. I think I'm more upset about Other M than the suit itself.

Then blame the writing. Don't blame the suit.

Yeah, everyone knows the true waifu bait is Wii Fit Trainer. I mean have you seen those stretches? the zero suit has nothing on her.
im kinda serious about maining her in smash 4 tho lol
Yo I played her on my friend's 3DS version, she's great.
It's great and dumb at the same time. You could argue future tech body suits for reasons. Sexy reasons and real reasons.
She had been in two pieces for most of the games before it though. They just needed a suit they could make her walk around in.

Zero Suit Samus in Smash isn't that bad. It helps that's she's just kicking ass and taking names and not whining about the baby.
Then blame the writing. Don't blame the suit.
The suit feels like it came out of that is all. It's an attractive bodysuit developed for Other M.

Loco4Coco

Yeah, everyone knows the true waifu bait is Wii Fit Trainer. I mean have you seen those stretches? the zero suit has nothing on her.
im kinda serious about maining her in smash 4 tho lol

Finally some WFT love, heard she's great but her grabs are bad.

It's just fetish-y clothing she just goes around in, within Other M. That's dumb. She should be treating it like the two piece and not showing it, and she should only be seen outside the suit as little as possible. It's obvious waifu bait shit, and Samus is better than that.
/rant
It doesn't hurt that Other M's Zero Suit, which I may, or may not own a figure of, is really badly designed.

If the Zero Suit was used as a second skin, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. But using it as regular clothing takes things a little too far.

The zero suit is seriously stupid, but that's what makes it fantastic. It's basically a plug suit.

Still prefer the two piece gym suit, over the zero suit.

Yeah, I like it in the sense of it being a plug suit, but that's just me forcing myself to deal with the fact that ZSS is never going away. Also prefer the two piece, and I'm always going to use them in Smash.

I hate ZSS and she's everything that's wrong with Metroid.
Anytime Samus is out of her suit, it's pointless and only serves as fanservice or Other M. Taking her helmet off is cool and dandy, but that's where it should stop.

It's a controversial opinion because people will say things like "You're just scared of strong females who know they're sexy" (if only I didn't like Bayonetta). Or they'll just go "But she's hawt!". People gotta protect their waifus.

/salt

I completely differentiate Samus and ZSS, mostly thanks to Other M.

Challenge them to a children's card game for it instead.

500a5o9.png

It doesn't hurt that Other M's Zero Suit, which I may, or may not own a figure of, is really badly designed.

If the Zero Suit was used as a second skin, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. But using it as regular clothing takes things a little too far.
That's my main problem with it. If it was shown half as sparingly as the bikini or two peice, I wouldn't mind.
/salt
I completely differentiate Samus and ZSS, mostly thanks to Other M.
I keep agreeing with you on things like this. Keep up your dedication to FMA being better too.
Well apparently there were a lot of people that bought a bunch of copies that plan on selling them for $200 on ebay. It probably won't get much cheaper than that for a brand new wii u.
That's the same price as a refurb from Ninty, I think. YMMV for anyone who still wants to try this too. Some Walmarts might be lazy.

Yeah, I like it in the sense of it being a plug suit, but that's just me forcing myself to deal with the fact that ZSS is never going away. Also prefer the two piece, and I'm always going to use them in Smash.

I hate ZSS and she's everything that's wrong with Metroid.
Anytime Samus is out of her suit, it's pointless and only serves as fanservice or Other M. Taking her helmet off is cool and dandy, but that's where it should stop.

It's a controversial opinion because people will say things like "You're just scared of strong females who know they're sexy" (if only I didn't like Bayonetta). Or they'll just go "But she's hawt!". People gotta protect their waifus.

/salt

I didn't mind the Zero Suit in Zero Mission, even though I thought it was weird that she wasn't in her two piece, or because she immediately dropped her armor after getting off of Brinstar. I thought it was fine there.

I hate it in Other M, not only because it is ugly, because it's not supposed to be regular clothing, and it is used in a freaking escape sequence, that made no freaking sense, which felt like the ultimate pandering job.

It felt like a cynical attempt at gaining some popularity in Japan, which isn't going to happen, as Japan has never, nor will never care about Metroid.

Samus is only a good female character because they barely write for her and when they do it's gotta be like fusion, completely dry and gender-neutral, or else it becomes Other M, pointlessly obsessed with motherhood and the fact that she's a chick. Samus's backstory is such that she wouldn't really identify with human genders anyway, her being raised by the Chozo and all. But Shinji Marketing wouldn't like that, so they gotta ruin her character. She needs to basically be the Master Chief. The only things she should say should be succinct assessments and opinions or the very occasional dry one-liner.

It felt like a cynical attempt at gaining some popularity in Japan, which isn't going to happen, as Japan has never, nor will never care about Metroid.
What sucks is, I heard it worked, at least to some degree, and since Brawl, now most art of Samus is sadly in the zero suit.
I ease the pain I'm feeling with this hilarious picture from the games with cursing thread.
http://i.imgur.com/CmeAQ9u.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
Uncle Dante couldn't undo the damage done by Donte's parents.
[quote="skLaFarebear, post: 139187635"]Yeah, but that's why I put brand new lol. And it also comes with a game, unless the refurb does too.[/QUOTE]
I was trying to elaborate and put the price in perspective, bad wording, and then yeah if it comes with a game, it's definitely worth getting new-but-secondhand.

She needs to basically be the Master Chief. The only things she should say should be succinct assessments and opinions or the very occasional dry one-liner.
I wanted to reply with a picture of a nail in a wall to imply you nailed it, but instead I'm just explaining it.
i love the TF2 character stuff regardless of the game itself, that's great.
Zero suit existed before other M.
It's used for fanservice far more in Other M. She's shown in just the suit far more. Also:
He's right. Zero Mission. Of course, Other M gave it high heels and fetishized it.
To be honest though, I'm LTTP on Metriod, I didn't know Zero Mission preceeded Other M.

I keep agreeing with you on things like this. Keep up your dedication to FMA being better too.

Haha I used to get too into Metroid arguments and decided to never do internet arguments again, but it occasionally comes out when I get mad.
FMA is one of those hot button topics, so I'll try.

I didn't mind the Zero Suit in Zero Mission, even though I thought it was weird that she wasn't in her two piece, or because she immediately dropped her armor after getting off of Brinstar. I thought it was fine there.

I hate it in Other M, not only because it is ugly, because it's not supposed to be regular clothing, and it is used in a freaking escape sequence, that made no freaking sense, which felt like the ultimate pandering job.

It's definitely cynical otaku bait, alongside her horrible submissive waifu-ification in Other M.

I didn't like the stealth epilogue in Zero Mission, even though I absolutely loved the actual game. It was interesting, but just felt meh (didn't help that I died so much).

What sucks is, I heard it worked, at least to some degree, and since Brawl, now most art of Samus is sadly in the zero suit.

And this is the big one, where it's just depressing all around.
They just put ZSS on everything Metroid related, to the point where I was happily surprised that Samus was actually in her suit on the cover of Smash 4.
I'm just worried about the next Metroid games, they're obviously going to heavily feature ZSS if they're pushing her this hard. They know sex sells and since Metroid doesn't sell much... such a dang shame for a series and character that I love.

I would love to watch a sitcom of Uncle Dante suddenly being given this piece of shit kid from his asshole siblings and having to live with this terrible kid. I'd watch the shit out of that.
Slice of Life, throw in some sick fights, good times. I'm imagining Vergil coming over to the house and the studio audience applauding like crazy.

So something something Too Many Cooks, since we're talking sitcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom