• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
I like everyone of the boys, they are just so diverse between all of their backgrounds. I was reading that part in my calculus class and I really didn't want anyone to see me reading that, but it was an amazing
election season

I think the Chairman doesn't get nearly enough attention.

Xiraiya

When I first read that I was on the toilet and was losing my shit harder than I had at any point. I think this was the first moment where I realized I love the series.
That's usually how it is with Gintama, the regular episodes are mostly fine and funny or have a really nice slice of life moment that feels sincere, but then you reach a fully fledged arc and either something that makes you lose your shit happens, or something really hype happens, and then everything in between the arcs suddenly feels way more entertaining and you just love the series.

One of the few games on my Liam TV that actually works. Was free on PS+ earlier.
By the way, what was Pat's criticism of Freedom Wars again?
The start is really slow and is actually pretty annoying when you have literally no rights. After code two which is like the 2nd chapter it starts getting a lot better. I'm enjoying it since I got past that part but at least for me, the online seems a little laggy. It still works fine though.

That's usually how it is with Gintama, the regular episodes are mostly fine and funny or have a really nice slice of life moment that feels sincere, but then you reach a fully fledged arc and either something that makes you lose your shit happens, or something really hype happens, and then everything in between the arcs suddenly feels way more entertaining and you just love the series.

It's part of why it's so hard to recommend it to people, because while it's in my top 5 manga of all time, it takes so long to get to love it and it varies person to person, so I never know who has the patience to keep going until they maybe enjoy it.

If I've learned anything from Sword Art Online, it's that swords are better than guns.

WHY NOT BOTH?

tumblr_lsmbqtAjHF1qzecubo1_500.gif

Xiraiya

It's part of why it's so hard to recommend it to people, because while it's in my top 5 manga of all time, it takes so long to get to love it and it varies person to person, so I never know who has the patience to keep going until they maybe enjoy it.

That's true, I would really like to have seen them re-release the anime up to 2011 with the new budget/style, because 2011 onwards looks so much better and makes everything far more enjoyable, you go back to the old episodes like the toilet scene in Kyubei arc, and Gin is like yellow all the time.

The worst part is, there are so many jokes and moments that I see and I'm like "This is a series for Pat and/or Woolie to really enjoy" But you just know unless one of them one day had it recommended by a friend or something, then that would be the only way they'll ever bother with it.

Xiraiya

WHY NOT BOTH?

Seifer is such a shitty rival, he ends up being completely nothing and just gets in the way, you see all his mommy and Knight issues come out as time goes on while Squall gets over being grumpy and evolves into a great leader for the garden and his friends. Then at some point I think in Disk 3 you come up against Seifer again and it's like "You are just nothing at this point." as he's still spouting off his bullshit.

I like FF8 for the broken mess it is.
The CGI still holds up and so does the environment and the character art.
The FMVs are still really hype, I also like the Junction system a whole lot, the game is in no way balanced, but in some ways enemies leveling with you do help smooth things out, but again that's abusable in it's own way.
I'd rather junction spells to stats than deal with that damn sphere grid in 10.

I appreciate the freedom it gave but all I wanted was a color coded line or some sort of indication so that I could follow roughly what would be pretty canon/most suitable for each party member.

tumblr_mfln4wnrY71r8tdf1o2_500.gif

Seifer is such a shitty rival, he ends up being completely nothing and just gets in the way, you see all his mommy and Knight issues come out as time goes on while Squall gets over being grumpy and evolves into a great leader for the garden and his friends. Then at some point I think in Disk 3 you come up against Seifer again and it's like "You are just nothing at this point." as he's still spouting off his bullshit.

I attribute some of that to how awkward the localization made some characters appear, especially Squall. He wasn't that much "whatever" in the JP game.

Be careful, there is a Gaffer here who loves Seifer/Squall/FF8 and will argue with you about it to the ends of the earth.

Xiraiya

Be careful, there is a Gaffer here who loves Seifer/Squall/FF8 and will argue with you about it to the ends of the earth.

I wonder if you mean me, I'm a huge FF8 fan, that game is broken as shit but it's my childhood, and after playing through the older FF games in a relatively short timespan not all that long ago, Squall is still my favorite Protagonist, he's just a better character, well I guess Laguna is a bit cooler, but still.

I wonder if you mean me, I'm a huge FF8 fan, that game is broken as shit but it's my childhood, and after playing through the older FF games in a relatively short timespan not all that long ago, Squall is still my favorite Protagonist, he's just a better character, well I guess Laguna is a bit cooler, but still.

Laguna-ffviii-battle.png

I'd take androgynous Laguna over androgynous Squall any day of the week.

I was actually talking about Wazzy. She's a fangirl of FF8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom