• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better then the friendcast

Angry-Leslie-Knope-Parks-and-Recreation.gif
I don't actually have an opinion yet

I can't push myself to listen to the bombcast without Ryan and Vinny anymore (or Patrick for that matter, they had a great 5 man crew going for two years). It's hard.

I agree. Bombcast in its prime is the untouchable best podcast, but without the full crew it's just not the same and I enjoy the dynamic of the Best Friends more than the current roster, though Dan is a fucking madman and that is enjoyable

Ehh, I wouldn't argue against that.Bombcast is really great

Dan da bess tho
Oh, I appreciate the special brand of craziness that Dan brings to the crew. It especially seems like a no brainer in hindsight given his enthusiasm for wrestling on the Powerbombcast (premium podcast hosted by Alex Navarro), he fit right in with that group

Still, as Aaron mentioned, I'm more in love with the dynamic the Super Best Friends have these days than I do the current Bombcast. Still check in for the occasional quick look, though.

IT'S A LOCKDOWN, BABY!

demidar

Oh, I appreciate the special brand of craziness that Dan brings to the crew. It especially seems like a no brainer in hindsight given his enthusiasm for wrestling on the Powerbombcast (premium podcast hosted by Alex Navarro), he fit right in with that group

Still, as Aaron mentioned, I'm more in love with the dynamic the Super Best Friends have these days than I do the current Bombcast. Still check in for the occasional quick look, though.

IT'S A LOCKDOWN, BABY!

Super Best Friends and Giant Bombcast are good compliments.

Xiraiya

Yeah I really like Giant bombcast, I never really find myself disagreeing with them much even in the old 2008 ones, the only thing is that Brad has such an annoying attitude "Yurrhhh uuhhdunno" all the time every time he doesn't get something about a game and when they try to find out why he doesn't like a thing it's just "Yurrrhhh uhhdunnoo iggurrsss, whurturver lurts move on"

Jeff can sometimes sound a tad dismissive and not like a thing but usually he's really sensible about it by being like "But I'm not really the target audience for that game, and I think it does what it needs to but it's not my thing"

And I REALLY like that, more people need to be like that about things they dislike.

ultimax

Yeah, I agree with you, I like the friend cast because the zaibatsu has chemistry like no other group I've seen. Speaking of quick looks, their one for sonic boom was really good.
I started listening right when Destiny came out and they wouldn't shut the fuck up about it, but one of them described hoodslam and I didn't care so much about all the Destiny anymore
Yeah the GB crew is aware that they went overboard with the whole destiny stuff lol but now they actively try not to talk about it anymore

Xiraiya

I started listening right when Destiny came out and they wouldn't shut the fuck up about it, but one of them described hoodslam and I didn't care so much about all the Destiny anymore

There was a similar thing with Rockband and Guitar Hero, they just would not shut the hell up about those games and how they buy every version with every peripheral despite not really wanting to, they got over it eventually.

They like a lot of mainstream action sort of games like Halo and Call Of Duty 4 etc. and since Jeff and Ryan were point whores on XBOX live I'm not really surprised they probably talked about destiny relentlessly.

There was a similar thing with Rockband and Guitar Hero, they just would not shut the hell up about those games and how they buy every version with every peripheral despite not really wanting to, they got over it eventually.

They like a lot of mainstream action sort of games like Halo and Call Of Duty 4 etc. and since Jeff and Ryan were point whores on XBOX live I'm not really surprised they probably talked about destiny relentlessly.

45 minutes a week, 3 weeks in a row

For real though, you don't remember the bombcast for their discussion of current games. You remember it for the dumb bullshit tangents they go off on, like the lack of major pizza places in Petaluma, or Jeff's plans to build a space catapult to launch all of earth's garbage/prisoners into the sun.

Good times...

Xiraiya

For real though, you don't remember the bombcast for their discussion of current games. You remember it for the dumb bullshit tangents they go off on, like the lack of major pizza places in Petaluma, or Jeff's plans to build a space catapult to launch all of earth's garbage/prisoners into the sun.
Good times...

Definitely, Jeff doing bad trailer voices as a running gag has been hilarious.

If you like the Bombcast you may want to look in to 8-4 Play, which is also on the site. It's Biweekly and done by 8-4, a localization company for Japanese games. It's pretty interesting.

THIS IS WREST-LING *clap clap clapclapclap* THIS IS WREST-LING *clap clap clapclapclap*

B2bgFqXCAAE08Pj.png

You can't be serious. I never watched wrestling, I really don't know if this is something I'd want to see.

That's what I was gonna ask. Like wtf, why??

Because milk.

THIS IS WREST-LING *clap clap clapclapclap* THIS IS WREST-LING *clap clap clapclapclap*

B2bgFqXCAAE08Pj.png

IS Grumpy Cat gonna have a gimmick like Fandango and talk about his/her/its name??

IS GRUMPY CAT GOING TO BE FACE OR HEEL??

WHAT'S GRUMPY CAT'S INTRO AND STABLE??

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes sense. They want to market the new Smash.

That being said, its kinda funny how Sakurai has has shown intense disdain for the competitive scene and does not want to Smash to be a fighting game and here they are trying to market it as a competitive fighting game at an event where people play competitive fighting games.

This and the whole "no one understands my genius" with the Kid Icarus Uprising controls, I honestly think he needs to check his ego and get his head out of his ass.

360pages

The Korra playthough is getting slightly better now that they unlocked more stuff.

Might watch Evil within a little later since that's not something I want to watch while I'm eating

That being said, its kinda funny how Sakurai has has shown intense disdain competitive scene and does not want to Smash to be a fighting and here they are trying to market it as a competitive fighting game at an event where people play competitive fighting games.

This and the whole "no one understands my genius" with the Kid Icarus Uprising controls, I honestly think he needs to check his ego and get his head out of his ass.

As long as he keeps making good video games I don't give a shit.

croten

That being said, its kinda funny how Sakurai has has shown intense disdain for the competitive scene and does not want to Smash to be a fighting game and here they are trying to market it as a competitive fighting game at an event where people play competitive fighting games.

Kamiya is the king of ego.

360pages

Kid Icarus is a game I regret buying since I can only really beat 3 levels before I put it back for months because I'm tired of it. If they were going to have that control scheme make the levels 5-10 min at max. Not 15-25 min.

croten

Kid Icarus is a game I regret buying since I can only really beat 3 levels before I put it back for months because I'm tired of it. If they were going to have that control scheme make the levels 5-10 min at max. Not 15-25 min.

Permanently damage your wrist tho

I and several others basically said amongst ourselves how perfect the Wii U Gamepad is for an Uprising 2. Hell, I'd just buy an HD Uprising on Wii U. Hearing the Best Friends mirror this thought recently reminded me.

Kamiya is the king of ego.

At least Kamiya can back that ego up with his resume and his complaints and justifications for complaints make a level of sense.

At least the game has the ability to rebind the controls. It still begs the question of why the default controls got past QA

Where the controls that bad? Never played it.
I never had trouble and could play for hours, but it varies person to person. Liam did the highest difficulty and ruined his wrists. He talks about it being worth it.
At least the game has the ability to rebind the controls. It still begs the question of why the default controls got past QA
It's just how the game is designed, how else do you bind the controls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom