• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, also, recorded the first part of Sonic Adventure 2. I think my friend is just plain depressed by the game, it's 90% me talking about the game and 10% him chiming in with "Just fuck this."
But did he take your lead and did you set him free? SA2 didn't age very well but it is still enjoyable. Make sure you subject him to at least one full episode of Chao Garden
or pull a triple tirade and just play that the entire time

Sounds terribly good?

It being good would require me to be funny.

But did he take your lead and did you set him free? SA2 didn't age very well but it is still enjoyable. Make sure you subject him to at least one full episode of Chao Garden
or pull a triple tirade and just play that the entire time

I did a little Chao Garden at the very end to show it off, but yeah, I'm gonna do a full episode near the end where I just shove shit into a Chao for an hour and make it race.

The biggest problem with SA2 is that fucking camera. During Sonic stages, it's not a problem since it's mostly fixed, but anytime you have control of it it is the worst shit ever.

You might have to cut him out if it continues like that.

I'm gonna make him play in the next part and I'm talking to him about his attitude towards the whole thing, since he wants to do it but is super against the idea of acting more enthused than he really is, which is a huge problem.

demidar

I'm gonna make him play in the next part and I'm talking to him about his attitude towards the whole thing, since he wants to do it but is super against the idea of acting more enthused than he really is, which is a huge problem.

He might just not have the personality for it, Let's Plays thrive on either energy (positive or negative) or deep knowledge delivered well.

Zenfalcia

That's not going to help if you're planing to do this LP with another commentator. What does he have against the game?

He might just not have the personality for it, Let's Plays thrive on either energy (positive or negative) or deep knowledge delivered well.

He's actually probably way funnier than I am in them, but he's just an intensely lazy person, who hates doing literally anything that can even remotely constitute work, even if it's just playing a game with a friend. When he's into it, he's better, but when he's not he just brings the entire thing down, which is a huge problem that we're trying to work out, since I enjoy doing them with him and he says he likes it, but hates the minor amount of work that it is.

That's not going to help if you're planing to do this LP with another commentator. What does he have against the game?

That's the problem, I'm super boring on my own and our rapport is what we rely on, since we're super close, but when he's against it he's just against it and refuses to get into it. The game itself is irrelevant unless he wanted to play it, so it's nothing wrong with SA2 and more with his shitty mentality.

If he'd just take his indifference and annoyance towards the game and say those words, then we'd be fine, since I'm unreasonably apologetic towards the game, but he just needs to get over his work issues.

demidar

He's actually probably way funnier than I am in them, but he's just an intensely lazy person, who hates doing literally anything that can even remotely constitute work, even if it's just playing a game with a friend. When he's into it, he's better, but when he's not he just brings the entire thing down, which is a huge problem that we're trying to work out, since I enjoy doing them with him and he says he likes it, but hates the minor amount of work that it is.

Heh that sounds exactly like me.

Zenfalcia

That's the problem, I'm super boring on my own and our rapport is what we rely on, since we're super close, but when he's against it he's just against it and refuses to get into it. The game itself is irrelevant unless he wanted to play it, so it's nothing wrong with SA2 and more with his shitty mentality.

If he'd just take his indifference and annoyance towards the game and say those words, then we'd be fine, since I'm unreasonably apologetic towards the game, but he just needs to get over his work issues.

Hmm.. that's not great for long LPs since it will require at least some consistency of effort and with his attitude it'll be hard. It's even worst if it's not even hate towards the game since it's just him complaining. Hopefully you guys can work it out.

Hmm.. that's not great for long LPs since it will require at least some consistency of effort and with his attitude it'll be hard. It's even worst if it's not even hate towards the game since it's just him complaining. Hopefully you guys can work it out.

I'm gonna try to get him to just hate the game instead of just complaining.

Ok. Maybe you could've called it off if he wasnt in the mood? It wouldn't be a terrible idea, but then it might create the habit of not doing it when he's not in the mood.

The problem is that he always isn't in the mood to do it until we start each time and we find out if he's being bitchy or not. It's a grab bag but all of our LPs have fallen off due to waiting for him to be in the best mood possible to start again, and then we lose our groove and place, so I'm just starting a schedule that we're gonna keep and see how that goes, since he can go into that day expecting it.

Zenfalcia

The problem is that he always isn't in the mood to do it until we start each time and we find out if he's being bitchy or not. It's a grab bag but all of our LPs have fallen off due to waiting for him to be in the best mood possible to start again, and then we lose our groove and place, so I'm just starting a schedule that we're gonna keep and see how that goes, since he can go into that day expecting it.

That's for the best other wise you might not even have videos since it'll keep being pushed due to "not being in the mood"

Oh geez dude.

Full LP.

That's for the best other wise you might not even have videos since it'll keep being pushed due to "not being in the mood"

That's what always happens, so we're just gonna try this out. I've realized the way to deal with his not ever wanting to get into things or take recommendations is to just start doing it and he won't really fight it. LPs are turning out to be slightly different, since he has to have active participation.

Unrelated: What is the starting roster for Smash Wii U?

Zenfalcia

That's what always happens, so we're just gonna try this out. I've realized the way to deal with his not ever wanting to get into things or take recommendations is to just start doing it and he won't really fight it. LPs are turning out to be slightly different, since he has to have active participation.

Unrelated: What is the starting roster for Smash Wii U?
Sure. I dont know if sonic adventures 2 is a great pick for that, but good luck with that.

For the smash wii u: i think this is it.

roster_wii_u__banner-auto-cropping.png

Zenfalcia

It gives me a message saying 'Some features of the steam community become available once you have games on your steam account'

Oh, damn that sucks. Maybe someone here as a free game to gift to you or something.

I can gift you a game

DP, sunnofabitch

EDIT: Wait, this isn't an issue. There are tons of F2P games that you could download.

Dped that home town.. also yeah.. there's games like tf2 you can get.. what else.. tons of other stuff.

croten

Think you need to make a purchase in a F2P game for it to count.

Maybe but it's worth a shot. I think Unturned is less than a gigabyte so it should be easy to test.

Also there is a game called floating int that is free that I think everybody should check out. It was made by the guy that did Gunpoint, he made a free game as a thank you to everybody. It's not a free to play game or anything.

Zenfalcia

Not quoting you maragi since spoilers. That's pretty hilarious though. Well golden enemies give you gold or rare items right? Usually better than normal chests?

Shouldn't you be happy? It means less grinding on normal enemies.

Zenfalcia

But... Not even YouTube? Nothing? That's bullshit, it's only like 8 gigs!

Either the computer or internet. It's pretty intensive on the computer and internet. Plague talked about it on a video about taking almost a full day to render/upload. Only 8 gigs? Dude.. How long is the video(s)

Each single golden enemy gives a ton of exp and gold. I've come across 22 in the past twenty-five minutes. And yeah, it does mean pretty much no grinding, but my levels are growing far too quickly. I'm pretty sure I'm a higher level than the boss of this dungeon now.

It's like, imagine playing a pokemon blue and before even reaching brock, you find some kind of incredibly easy battle that ups your levels by 5 somehow (just go with it). You're like, "cool! Now I can face brock!". And on the way to his gym you come across 20 of them. And you can't stop beating them because they're just too tempting. I think you can guess what kind of an effect that could have on the game.

It's fineee!!! Persona's dungeoning is a side thing. Everyone only really cares about the social links! Although it does ruin some moments.. Like i was level 90 with my party members at 85+ against the final boss in P3FES the journey and it was a joke. I even Armageddoned at the end and one shoted him.

Either the computer or internet. It's pretty intensive on the computer and internet. Plague talked about it on a video about taking almost a full day to render/upload. Only 8 gigs? Dude.. How long is the video(s)

Like a half hour. Our recording software records everything raw, so the files are pretty huge, that's a lot smaller than the actual file.

You could try to lower the quality or something. You could also leave it as is, it'll just take a while to upload.

The only options for that in our video editor is either really shitty, acceptable and super HD, we don't want either extremes and the acceptable is the only way to not look like shit while not filling up the harddrive, so it's kind of a no win situation, but it's still annoying that shit doesn't even load.

Zenfalcia

The only options for that in our video editor is either really shitty, acceptable and super HD, we don't want either extremes and the acceptable is the only way to not look like shit while not filling up the harddrive, so it's kind of a no win situation, but it's still annoying that shit doesn't even load.

Seems like you're in quite the predicament. What video editor are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom