• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt snake just shoot missiles at the cockpit of REX?

true enough but the force of a bunch of missiles vs the weight of a 4 foot tall hedgehog jumping on you 5 times doesn't really compare. I'm sure Village can pull some Archie Comic bullshit out about how sonic is travelling so fast there is massive impact but in the games it certainly doesn't seem like it.

360pages

true enough but the force of a bunch of missiles vs the weight of a 4 foot tall hedgehog jumping on you 5 times doesn't really compare. I'm sure Village can pull some Archie Comic bullshit out about how sonic is travelling so fast there is massive impact but in the games it certainly doesn't seem like it.

In the later games it does make sonic look like he is going really fast when he's doing the homing attack. Too bad the earlier games were limited in playstyle and power.

Xiraiya

Didnt snake just shoot missiles at the cockpit of REX?

Snake shot missiles at the radar dome thing, which broke Liquid's Interface inside the cockpit, forcing him to be exposed by opening it up so that he could actually see where Snake is, which was the only way to really damage REX it's self.

But hes all covered in spines and shit.

He said he wanted to have his character atleast decent looking and also he just felt like it.

Finally watched evil within 9.. woof.. so spoopy.. woof.

Evil Within is actually scary, and that's great

And do you really want to get into the physics of homing attacks in a world where sonic can direct himself in midair like he's heatseeking while simulteneously spinning his head around in circles so that it would be completely impossible to orient himself?

It has nice atmosphere, that's really all i can say. The other stuff aren't as great. The combat ranges from too easy to too hard.

I just feel like if everybody were comparing it to RE4 less it would be considered an excellent game
SWC said, expressing an entirely new and interesting opinion nobody's ever shared

Squishy3

It has nice atmosphere, that's really all i can say. The other stuff aren't as great. The combat ranges from too easy to too hard.
The gameplay is fine, and I'm a motherfucker who got stuck on the chapter 14 boss fight and the final arena encounter in the game.

Sure and if nobody compared DS2 to DS then it would perfect
DS2 is a direct sequel and The Evil Within is not a sequel to RE4. Which is why people are tired of the direct comparisons to RE4.

Zenfalcia

I just feel like if everybody were comparing it to RE4 less it would be considered an excellent game
SWC said, expressing an entirely new and interesting opinion nobody's ever shared
Nah, i'm not comparing it to RE4 at all. I feel like the cross bow can trivialize most encounters and the uselessness of the melee is not great. The insta kills is the real kicker makes some encounters not so fun to play.

JoJo94

Speaking of animals, do you guys have any pets?
My mother told me that I could get one when I move out..

10418892_10203728428626369_1602390847695023528_n.jpg

My dog at my Mom's house his name is Rush

Don't have a picture of him on facebook but at my Dad's house we have an all-white Boxer named Shadow...he was named that because when he was a puppy he shadowed people so much.

uploaded it really quick

360pages

With that said, despite it being a very different game on its own it is still takes a lot of inspiration for RE4, just trying to lean into more horror than action. The problem is, is that it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Does it want to be a high action horror game? They send rooms upon rooms of enemies at you on more than one occasion, but then in the next breath the game tries to play it calm and cool setting up atmosphere. Despite the fact that I have a crossbow that freezes and has poison shots

It doesn't help that the aiming and gun play does feel like a step down from RE4. And I'm still confused if it is supposed to be a parody or playing itself straight

In the later games it does make sonic look like he is going really fast when he's doing the homing attack. Too bad the earlier games were limited in playstyle and power.
RPG7's shot travels 414K/H before the propulsion device on the actual rocket(?) kicks in, where it travels up to 1062K/H
Wikipedia power!
I have no idea how sonic works outside of the few games that I have played but aside from when he literally goes Super Sonic, It doesn't seem like he moves that fast. I know they cannot actually show these speeds in game in a way that you can see or would actually workbut I'm pointing it out like an asshole. I don't even know why I'm still comparing MGS Metal Gears to Sonic Metal Gears but it is Sunday morning and I don't have anything to do. I'll stop before I start making absolutely no sense
Science Debunked.

Also, since I lost all the Way of the Samurai footage I made this which I wouldn't normally like, but you guys are the only people who will get 90% of the stuff in there, so I figured I'd drop it down in here anyway.
For those that are interested, my Sonic Adventure 2 LP is uploaded. Don't wanna fill up this thread with shilling so I won't post about this beyond this part. Some people wanted to see it, so I apologize for shilling so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyQPQpJZPqI
This is just like Christmas. All these wonderful things.

Squishy3

It is fine, but it's not amazing or great, but who am I to complain? I havent even played the game. Was the boss hard? Or what?
I had no ammo for any of the guns that actually did damage so I had to kill the things the boss kept spawning that give you ammo so it just took forever.

Oberon

Banned
Ep 6

It's ok that she's wearing that, she's a cyborg and over 100 years old!
There isn't much to say about this episode, very fanservice, much loli, wow

Oberon

Banned
My dog at my Mom's house his name is Rush

Don't have a picture of him on facebook but at my Dad's house we have an all-white Boxer named Shadow...he was named that because when he was a puppy he shadowed people so much.

uploaded it really quick

We call him Captain.

Inu kawaii desu ne

Is someone playing Skull girls in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom