• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 7: FRIENDER65

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned

360pages

I only liked Emerald out of the Gen 3 games R/S fell off really hard for me.

FR/LG I loved, but those were remakes anyway/

I was super excited for Gen 2 remakes and they fixed all the problems I had with Gen 2 outside of level scaling.

comic372.png
Awkward Zombie's Smash comics are always so good.

So I borrowed Evil Within from an uncle of mine and plan to start it today, though I'm a super babby who freaks their shit at everything even though I love scary things.

Any tips before I head into this? I'm watching the LP so I know what happens at least up to where they are but after that I'm gonna be totally lost.

Pimp-my-ride-_-gintama-31308877-500-281.gif

I couldnt find it.

Sadly not enough people are fans of Gorilla's.

So I borrowed Evil Within from an uncle of mine and plan to start it today, though I'm a super babby who freaks their shit at everything even though I love scary things.

Any tips before I head into this? I'm watching the LP so I know what happens at least up to where they are but after that I'm gonna be totally lost.

Burn any suspicious bodies, look everywhere for those tiny ceramic statues and map pieces, weapon crits and sprinting are useful upgrades.

Have you played RE4? If so, don't make the same mistake I made and try playing it like that. Make use of every weapon you have, pay close attention to your surroundings, don't rush through things.

That's the most general advice I can give.

Have you played RE4? If so, don't make the same mistake I made and try playing it like that. Make use of every weapon you have, pay close attention to your surroundings, don't rush through things.

I haven't played it, though I could right now if I felt so inclined. I find it really hard to play a game I've already seen from start to finish hence why I'm hopping on the Evil train before the LP gets too far in.

Beloved

I love watching things with people, especially when it's their first times. I love seeing reactions.

I need to find someone else who has never seen things like Gintama, Stein's Gate and HxH and force them into watching it with me.

That sounds super LEWD out of context

Oberon

Banned
But mine's the cutest...right?

Can they play Skull girls?

Where are the thigh socks Arclight? You promised me there were thigh socks!

Edit: oh, here are some, but they're white...ew

I really need to get back to Ultimax. I played it the first week but so much else came out I kind of forgot about it.

I'm already mad rusty at fighting games so I'll be even worse now.

JoJo94

I really need to get back to Ultimax. I played it the first week but so much else came out I kind of forgot about it.

I'm already mad rusty at fighting games so I'll be even worse now.

Yeah I kind of dropped off it too for some reason been slowly getting back into it though.

As crude as some of it is, it's actually a fantastic 2D Action game and I'm having a fucking blast. You watch ENB right? He did LP of the game, you can see his opinions on stuff.

Just beat Momohime's side, starting Kisuke on Chaos.
I do like the artstyle... I'll be sure to check it out when I have time again. Its hard to balance fighting games and other games with your other interests along with school.

joe2187

Banned
I... think I'll stay away from that series when I get a vita...

Seriously?

I've platinumed all of Muramasa and all of it's DLC, I have like 340 hours logged in that game alone.

one of my favorite handheld action games, and the art, humor and writing is damn good. The writing is very very well done.

Seriously?

I've platinumed all of Muramasa and all of it's DLC, I have like 340 hours logged in that game alone.

one of my favorite handheld action games, and the art, humor and writing is damn good. The writing is very very well done.
I think it was the tanuki balls that really swayed my opinion. The tanuki balls can't really be that big.... right?

AARON!

your lets play has an oscillating fan in the background!

Oh and I think you're missing a Liam-esque third to round out the team. You need a gunjumper.

Duplolas

Banned
Hey guys. So I have a question for you all.

I am thinking about doing some Lets Play videos. I love to talk and can bull shit my way through any conversation really (Planning on going to law school later in life).

The idea I had was to play a few games on the lowest quality video settings possible, even though my pc can handle them on the highest possible.

The reason being, many low quality settings cause really weird things to happen to your game. One example being that in Fallout New Vegas if you lower your settings enough, some character models dont even have animations and just kinda glide over the ground towards you. Imagine Super Smash Bros trophies attacking you.

Essentially it just adds to the comedy IMO.

So what do you guys think of the idea?

croten

I am thinking about doing some Lets Play videos. I love to talk and can bull shit my way through any conversation really (Planning on going to law school later in life).

The idea I had was to play a few games on the lowest quality video settings possible, even though my pc can handle them on the highest possible.

The reason being, many low quality settings cause really weird things to happen to your game. One example being that in Fallout New Vegas if you lower your settings enough, some character models dont even have animations and just kinda glide over the ground towards you. Imagine Super Smash Bros trophies attacking you.

I'd recommend just trying to do a normal video first, if you feel like you want to do that after then it's your call.

Croten is right. Also: Be sure to keep resolution and try keeping texture quality high, and see if it still does the dumb bullshit. If it's too ugly it'll be unapealling. It's not a terrible idea though.

I complerly forgot about that, I was too distracted by the butts
Best part about that segment is that it's an anime only sub plot and the way it transitions back into the main story (when Arclight is giving his speech on the big hologram in the sky) is fucking absurd and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom